Forums > Other Toys > fire breathing/eating (this may not go here)

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
DarkProphetmember
14 posts

Posted:
go easy on me im new.. ive been spitting fire for over 2 years now without any issues (knocks on wood) i saw it done outside a club went home practiced the spray pattern with water then went to differant alcohols.. works great for me.. i use really high proof alcohols, decent flame, relatively safe to hold in the mouth over other fuels.. so heres my question.. i want to move up to fire eating.. ive read a little but it seems like im the only person breathing fire with alcohol most people seem to use various fuels... will i run into any problems using the same alcohol to fuel my tourches for fire eating?

thanks in advance for any help...

EDITED_BY: DarkProphet (1080607010)

DarkProphetmember
14 posts

Posted:
Quote:

ok ill make this really really simple

for blowing fire, if you dont have access to things like Aviation grade kero (make a note to check for any additives that might be put into the kero to increase engine temp in the plane) use Ultra Pure lamp oil
It is very basically liquid chapstick
the additive keeps it in a liquid form thats why its only 99.something% pure
without the additive youd be trying to chew up a waxy goo into something for a wick....
just a general rule..try and stay away from citronella...its nasty stuff
if your not sure...RESEARCH!!!!!! youll learn more from the msds than anything on the bottle
and be smart about it, dont let somebody pressure you into blowing, and dont let your pride make you do something stupid.....
just think everything out, take every measure you can to be as safe as possible....
oooh and some new fire sword pictures up once i make em smaller in file size

yeah that makes sense... thats why it says %99 pure...

im sticking by the whole alcohol indoors and learning lamp oil for outside.. thats what i feel comfortable with.. so thats what ill do..

DarkProphetmember
14 posts

Posted:
i know thread back from the dead... well i still use alcohol.. and im still alive and unburned (knocks on wood) i eat fire all the time and ive tried lamp oil a couple times since... and i can definately see the advantage lamp oil brings... just tastes gross lol.. but thanks for all the info... it really gave me a good direction...

Page: