hexagonicClubbles Jugs
1,687 posts

Posted:
Did anyone else see the Article in yesterday's Times in the News Review? It was an account from inside the White House on the fateful day of 9/11 and the way people (especially Bush) reacted. It should be online if no-one caught it, or I have a copy. It's an interesting read, there i a book that's just come out about it, and I think it got a mention in today's papers (i haven't read them yet). Apparently the book is rocking Washington; does anyone stateside know what I'm talking about?

Hex

ah wah wah wah a wah wah

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
Is it the Richard Clark book?

hexagonicClubbles Jugs
1,687 posts

Posted:
it may well be, that name rings a bell. Do u have it?

ah wah wah wah a wah wah

DeepSoulSheepGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,617 posts

Posted:
It is. That's if Richard Clarke is the guy who used to work in the administration and is now releasing a book.

I live in a world of infinite possibilities.

DeepSoulSheepGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,617 posts

Posted:
But I think it is. There's a story on CNN today, if you check. Nothing of BBC can only think it must've been on last weeks cause there's some fuss been started last week when he was on an interview, saying the Bush administration ignored warnings that an attack by Al Qaeda was immenant and they were more interested in Iraq or something like that....

I live in a world of infinite possibilities.

GottaLoveItSponge
883 posts

Posted:
I didn't fancy posting a new thread on this so thought I'd rant in here about the media and desensitisation as it kinda fits!
John Snow on Channel 4 news said - within the first 3 minutes??? of the program about when the guy in the wheelchair was assasinated - "Was it a terrorist act or merely a targeted killing?" merely? merely? Gees! Like merely targeting to kill someone is a meek act!!!
spank spank spank

Monkeys monkeys and bananas

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
Mr Hexagonic would like to provide this link to the Guardian.
wink
Also interestingly mentions Jose Padilla, a US citizen imprisioned in the US with constitutional rights removed!

Also, another interesting story.

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
Quote:

Also interestingly mentions Jose Padilla, a US citizen imprisioned in the US with constitutional rights removed!

We don't need a Constitution. We have Bush. Scum like that is better locked up than setting off dirty bonds. The President will keep us safe and we can trust him to apply his powers benevolently.

*wanders off to ritually purge self and then to have tongue surgically disimpacted from cheek* rolleyes

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura