bubblishisFalse Eyelash
346 posts

Posted:
This July will be 5 years that I've had my tongue pierced. For the first copule of years I *loved* it. I mean love love. It was wonderful and sensual and totally cool. Then I stopped noticing it. Just forgot it was there. Now it's starting to get a little annoying.

The dilemma is that it's kinda a symbol of my funky-ness where I otherwise look pretty "normal". I realize that my inner weirdo shines through (believe me it does) and I don't need an external symbol. But still.....

Any thoughts about this? Any ideas about substitutions for the funky symbol? (I'm not really ready for a tattoo.) Do you think I should ditch the tongue stud?

Argh.....

All the freaky people make the beauty of the world.

onewheeldaveGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,252 posts

Posted:
I used to have loads of piercings, then toned it down by taking out most of the ear ones, letting my 15mm flesh tunnel shrink down and getting rid of my tonge piercing.

For past few days I've been wearing my septum spike (nose cartrilige) for the first time in years- that's a nice piercing because with the spike in you're going to look prtetty extreme (in UK septum spikes are pretty rare), but, if you get a keeper stud you'll look completely normal.

It's also one of those piercings that work well i.e. heals quick with very little chance of rejection, unlike the more common eyebrow and navel piercings which aren't really the best places to take a piercing. This is probably why septum piercings are quite common amongst primitive tribes, whereas you'll never see them with their eyebrows or navels pierced.

Concerning tattoos, you're right to not rush in, it's important to be clear in your mind what you want.

However, I've got a few white ink tattoos which look quite interesting, but are also pretty subtle. White ink tattos are fairly rare, but could be worth considering if you want something unusual.

"You can't outrun Death forever.
But you can make the Bastard work for it."

--MAJOR KORGO KORGAR,
"Last of The Lancers"
AFC 32

Educate your self in the Hazards of Fire Breathing STAY SAFE!

thorFlaming Lesbian
181 posts

Posted:
thanks for the tip on that white ink tattooing. i've also been a little timid about getting a tat. i barely know who i am today, how will i know who i will be 20 years from now when i have to explain it to someone ;]

but that sounds really cool

Lights dancing off my skin as chains wrap round it.
Pain is in a little box and I'm so glad I found it.

carbon_blackmember
38 posts

Posted:
does it seperate you from the croud? im guessing by getting it done you were kinda looking for that effect.
do you have a passion for piecings anymore?
if ya don't theres no real point. ifs its annoying ya then take it out.
its up to you.
i do like the idea of white ink tats though.

p.s howd ya shrink ya flesh tunnel. i have about a 10 mm one and i will be shrinking it soon. i just dont know how.

Friday night is FIRE night...

Life ain't life without atleast cheating death atleast once a day.

bubblishisFalse Eyelash
346 posts

Posted:
Honestly I'm done with piercings. The tongue was kinda traumatizing and I just don't know if I can go there again. You know that saying "old enough to know better, young enough not to care"....right except I kinda care now. smile

I like the white ink idea. Are you caucasian? I am - pretty fair too as white people go. Wondering what that would look like. But I like the idea of something subtle. One of the things I like about my tongue piercing is that most people don't notice it.

ubbrollsmile

DentrassiGOLD Member
ZORT!
3,045 posts

Posted:
i cant believe pounce hasnt visited this thread yet...

"Here kitty kitty...." - Schroedinger.

PukSILVER Member
Sweet talented nutter
2,615 posts

Posted:
Surprising considering she lives one this site as much as possible .

You don't really need anything to make your weirdness come through so if you don't li9ke it ditch it !.

that shrewd and knavish sprite

Called Robin Good Fellow ; are you not he that is frighten of the maidens of the villagery - fairy

I am the merry wander of the night -puk

Genevivemember
17 posts

Posted:
If piercing your body or having permanent markers on your skin dont work for you anymore. why dont you do weird stuff with your hair, easy to change when you get bored of it, you could be normal one day and crazy the next!

carbon_blackmember
38 posts

Posted:
yeh i agree.
do somthing incredably awsome with your hair or wear the funkyest [censored] u can find. theres heaps of different ways to be wikkedly kool.

Friday night is FIRE night...

Life ain't life without atleast cheating death atleast once a day.

peaches**86943thats sooooo not where i parked my car...................
198 posts

Posted:
on the tatt subject u can actually get tattoos that only show up under uv light
and they are practically invisible the only difference is that the skin is slightly lightned to some degree

we cant stop here its bat country!!!!!!!!!!!

Narr(*) (*) .. for the gnor ;)
2,568 posts

Posted:
ive been wonderint the same thing about my lip stud .. i love it but am annoyed by it sometimes..but when i take it out its not me anymore tis very strange feeling...

she who sees from up high smiles

Patrick badger king: *they better hope there's never a jihad on stupidity*

ASTRO FAERIEBRONZE Member
ummmmmmm.............
724 posts

Posted:
I had no choice, i had to take out my tongue piercing, i'd had it for 3-4 yrs and it was part of me, i loved it. i got an outbreak of mouth ulcers, lots of little ones all round my mouth, god knows why. But out of sensibility i removed it. I cried like a baby when i had to make the choice, cos like you it was part of me, and my mad side. I would say that if you really think its pointless keeping it and you really have had enough of it then remove it, but make sure its what you really want first, cos i still miss mine. I still get the feeling its still there, you know, like the feeling you get when you take a ring off and it still feels like its on your finger....weird!. biggrin

Only when the last tree has died
and the last river has been poisoned
and the last fish has been caught
will we realise that we
cannot eat money.

Cree Indian, 1909

psycho44BRONZE Member
56 posts

Posted:
Hey I am a normal looking person a mom and i also have my tongue pierced but I think whether you keep it or not your inner funkiness will probably shine through in other ways. I find myself often doing things that people consider strange but hey my kids think they have a fun mom and i love the reactions i get sometimes. A piercing does not define who you are it only enhances it so just find another way to enhance your funkiness.

bubblishisFalse Eyelash
346 posts

Posted:
Truetrue. You guys are right. I'm sure the inner funkiness would shine through. I'm wimpy with my hair, though god knows I have tons of it. And I'm lazy with my wardrobe. So the tongue stud has been easy. But I can step it up. It's time I do that in many ways.

Black light tatoos? That sounds like cancer waiting to happen.

Astro faerie....interesting point you raise and I've thought about that before. Another reason to procrastinate on taking it out even though I kinda want to. I'm hoping that the sensual erotic feeling I had when I got it pierced will be revived by not having it any more.

Where is pounce anyway??!!

OrangeBoboSILVER Member
veteran
1,389 posts

Posted:
White tats:

Non-Https Image Link

Non-Https Image Link

Hope they work/help!!

~ Bobo

wie weit, wie weit noch?
fragst mich, wo wir gewesen sind...
du fehlst hier

DentrassiGOLD Member
ZORT!
3,045 posts

Posted:
wow bobo! your arms are so hairy! ubblol

"Here kitty kitty...." - Schroedinger.

OrangeBoboSILVER Member
veteran
1,389 posts

Posted:
*sigh* I know... Can't help it, inheriting man arms and all rolleyes:

~ Bobo

wie weit, wie weit noch?
du fehlst hier

Fatoxiousmember
4 posts

Posted:
up until saturday i had 2 piercings, my left eyebrow, and right nipple. both fairly standard these days. i was trying to psych myself out, proving that there are things that i can convince myself i can't do. i failed, on saturday arvo, i got an ampallang.
(https://www.primalurge.com.au/images/mfgenital/Pic%20%203.jpg this link DOES portray male genitals. they do not belong to me, but that's what i've got)
it was the single most painful 6 seconds of my entire life. but the pain was short lived. i love my piercings (this new one will take a while to appriciate i think...) and they do become a part of you. i had a solid jade ring that broke the other night, and i've still got the ring of skin that shows where it was. but, although i loved that ring - i've gotten used to not having it.
i think i'll get to the point where i'll start taking them out sooner or a later (my piercings) they represent times in your life, and sometimes you just want to move away from that part and move on....

Chris -=- Fatty

something has to change, undeniable dilemma. boredom's not a burden anyone should bear.

aquaNtonicmember
19 posts

Posted:
I think I'm coming to the end of my piercings too now

I have my tongue and labret done and although I still love the reaction I get at work (I have to wear a suit but have a gemstone ball on my labret - people can't cope biggrin) I think I'm getting bored of it now

I change my hair often enough why wouldn't I change this too?

I also have my tragus and daith done, they however aren't going anywhere, they were FAR too painful to lose them yet! eek frown ubbcrying

I see it a bit like this, if I take them out, they didn't hurt to get pierced in the first place so if I miss them too much I can always get it done again smile

*hic*

Big AndyBRONZE Member
186 posts

Posted:
Well, I can't speak for everyone, but my personaly opinion is that tongu piercings are a waste. They're unattractive, get in the way when kissing, don't help you "perform" any better, and make you tak funny. They're also the most common "naughty" piercing, so they don't really set you apart from anyone else.

If you want a "funky symbol" then get a unique tatoo. By unique, I mean not a stereotypical chinese symbol or tribal thing, way too overdone. Get something with a deep, artistic, poetic meaning in your life/past that you would like on your body. Sit down with some close friends/artistic friends and discuss ideas. Then, once you have a good idea, sit down with the tat artist of your choice and begin to realize your vision with him/her.

I understand the not being ready for a tatoo thing, lol. Permanent is permanent is permanent, so for sure, don't rush into anything. I definately vote for taking out the tongue stud though tongue

"We can't stop here! This is bat country!"

"Welcome to the U-S-A,
We'll treat you right, unless you're black or gay, or Cherokeeeeee!!"

-Brian Griffin from "Family Guy" (the dog)

BethMiss Whippy
1,262 posts

Posted:
It'll be 4 years this July that ive had my tongue pierced, and i still love it. When i was about 14/15 i went through a huge phase of getting piercings, i had about 10 in a year and now its lost its appeal. I still love all my piercings (14 so far). I know how you feel though, i was considering taking my tongue bar out for a while, but then i realised that i wouldnt feel right without it, if you know you would feel better without it, then take it out. If you change your mind you can always get it re-done, as with most piercings.

As far as tattoos go, im 18 this summer and already have 4 tattoos. If you do want something different then you can opt for a semi-perm tat, they're a tad more expensive than permanent ones but only last for about 3-4 years.
A few of my friends have tattoos and they are mostly tribal or a butterfly or something like that, mine are all unique to me, i had the tattoo artist help design them and i sat down with them and talked through exactly what i wanted, and i love all my tats, they're beautiful. If you do get a tattoo definitely get something important and special to you and take time over it.

Also mad funky hair is a good alternative, i recommend braiding or wraps, they're look great, spesh with mad funky colours!
peace

Aim high and you'll know your limits, aim low and you'll never know how high you could have climbed.

bubblishisFalse Eyelash
346 posts

Posted:
Huh. So many good ideas. The white tatoo is pretty cool and definitely worth considering. Not too sure about the penis bar though. 'Specially since I don't have a penis. tongue

It sounds like the bottom line is that I need to consider the tattoo option more seriously. I saw a girl on the street recently who had a sleeve but only around her ankle ("cuff" is the word I believe). And it was really nice. Really elegant and cool at the same time.

As for the tongue stud getting in the way of kissing...my darling Big Andy...I'd actually say it doesn't get in the way enough! I don't really notice mine any more but for a long time it was the most sensual thing imaginable. But it doesn't appeal to everyone - I hear that. For a long time I couldn't look at it in the mirror because it grossed me out so bad. smile

Ok now on to tattoo options! What do you have and why??

BethMiss Whippy
1,262 posts

Posted:
I have a chinese symbol on my arm, i got it coz i liked the way my friend styled it and it was my first so i wanted something small and simple (and i was 15 and a bit scared).

2nd tat was a very fine black line dragon between my shoulder blades. It is an amazing design and very well done, i dont see it all that often but i still love it. Got it because a dragon is a creature that empowers and to have it between my shoulder blades, right on my spine, makes it all the more powerful.

3rd was a purple, blue and black unicorn on my left ankle. my dad bought it for me (big deal as he is really strict) and i love mythical creatures, also unicorns are very magical.

4th (and favourite) is another dragon. Shes beautiful! Its a draggy growing out of a flower and then biting the stem (circular) and its around my right ankle bone, one of the wings is right on my bone, ouchie but worth it. To me it symbolised nature and magic and beauty and i designed it myself so it is extra special ubblove

For a first tat please dont just pick a design off the walls of the studio, i know so many people who do and then a year later regret that they didnt get something more personal. If you do find a design you like on a wall, ask the artist to talk to you about how it can be manipulated and tweaked so it is more personal.

Good luck! peace

Aim high and you'll know your limits, aim low and you'll never know how high you could have climbed.

OrangeBoboSILVER Member
veteran
1,389 posts

Posted:
Bubbles? biggrin

~ Bobo

wie weit, wie weit noch?
du fehlst hier