preambledmember
53 posts

Posted:
I've quickly whipped up a collection of photos from a few events recently ...

A few of the people in the photos are folk from the message board / site / videos etc..

(including Charles and Sage)

here you go.

my favourite is the top right one. =)

please ignore the pseudo-design-wank in some of them. i was bored at work :/

phunkyold hand
877 posts

Posted:
Very nice. Can't say i have a favorite, they all pretty damn good.

CharlesBRONZE Member
Corporate Circus Arts Entertainer
3,989 posts

Posted:
That's cool Robert, I love the montage style of putting all the photo's into one picture.

And the naming of where the pics were taken from. Excellent use of webspace and info.

Are they taken with your own camera?

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?
* Is it Fair to all concerned?
* Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
* Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

preambledmember
53 posts

Posted:
Charles - the photos were all taken using a digital camera that Claire and Drew had borrowed from a friend.

There's heaps more - I've just picked out the ones I like and made them into montages.

Traceredmember
71 posts

Posted:
Damn, very nicely done. You've got a fair bit of skill in design, my friend.

An eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind - Mahatma Gandhi

CassandraFroggie ... Ribbit !!!
4,224 posts

Posted:
Robert, these pics and the way you arranged them is *really* nice !!! BRAVO !

Now I am a bit surprised cause you say they incude charles and Sage but I thought Sage lived in Austin ? did she come out and visit NZ ?

Shine on
Cassandra

"I want brown bread... no, that is diesel oil..."
"So I was raised in Europe, where History comes from ..."
"NON !!! La Plume de mon oncle n est pas Bingibangibungi !!!"

adamricepoo-bah
1,015 posts

Posted:
She did go to NZ for a few months, and we miss her back here.

Laugh while you can, monkey-boy

arashiPooh-Bah
2,364 posts

Posted:
hey, robert michael...were you at splore, or any of the new zealand adventure? i'm in tantien with zarah and baru...all friends/ex-fire dance partners of sage... we're trying to finally get our website together, and trying to collect cool pics of us... do you have some cool pics of the girls? if you have the time, visit our site, www.firecircus.com and it's real easy to copy pics right onto the site. (heck, anyone reading this is welcome to drop cool pics of us in.) the film is finally being developed of the trip, and i finally get to see... anyway i'll be coming too next year, so see ya then!

-Such a price the gods exact for song: to become what we sing
-Seek freedom and become captive of your desires. Seek discipline and find your liberty.
-When the center of the storm does not move, you are in its path.

preambledmember
53 posts

Posted:
unfortunately i missed splore
couldn't afford it at the time. kicking myself now - heard it was absolutely fantastic.

i have a few photos of sage - most of them in fact are in the bottom right montage that i made.

i'll visit your site and send some photos in.

is "baru" the shortened name of the person I met over here ? i honestly have no idea how to spell her full name - but if it's the same person i rescued some of her fire equipment one night at victoria park

seeya!

arashiPooh-Bah
2,364 posts

Posted:
yeah, "baruseula", i know it's a mouthfull- these darn circus freaks and their hard to say names. i don't know if she went to aussieland, tho. but anyway, sage is traveling and doesn't do stuff with us right now, so i won't use the pics for the site, but i'd love to see them anyway. she'd probably let me use them if any stand out. i love your multiple exposure stuff-esp. the flowery one on the far lower left- how were you getting so many layered tracers? tripod and multiple multiple exposures? cool stuff! the tracer work is some of the best i've seen, and we've had lots of shoots with "pro" photographers. i think being a fire dancer gives you an edge in that respect. have you tried "dragging" the shots with your flash? the dancers will come out less blurry, which is important when they are as goshawful cute as sage.

-Such a price the gods exact for song: to become what we sing
-Seek freedom and become captive of your desires. Seek discipline and find your liberty.
-When the center of the storm does not move, you are in its path.