onewheeldaveGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,252 posts

Posted:
Does anyone know why HOP shop doesn't have the small multicoloured rainbow hacky sacks juggling balls anymore?

Is there anywhere else in the UK that sells them?

Also, has anyone used them and are they good?

cheers,

dave.

"You can't outrun Death forever.
But you can make the Bastard work for it."

--MAJOR KORGO KORGAR,
"Last of The Lancers"
AFC 32

Educate your self in the Hazards of Fire Breathing STAY SAFE!

Konstilovable smart-ass
785 posts

Posted:
well ive bought them and i dont think much of them.

the LED is glued into a hole in the hacky sack. That means to change the batteries u have to rip it out and then bother to glue? tape? whatever? it back in to its place.

The LEDS are flimsy and tend to have their own will when to work and when not to.

However if ur hackysack falls apart u have a cool 3 color strobing led to make new toys with smile DIY rocks!!!

i would rather recommend a samball. its only red but ive got 3 of them and the work very fine. They survive water (rain) and i juggled them at raves and had very good feedback from other jugglers who were growing tired of big and solid globalls. they are quite easy on the hands if u want to juggle for a long time.

hope i helped

wave

"is optimism in austria just a lack of information?"
-Alfred Dorfer

woodnymphmember
313 posts

Posted:
you must be psychic!i wanted to ask where they'd gone too a couple of minutes ago but i got sidetracked... eeki bought some a couple of months ago and i want to get some more cos they're stunning and they also make wicked gifts.......i asked the shop a while back and they said that they'd have new improved ones in stock in about a month,but it's been a month and not a rainbow hacky sak in sight frown

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
Konsti you must have bought different rainbow hacky's to the ones I bought. On mine you just kept un doing the switch and a cover popped off and you just change the batteries there. And they never turn on/off when they spin. Bad luck man sounds like you got a bum pair!

i've put mine in my socks poi and they look wicked at night...loads of different coloured balls printed in the air.

those samballs sound pretty cool tho. Where'd you get em from?

I PM'd Malcolm a while back bout where'd they gone and he just said better ones were on the way. Don't know why they stopped selling the others in the meantime tho.

Let's relight this forum ubblove

Konstilovable smart-ass
785 posts

Posted:
i did get dodgy ones probably............
i got the samballs at oddballs in camden. they should be on their website

"is optimism in austria just a lack of information?"
-Alfred Dorfer

ben-ja-menGOLD Member
just lost .... evil init
2,474 posts

Posted:
id have to agree with custom bug ive got 3 and i love em they make well wicked poi

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourself, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous and talented? Who are you NOT to be?

pounceSILVER Member
All the neurotic makings of America's lesser known sweetheart
9,831 posts

Posted:
ya i wanted to get a pair for sock poi. i bought one for my best friend and it was cool tongue

I was always scared with my mother's obsession with the good scissors. It made me wonder if there were evil scissors lurking in the house somewhere.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

**giggles**

The_Pirate_Dyke_BoyHOP Lord of the Pirate Admiralty
1,079 posts

Posted:
hey i wanted some of those!
are they goo tho?
cuz i like em a bit heavy u see, and comments bout that neone?

D.B.
X x X x X

Ship off the starboard! sound general quarters! noise and light discipline! man the cannons! GET ME THE RUM!

Master of the Free Hug Program

pounceSILVER Member
All the neurotic makings of America's lesser known sweetheart
9,831 posts

Posted:
from what i remember, they were a pretty decent weight.

I was always scared with my mother's obsession with the good scissors. It made me wonder if there were evil scissors lurking in the house somewhere.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

**giggles**

DeimosBRONZE Member
Cinnamon Girl
191 posts

Posted:
I got one and I was very impressed. I thought the flashing colours would be clearly visible, changing every second or so, but I love the fact that you can only see the solid colours trailing behind the hackey sack when it's moved.
The battery changing is simple, like Custom Bug said, you just keep unscrewing the switch thingy and there you have it.
Now I want more to make poi with, but since you're all saying that there out of stock... darn?

P*L*U*R

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
as for weight Dyke Boy they're pretty cool, guess bout 50% heavier than the hacky I originally had in my socks which makes for much nicer spinning and wrapping and looping and all da ting IMO

i hope they get the new ones incredibly soon!!! *cough*HINT*cough* ubbangel

Let's relight this forum ubblove

peaches**86943thats sooooo not where i parked my car...................
198 posts

Posted:
why dont you make some get some wool and take up knitting get a ballon and fill it with rice and put the rice/ballon ball in your little knitted wool hacky sack

we cant stop here its bat country!!!!!!!!!!!