Forums > Social Chat > a matter of contention...

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
Kapura MataaroHoP resident longboarder.
195 posts

Posted:
flynt and i, kapura mataaro have offically decreed that vinager on hot chips is urk and we were then told we were not right about it...EVIL thats what it is... ubbtickled and i think it is time that we BANI-SHED the evil poison affecting our damn hot chips... rolleyes ubbloco so if your interested i am proposing that all H.O.P. meeting be vinager free and that we set up a anti-vinager council to halt its spread...whaddya think? eek biggrin

"surely a longboarding fire spinner should have no trouble getting some action!"- NYC....

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
Quote:

so if something is in pulp fiction it makes sense? Sorry, but I don't get your logic on that one...

there's no logic cuz it was a j o k e rolleyes

Quote:

....then with squirts of the following around: Brown Sauce, Ketchup, Majonaise, English Mustard, or alternatively all of the above, mixed in together

And add vinegar and you have a salad dressing..so versitile!!

Let's relight this forum ubblove

Kapura MataaroHoP resident longboarder.
195 posts

Posted:
i'm so glad that this has reared a few heads and made people think a little bit, i am an aussie (yes, that makes me closer to home of poi mecca biggrin ah ha...) and like flynt said:
- ketchup? only americans... ubbloco
- mayonaise? that is kinda wierd on chips... umm(shudders)
- vinager? STILL EVIL!!! eek

chicken salt, just normal salt or tomato sauce, GO THE SAUCE!!! even season all...gawd...

ubbtickled beerchug lets all be friends in the fact that we love hot chips...even though the americans don't...and realise that we cant agree... ubbidea

"surely a longboarding fire spinner should have no trouble getting some action!"- NYC....

LyraSILVER Member
spiny norman
314 posts

Posted:
ick, squeeable butter is bad enough in itself, but make it green as well, and, well youve made penicilin, i accept no butter substitutes

if you think that our kiss was all in the lips, come on you got it all wrong man, and if you think that our dance was all in the hips then, oh well, do the twist -The White Stripes

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
Mayonnaise is a vile substance. I won't touch it. I've been known to spit things out for having mayo on them. I don't even like things with mayo-based ingredients, like cole slaw (I make an Asian cole slaw that's mayo-free).

Blech!

I love ketchup, mustard, pickles, banana peppers, Bar-B-Que sauce (my favorite...I can almost eat it by the spoonful), horseradish (including wasabe), and steak sauce (and I'm a vegetarian!).

But hold the mayo!

But I love guacamole...

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

musashiistarring Skippy the green llama
1,148 posts

Posted:
mmm, wasabe mayo ubblove ubblove

First intention, then enlightenment..
Ars Pyronomica

" Life is programmed. Whether death is programmed or not is yet to be determined."

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
See, to me Wasabe mayo is like Rum and Coke. Why ruin a perfectly good coke by pouring rum in it?

-Mike

oliSILVER Member
not with cactus
2,052 posts

Posted:
or...

why ruin perfectly good rum by pouring it into/coke into it?

peace

Me train running low on soul coal
They push+pull tactics are driving me loco
They shouldn't do that no no no

GottaLoveItSponge
883 posts

Posted:
Hehe this is a funny thread, people's convictions for and against different condoments! ubblol ubblol
I'll pretty much eat anything... depends on the day!
Someone I used to know used to make her chips swim in vinegar, she was 15 when she had to go to the Doctors and they told her to stop eating so much vinegar, apparently it was doing something to her insides ICK!

Monkeys monkeys and bananas

TrillianBRONZE Member
Llamas are larger than frogs.
319 posts

Posted:
Mmmmmmm... fries/chips/whatever you wanna call them. Ketchup is good, vinegar, mayo, or anything else is yucky. Purple ketchup is sooo gross!

"I know a good deal more than a boiled carrot."
"Fire!" "Where?" "Nowhere, I was just illustrating the misuse of free speech."

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
Ok, if you Limeys call potato strips deep fried in oil "chips," what do you call the crunchy things made of potatoes that come in a bag? To us, those are "chips" and the former are "fries."

Personally, I think nomenclature is a much more critical issue than toppings. After all, if you like vinegar on your fries, then fine...doesn't bother me. But if we're going to start calling things "chips" that are clearly not chips, then that starts to screw with international communication, trade, and stuff. It could even start a war if an important leader ordered one and got the other!

This needs to be straightened out immediately! eek

-Mike

TrillianBRONZE Member
Llamas are larger than frogs.
319 posts

Posted:
Quote:

Ok, if you Limeys call potato strips deep fried in oil "chips," what do you call the crunchy things made of potatoes that come in a bag? To us, those are "chips" and the former are "fries."

But aren't potato chips also strips of potato fried in oil?
*goes and huddles in a corner confused* eek

"I know a good deal more than a boiled carrot."
"Fire!" "Where?" "Nowhere, I was just illustrating the misuse of free speech."

Alliemember
30 posts

Posted:
Crisps - Thats what they are called!

Me I like vinegar and mayo and ketchup and mustard and brown sauce (In Scotland you get salt and sauce on your chips not salt and vinegar in a lot of places - I'm sure it is to confuse tourists!)

Also if you live in a hard water area and your kettle furs up you can boil vinegar in it to get rid of all the hard water deposits! (I wouldn't suggest putting that on your chips after tho! ubbloco

Allie

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
Crisps! Crisp is an adjective, not a noun!

Silly Brits. No wonder you lost that war against us in the late 1700's!

ubblol

-Mike

oliSILVER Member
not with cactus
2,052 posts

Posted:
we use it as a noun too, for fun smile

like dip, dip is verb (i think, this kinda thing is not my strong point), but we use it as a noun.

we sometimes dip crispy crisps into dip too

wave

Me train running low on soul coal
They push+pull tactics are driving me loco
They shouldn't do that no no no

Punkassemob***hmember
58 posts

Posted:
But then you Americans think you 'won' the Vietnam War.

You invaded them, and subsequently got your asses kicked by a load of rice farmers.

P.S Vinegar rules!
EDITED_BY: Punkassemob***h (1080504399)

You can always spot the moral victor.
They're the one bleeding on the ground.

EVIL DOES NOT WEAR A BONNET!- Mr Tinklestein

Mon the Biffy.

DeepSoulSheepGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,617 posts

Posted:
ubblol I can't wait to see where this is going.

The whole crisp - chip thing is one of the things I had to get used to when I got back to Ireland. That and calling tackies, runners and loads of others I can't think of right now rolleyes

Anyway I'm off to get a glass of vinegar.... ubblove

I live in a world of infinite possibilities.

vanizeSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,899 posts

Posted:
Quote:

But then you Americans think you 'won' the Vietnam War.

we do? why didn't anyone ever tell me? confused

-v-

Wiederstand ist Zwecklos!

spritieSILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
2,014 posts

Posted:
Be careful how you generalize us, Punkassemob***h. Most Americans do NOT think we won the vietnam war, especially those who are children of vietnam vets.

RosscoOfficial HoP hobbity potato monster!
434 posts

Posted:
OK back to thread boys and girls! hug
I dont know how many of you guys will have seen this or heard of it but in the uk Heinz were selling GREEN ketchup for a time which i think is wrong..... very very wrong in fact almost as wrong as war itself!
Say no to green ketchup! spank
The rest of the hot chips flavourings family are fine and beautiful! except for worcestershire sauce (dont get me started on that stuff). in fact i dont actually know anyone who puts that evilness on their hot chips so i must have a point somewhere! biggrin

O.B.E.S.E. Official Potato man.

Remeber kids.... Its all fun and games until someone loses a bol**ck! biggrin

pounceSILVER Member
All the neurotic makings of America's lesser known sweetheart
9,831 posts

Posted:
Quote:

Be careful how you generalize us, Punkassemob***h. Most Americans do NOT think we won the vietnam war, especially those who are children of vietnam vets.

ya i actually don't know anyone who thinks we won confused

I was always scared with my mother's obsession with the good scissors. It made me wonder if there were evil scissors lurking in the house somewhere.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

**giggles**

GoodSILVER Member
55 posts

Posted:
Ahh, condiments are my passion. You really *shouldn't* put mayo of fries, tho. And *shouldn't* deep-fry bacon patties, either, but "have it your way".... Living in NZ turned me on to Sweet Chili Sauce. It's the best on nearly everything! And hot sauce! Dem arnt wishy washy sauces, now! mmmm.

take the schneak-tip

.oO*Sprout*Oo.BRONZE Member
57 posts

Posted:
Just want to say REMOULADE POWER

Non-Https Image Link

ALL IS FULL OF LOVE

DentrassiGOLD Member
ZORT!
3,045 posts

Posted:
and that is......? confused

"Here kitty kitty...." - Schroedinger.

Punkassemob***hmember
58 posts

Posted:
Quote:

Quote:

ya i actually don't know anyone who thinks we won confused

Ok i apologise, it was but a jest. But 53% of americans think a Haggis is a real animal...don't they?
*trembles with the thought that his world view, so carefully created by the media, could be shattered into thousands of pieces of pointy sharpness* wink

You can always spot the moral victor.
They're the one bleeding on the ground.

EVIL DOES NOT WEAR A BONNET!- Mr Tinklestein

Mon the Biffy.

Page: