Mr_CoopsSILVER Member
42 posts

Posted:
ubbidea
Hi folks,
Am thinking of trying to organise a night in Lancaster, and was hoping if people could advise on going about it.
It's hopefully going to be an outdoor event, possible in a park or some such.
Any advice would be greatly received.
Also what's the best way of getting noticed - I tried to sort evenings last year by getting some posters put up around the place, I know there are fellow spinners in the area but obviously contacting them is an impossibility if they are not known.
Well that's about it really.
If any of you are around the Lancs area get in touch
herballoops@hotmail.com

Cheers

Herby

At the top of the spin..
..i found my smile biggrin

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
what sort of event is it that you're going to be organising? Is it just a friendly get together type of thing of a more formal structured type of event?

Any that I've been to have just been advertised here. You could try a local society like a Circus soc or Performance Arts soc or something like that to drum up interest. Where did you put up the posters? Do you have a uni nearby? High concentration of people and only a few posters in the right places needed.

If I was any where near you I'd come along! wave

ubbrollsmile

Let's relight this forum ubblove

Mr_CoopsSILVER Member
42 posts

Posted:
Was just going to be a social event, practice eve's basically.
Posting here is fine but if the peoplpe I'm targetting are not members here then
i will get little response, the thing is I know ther are spinners around but contacting them is a tricky one, ther is a uni - they have a juggling club which caters for all, tried contacting them but no response...

Bangs head against wall..
thud
thud
thud

thanks for reply
It seems to be turning into a bit of a mission..
need a plan of attack
hmmmmmmm

Herby

At the top of the spin..
..i found my smile biggrin

BozBRONZE Member
sober
109 posts

Posted:
hey, i know this is a little late... but when you put this up i was still a month away from taking up spinnning ubbloco
anywho... if you're still about and looking for spinners i'm around, also never had any luck contacting the uni jugglers.. i dont think societies check their e-mail much...
but if we can find a few ppl who'd be interested then it'd be cool to get em together.. you thought of postering on campus?
if anyones paying attetnion, get in touch? smile

*produces sandwich- is happy*

Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
if its just a social gathering thing i would sugest trying to get it astablished with hoppers fires then try to atract non hoppers to it the manchester meest started quite small now we get peopl from allover comming to spin with us

before i met those lot i thought they'd be a bunch of dreadlocked hippies that smoked, set things on fire ,and drank a lot of tea but then when i met them....oh wait (PyroWill)

crazy_andynewbie
21 posts

Posted:
hmm, i'm only a year and a quater late here, but i'm from lancaster (uk, hope i got the right one tongue) anyway, just started with staff at uni, and would definetly be intrested in a chance to spin with some others over the holidays, i'm home from tommorrow till the 5th of jan or so.

so in otherwords bump.

funnyangelmember
37 posts

Posted:
sorry if thais isnt much help. i have a firey friend at lancaster uni, he goes to the juggling club on campus. they meet on monday evenings. sorry, couldnt tell ya where. ah well, hope you find fellow jugglerts, i know how hard tis!

hamamelisBRONZE Member
nut.
756 posts

Posted:
Typical.. I've been trying to get poeple in Lancaster to go spin for ages.. I'm from round there- unfortunately I'm something along the lines of 12,000 miles away in Australia for a year or two, so I'm a bit far away right now..

Good luck though! Go harrass the Uni.

THE MEEK WILL INHERIT THE EARTH!

If that's okay with you?

crazy_andynewbie
21 posts

Posted:
hmm, forgot i posted here, so sorry for the delay.

lancaster uni term finishes today so thats out for now.

during term its ok, theres loads of people at uni to juggle and spin with smile i go to 3 sessions a week tongue but out of term i'm a lone clown frown

HOP Newsletter