DeepSoulSheepGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,617 posts

Posted:
I recently bought this book on coin magic. It totally rocks and I'm addicted to it now.

I was wondering if there were any people out there you've either read this book, or have experience in sleight of hand that I could chat to, or even if there was a web site like HOP someone could direct me to ....

Nice one smile
J

I live in a world of infinite possibilities.

KatBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,211 posts

Posted:
Hey James

A friend of mine Nick is a very nifty magician and good at coin and other sleight of hand tricks. He's away at the mo though so remind me in a couple of weeks and I'll forward you his email address.

Come faeries, take me out of this dull world, for I would ride with you upon the wind and dance upon the mountains like a flame.

- W B Yeats

DeepSoulSheepGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,617 posts

Posted:
cool ness Kitty, will remind myself to remind myself to remind you. biggrin

BigBilliemember
59 posts

Posted:
Dont know about any websited but talk to alexpchin (I would a link to his Home area but i dont know how!) as i know that he is pretty good at it! Just give him a quick PM. Not sure if he is on a lot tho...
BB
peace

Neither fire nor wind, birth nor death can erase our good deeds.

originalsmitSILVER Member
addict
469 posts
Location: nottingham, england. cornwall wales denmark or pra...

Posted:
hmmm. i work in a call centre and ive been thinking of some object manipulation to do at work.
im quite often with hands free just talking so i could do with something (staff. no poi.definitly not. juggling. maybe)
i toyed with the idea of contact juggling but i know the ball would escape when i dropped it and wnder off on its own adventures to some deepest darkest corner of the office.
but coin manipulation now thats an idea.
nips off to have a look at the book and posisbly buy it

my original signature was tooo long.
this one is shorter

DeepSoulSheepGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,617 posts

Posted:
Have you tried pen spinning? Pretty fun and good for meetings.

There's material for coin rolling on the web (which is hard but fun ) but little on magic. The books great.... biggrin

BigBilliemember
59 posts

Posted:
Pen spinning is cool. It's a lot easier to use a silicone handstick (for devil sticks) if you have one, but im sure that could be classed as cheating!
I cant do coin magic but i can roll the coin through my fingers both ways on each hand! Thats a pretty cool trick to learn!!
BB

Neither fire nor wind, birth nor death can erase our good deeds.

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
[quoteI was wondering if there were any people out there you've either read this book, or have experience in sleight of hand that I could chat to,
Nice one smile
J

Tada tongue wave wave wave umm

StoneGOLD Member
Stream Entrant
2,829 posts

Posted:
Great buy DSS. I love these old books, and Bobo's got to be the best around. I brought the book a while ago, but found it difficult to practice coin tricks as well keep spinning. There are a few sites on coin and pen tricks; will post address later. cool

Try Micro Juggling for coin, pen, and other manipulations.

EDITED_BY: Stone (1080005748)

If we as members of the human race practice meditation, we can transcend our fear, despair, and forgetfulness. Meditation is not an escape. It is the courage to look at reality with mindfulness and concentration. Thich Nhat Hanh

DeepSoulSheepGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,617 posts

Posted:
Cool. PMs on the way.

originalsmitSILVER Member
addict
469 posts
Location: nottingham, england. cornwall wales denmark or pra...

Posted:
excellent stuff
i do have a spare silicon devilstick but my pencil is proving my best freind at the moment.
nice very dexterous stuff. not what im doing of course im going:
drop.swear.pickupandspiiin.drop.swear.pickupand.drop.swear.
my boss hates me now
cheers guys youve helped my day at work along loads. i think everyone should do this all the time.
but what do i know?

my original signature was tooo long.
this one is shorter

DeepSoulSheepGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,617 posts

Posted:
Have you seen this one yet? pens spinning

I've figured out a really cool trick that's on this site if your interested. It's a pain the bum to explain so ask if you want to know how to do it...

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Pentrix really is the mutts nutts.

their new video player is brilliant... slo-mo, frame by frame, quick loading too!