Page:
Posted:
on saturday afternoon i saw an arty program on bbc 2 and it was imagery describing the planets (you know the classical music pieces) and they showed footage from burning man and lots of happy spinners

well it made me happy four five minutes anyway.................. didn't spot eva either frown

Gayle......!SILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
2,444 posts

Posted:
Quite amusing medieval women mace poi in a performance from Monty Pythons spamalot on the royal variety performace.

Gayle.....!

poigmarmite and nutella sandwich
1,590 posts

Posted:
Yep, just saw that, what a feeble attempt ubblol

THE hop Pyro.
(with parents)
Unowned

BrennPLATINUM Member
Will carpal your tunnel in a minute.
3,286 posts

Posted:
I did Poi on TV once...but then i lost my balance and fell off.

ॐ

Owner of burningoftheclavey smile
Owned by Lost83spy

Lost83spyBRONZE Member
Out! Out! You demons of stupidity!
587 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Brenn

I did Poi on TV once...but then i lost my balance and fell off.

ubblol

It may be your sole purpose in life to serve as a warning to others

Founder and Official leader of the Curby Clan

*Owner of Brenn*

Danny_GOLD Member
95 posts

Posted:
i was filmed, and broadcast live, a little while ago spinning fire poi on the roof of a music channel's studio in NZ... biggrin

psycotic_furbyBRONZE Member
Hehe, you said 'Member'
105 posts

Posted:
Hmm... some trash TV on Channel 4 (uk) right now about 'pyromaniacs'. They've basically called fire spinning, whips, breathing etc as 'acceptable' outlets for pyromania, showing a few groups in america, and now they're basically saying playing with fire is a form of masturbation/sex (?!)

Oh, and we're all showoffs... Well that goes without saying, surely?

Eww, Liza Minelli...

The communists gave my mother a job, teaching sculpture to limbless children.

Axismember
171 posts

Posted:
Here's one!

A couple of years back i was filmed doing poi for a tv ident, for Viasat i think. I was told it's Europe's 2nd biggest broadcaster with an audience of 250million across the continent.

Much to my dismay on the final footage my own body was painted out and dancers inserted into my trails of fire.

!

At least my flames are famous! Lol

True story.

LoewanBRONZE Member
and behold!
464 posts

Posted:
 Written by: psycotic_furby

Hmm... some trash TV on Channel 4 (uk) right now about 'pyromaniacs'. They've basically called fire spinning, whips, breathing etc as 'acceptable' outlets for pyromania, showing a few groups in america, and now they're basically saying playing with fire is a form of masturbation/sex (?!)

That is so true... Why do you think I need to change my trousers everytime I spin? Apart from the obvious reason of not wanting to get my nice clothes dirty. tongue
EDITED_BY: Lowan (1170807352)

Why let your body be a temple? When it can be a theme park?

Wii Console Number: 3294 0297 7824 7498

psycotic_furbyBRONZE Member
Hehe, you said 'Member'
105 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Lowan

That is so true... Why do you think I need to change my trousers everytime I spin? Apart from the obvious reason of not wanting to get my nice clothes dirty. tongue

Dude, so wrong...

Eww, Liza Minelli...

The communists gave my mother a job, teaching sculpture to limbless children.

pygmybabeGOLD Member
13 posts

Posted:
Did anyone tape pyromania on channel 4, I would be grateful if someone could send me a copy.

Gayle......!SILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
2,444 posts

Posted:
The new curry's christmas ad is advertising tvs with people spinning blue glow poi on them...

Gayle.....!

faith enfireBRONZE Member
wandering thru the woods of WI
3,556 posts

Posted:
The goth guy on amazing race does a little staff doubles

Faith
Nay, whatever comes one hour was sunlit and the most high gods may not make boast of any better thing than to have watched that hour as it passed

jo_rhymesSILVER Member
Momma Bear
4,525 posts

Posted:
ubblol Gayle, I saw the curry's advert with the dude spinning glow poi!
I was stunned! What has poi got to do with Currys?!! he was doing the fountain, perhaps it shows how good the colour is on their tellies?!!

Hoppers are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.

Live_in_a_spinBRONZE Member
Dude where's my Poi?
383 posts

Posted:
PC World now have an advert with a bit of glow staff and juggling. It looks a lot like the stuff in the Currys advert.

Live life in a spin!!!
but if you fall don't come crying to me!!!

KnoxiousGOLD Member
420 posts

Posted:
I know it's not poi, and not telly...but i'm in the current issue of Mac Format on page 33!

And honestly that was a totally random find flicking though the mag in Luton airport biggrin

The journo must have been at our show in Ripton Dec 2006...

DarkFyreBRONZE Member
HoP mage and keeper of the fireballs
1,965 posts

Posted:
I just saw an episode of Reba where the fat blond one is spinning her cheerleader batton and accidently sets one end on fire. She then flaps it about like an idiot before geting an idea so she then sets the other end on fire aswell and gives it a little spin (with that "I've just been bit by the fire bug" smile).

not the best example of spinning on TV but hey it's worth a smile

May my balls of fire set your balls on fire devil

ACTSILVER Member
enthusiast
318 posts

Posted:
Speaking of poi on TV.... Sci Fi's movie Tinman has a fire spinner in it. Its just brief and in the backround but I jumped up and down and was hotten and hollering about it.

Don't hate me because I am different, hate me because I still think I am better then you!

Fire_MooseSILVER Member
Elusive and Bearded
3,597 posts

Posted:
How is that show? i saw a bit of one episode and seemed like i might give it a try....then i didnt, but i still may.

O.B.E.S.E.

Owned by Mynci!

ACTSILVER Member
enthusiast
318 posts

Posted:
its okay..... dry and slow but overall the story is neat. The ending sucked! Its worth a watch though smile

Don't hate me because I am different, hate me because I still think I am better then you!

FelixwahSILVER Member
journeyman
81 posts

Posted:
im gonna be on shameless next tues doing some poi spinning unless u already watched it last night on E4 :P. Wasnt too much of me n they didnt include much of my techiness but i canny complain smile

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
I saw it biggrin

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

oliSILVER Member
not with cactus
2,052 posts

Posted:
i saw that too... i was like, hmmm thats proper poi and they can do more than a 3 beat weave biggrin unusual to see that on tv for sure! well done smile

Me train running low on soul coal
They push+pull tactics are driving me loco
They shouldn't do that no no no

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
Did no one else see it? I was at the gym and they have tv's built into the tred-mills and exersise bikes. They had fire poi on Dancing on Ice.

Chief adviser to the Pharaoh, in one very snazzy mutli-coloured coat

'Time goes by so slowly for those who wait...' - Whatever Happend To Baby Madonna?

Curly_SueSILVER Member
laughter is the way to get through life
179 posts

Posted:
They had a guy with two pod type things on fire at the take that gig last year. it was a bit weird but nothing special. I actually think I could do better.

I fell down a hill once, got up then fell down it again.

YakumoSILVER Member
veteran
1,237 posts

Posted:
Looks like there's a little bit of wire wool in this upcoming movie, no surprises after the flaming nunchaku in Mad Max, they love putting such things in post apocalyptic movies.

https://ve3d.ign.com/videos/play/22529/Super-NES/Doomsday-Warrior

about 10 seconds from the end, after the car, there's a brief flash, could be flaming rope dart, or just one poi, or the beginning of more.

Blinded by Hyperlights, please donate generously grin

the_mods_stole_my_nameSILVER Member
travelling without moving
1,286 posts

Posted:
did anybody see that 'the world's got talent' the other night? it was basically clips of the 'britains got talent' format from around the world.

There was a maori looking guy who spun staff, but he soaked the stage in lamp oil first, which, when lit, melted the stage and nearly burned the studio down. Is it any wonder fire performers get a bad name?

Heilige Scheiße, Batman kommt!

Reality is just a state of mind which occurs through a lack of lsd

XxX owned by devilsarmy XxX

O.B.E.S.E.

animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
People should watch The Slammer, on day time kids' TV. I wish I could give more of a time and date, but I'm lazy, and can't be bothered to search for it.

So far on there, I've seen Kris Kremo, Matt Hennem, I think the Gandinis have been on there, and Angie, the Hula Hoop girl from the Fat Boy slim video.

It's wicked seeing people you know on the screen smile

Empty your mind. Be formless, Shapeless, like Water.
Put Water into a cup, it becomes the cup, put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, put water into a teapot, it becomes the teapot.
Water can flow, or it can Crash.
Be Water My Friend.

BirdybopBRONZE Member
stranger
8 posts

Posted:
There was a taco bell commercial a few months back that had about a half seccond zoomed in realy close on a chick doind a reverse butterfly with fire poi xD

WHAT?!

jakeypoi23stranger
7 posts

Posted:
there was this show called the docters i saw and they had poi and other skill toys and they talked about the benefits of skill toys

Knock on the sky and listen to the sound. ~Zen Saying

JaredWSILVER Member
enthusiast
375 posts

Posted:
I didn't read the entire 7 pages so maybe somebody's already mentioned it, but there is a quick poi shot in Role Models too.

Page: