Page: 12345
licklefairygirl (aka smallgirl)

Total posts: 20
Posted:on saturday afternoon i saw an arty program on bbc 2 and it was imagery describing the planets (you know the classical music pieces) and they showed footage from burning man and lots of happy spinners

well it made me happy four five minutes anyway.................. didn't spot eva either frown

Delete Topic

SunnySammy
SunnySammy

Watching the Sky
Total posts: 453
Posted:Theres an advert about a rich girl programme or somthing on ITV thatll be on this week, and theres poi on there theres a bit of over-head butterfly but i rekon itll be alot more on the show. smile

sunny
I jumped into the river, what did i see?
Black-eyed angels swam with me. wink

Delete

gita
gita

.:*distracted by shiny things*:.
Total posts: 3776
Posted:ubblol

the other day (or week maybe...i forget!) on some travel show they had this women teaching surf dancing (yes - dancing on a surf board) & they had some of the people poi-ing on surf boards!! eek biggrin

do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good to eat!

if at first you do succeed, try not to look too astonished!

smile! grin it confuses people!

Delete

Mr_Chutney
Mr_Chutney

Tosser
Total posts: 1711
Posted:I saw one of madoonas earlier videos (off an album before ray of light) and there is a very muscular chappie spinning fire, intercut with madonna looking all moody at the camera and lots of people just standing about (ohh that dancing is it!?).

I did know the track, but I forgot it now smile

Good bump BTW

Delete

faith enfire
faith enfire

wandering thru the woods of WI
Total posts: 3556
Posted:This was really cool. I watched wifeswap the other night and there was a whole herd of people doing poi and there was a guy with a fire staff. There was a good length segment on it. I liked some of the poi too. They were tailed and they were made of a dark material, but the cloth had iridescent threads so it sparkled in the lights. I couldnt say if there was actual fire poi. I think there was, but if you get a chance to see the episode with Bella the Wiccaan priestess and the blonde woman watch the first half. This is not the one where the larger woman freaks out and just flips.

Faith
Nay, whatever comes one hour was sunlit and the most high gods may not make boast of any better thing than to have watched that hour as it passed

Delete

Lemonkey
Lemonkey

Stalking amidst the desert, carrying an oversized scalpel...
Total posts: 1019
Posted:On Scuzz I saw a video from some rubbish band where there was a load of girls spinning flags at the end. They were shockingly bad. I don't think they'd even picked poi up before that video-shoot.

Willy - is bad for your health...

Delete

Spanner
Spanner

remembers when it was all fields round here
Total posts: 2790
Posted:Written by: SunnySam

Theres an advert about a rich girl programme or somthing on ITV thatll be on this week, and theres poi on there theres a bit of over-head butterfly but i rekon itll be alot more on the show. smile

Is there?

wink

hug

"I thought you are man, but
you are nice woman.

yay,

:R"

Delete

dani_babyboo
dani_babyboo

addict
Total posts: 667
Posted:that tv show poor little rich girls was on tonight when i got in from work... girl was doing poi whilst busking and raising money to find her father or something i jus saw the poi

enticed, entrapped, entombed.
intoxicated, impaled, ingested.
bewitched, beaten, broken.
enter the love realm...
insert ur token

o jej, ale bym ci wylizal ten pepek

stepped up promotions

Delete

Asena
Asena

What a Bummer
Total posts: 3224
Posted:Ye! The show got me all tearful. The poor girls mum died when she was fifteen... and she's raising money to fly over to go find her dad in italy. But she was really happy to live with the rich girls family as she felt what it was like to have parents again... *sniff* She tried to teach the mum poi... She even did some staff... but like, who cares about that?!

Delete

Lost83spy
Lost83spy

Out! Out! You demons of stupidity!
Total posts: 587
Posted:I saw an advert for the new VW Jetta last night. There was a bit of fire spinning and staff in it. Pretty cool!

It may be your sole purpose in life to serve as a warning to others

Founder and Official leader of the Curby Clan

*Owner of Brenn*

Delete

Spanner
Spanner

remembers when it was all fields round here
Total posts: 2790
Posted:Written by: Asena

Ye! The show got me all tearful. The poor girls mum died when she was fifteen... and she's raising money to fly over to go find her dad in italy. But she was really happy to live with the rich girls family as she felt what it was like to have parents again... *sniff* She tried to teach the mum poi... She even did some staff... but like, who cares about that?!

As well as the poi footage, the rest was an enjoyable show to watch. It's great that she found her father only a fortnight later smile

"I thought you are man, but
you are nice woman.

yay,

:R"

Delete

TinklePants
TinklePants

Clique Infiltrator, Cunning Linguist and Master Debator
Total posts: 4217
Posted:Written by: Lemonkey

On Scuzz I saw a video from some rubbish band where there was a load of girls spinning flags at the end. They were shockingly bad. I don't think they'd even picked poi up before that video-shoot.

I saw that on kerrang - they were dressed as carnies right? yeah the spinning was bad, so was the song lol

Always use "so's your face" and "only on Tuesdays" in as many conversations possible

Delete

alien_oddity
alien_oddity

Carpal \'Tunnel
Total posts: 7193
Posted:i watched poor little rich girls too last, the hippy girl had some very cool mates but i did think is was out of order of some of them at the farewell party where asking " where's the rich girl?

Delete

GothFrogette
GothFrogette

grumpy poorly froggy
Total posts: 3999
Posted:does anyone know her? after watching what i did watch of it last night i just have to meet her

Life's too short to worry about where you put your marshmallows

Delete

Hanz
Hanz

veteran
Total posts: 1328
Posted:Was just watching Channel V and there was a show on called "The Princess Of Malibu" and these kids had a party at their house when their parents were away (it was a mansion mind you) and there were a few Poi spinners- fire and elctroglo... thought that was cool

Delete

JonnyRok
JonnyRok

Look! I'm Darth Bunny!
Total posts: 446
Posted:I saw an advert that had a woman soinning poi. She was spinning 2 circles, 1 forwards and 1 sideways to make a number 10, simple but effective

Do what you want coz a pirate is free,
You are a pirate!
Yo ho fiddle dee dee, being a pirate is alright to be,
Do what you want coz a pirate is free,
You are a pirate!

Delete

FoxInDocs
FoxInDocs

Pooh-Bah
Total posts: 1846
Posted:
Right at the start of the add for the new Adelaide airport there's a guy walking though one of the tunnels doing staff or possibly poi... some thing that has fire on it anyways...

"i am exotic, and must keep my arms down" - Rougie

"i don't understand what penises have to do with getting married" - Foxie

Delete

Igirisujin
Igirisujin

Carpal \'Tunnel
Total posts: 2666
Posted:Poor little rich girls was really good this week. Wasnt that red headed girl hot! You could so tell all the guys she met had a boner afterwards ubblol. Did she find her dad? I didnt see where it said that.

Wasnt impressed with the dam camera man zooming in too much on the poi spinning part, missed some moves.

Chief adviser to the Pharaoh, in one very snazzy mutli-coloured coat

'Time goes by so slowly for those who wait...' - Whatever Happend To Baby Madonna?

Delete

alien_oddity
alien_oddity

Carpal \'Tunnel
Total posts: 7193
Posted:Written by: Brit_Joe

all the guys she met had a boner afterwards ubblol.

ubblol she was hot ubblove i did find it funny at the end where they treat the rich girl to a squat party and their all sat round smoking herb ubbrollsmile

Delete

.:star:.
.:star:.

Pooh-Bah
Total posts: 1785
Posted: Written by: GothFrogette

does anyone know her? after watching what i did watch of it last night i just have to meet her

I didn't see it but I found out tonight, when talking to her friend in the pub that i know her! wish I'd seen it now! Does anyone know when/if its repeated?

Delete

GothFrogette
GothFrogette

grumpy poorly froggy
Posted:no i have looked but can not find anything other than the old tv listsings

Delete

Just_Another_Clown
Just_Another_Clown

old hand
Total posts: 965
Posted:There is Fire Staff and Fire fingers in Placebo's video 'twenty years'

Q:"How many Jugglers Does it take to change a light bulb?"
A:"One, but another 99 others saying,'I could do that if I only practised more'" biggrin biggrin

Gate Keeper to Shocked_Prawn. None may pass.

Delete

Sic Kitty
Sic Kitty

Total posts: 167
Posted:Ah!! I knew there was a thread about this somewhere!

I was watching TV (the USA channel) anyway they are having this contest about being a "character" because their slogan is Characters Welcome. And lo and behold what do I see?!

POI!!!

Yes, this woman was spinning poi, it made me so excited I just had to run and logon to post about it. lol

This is one girl's profile, I'm not sure if that's the one on the commercial or not. I looked up halfway into it and was watching the fire more than her. biggrin Sike I lie, this is her. You can go and watch the video of her and hear her interview (I guess it was an interview). I voted for her.

You've just been attacked by:
SIC KITTY!
*cackles maniacally*
I suffer...*sob*...because I am better.

I don't really believe that.... *coughs*

Delete

GothFrogette
GothFrogette

grumpy poorly froggy
Posted:ooooh i think she may be a HOPper... not 100% sure though. did you see the contact guy onthe site too? he's not too bad a bit too fast to see what he's actually doing. damn it when i did to be a techy grrrr.

anyway i saw some fantastic baloon modeling on the Fimbles yesterday reminded me of Bov at PLAY surrounded by kids for hours on end.

Delete

faith enfire
faith enfire

wandering thru the woods of WI
Total posts: 3556
Posted:So Im watching survivor and this girl comes back from a reward challenge and its said that she is a fire dancer but TV says a lot of thingsand she has short staffs and poi. I could not tell if the first poi I saw her with was the blue fuzzy poi or post-burnt. But there she is spinning around. And later she is showing some of them how to dance with staff. At the end, she takes turns with staff and poi lit up. Ahhh, to be able to do a horizontal buzzsaw like that would be nice. Maybe they will show more of her and the poi and staff. It sort of sucks cause of how she gets portrayed, hippy and not in the neutral sense. So which one of you is she

Faith
Nay, whatever comes one hour was sunlit and the most high gods may not make boast of any better thing than to have watched that hour as it passed

Delete

daphne
daphne

Total posts: 91
Posted:I saw sic kitty's link with the girl, but she's not doing much, i was hoping for more moves.

I'm from greece and there's a singer from here that has this song "Party" and on the clip there are poi-spinners, juggling and fire-breathing. smile I was really happy to see it.

&You'll never guessed where i saw fire-poi... In a telemarketing commercial for the sauna belt!! There was this girl dressed in a hawain outfit and was doing the 3 beat. It was so weird...

I'll tell you this...
No eternal reward will forgive us now for wasting the dawn. "Jim Morrison"
"...but I, being poor, have only my dreams
I've spread my dreams under your feet
tread softly because you tread on my dreams..." Yeats

Delete

pounce
pounce

All the neurotic makings of America's lesser known sweetheart
Total posts: 9831
Posted:my dad just showed me a survivor episode with that girl spinning poi. i don't know if it's the same one you saw faithinfire. i guess her team won some challenge and got a "luxury" item from home, so she got her poi. what i saw was actually pretty decent, she did some btb stuff and her skills were pretty good. i was just excited to see decent poi skills exposure on mainstream tv smile

I was always scared with my mother's obsession with the good scissors. It made me wonder if there were evil scissors lurking in the house somewhere.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

**giggles**

Delete

clarence_quack
clarence_quack

QuackerJack
Total posts: 1927
Posted:I saw about 10 seconds of a girl spinning poi with tails on bondi beach rescue last night...
Anyone know who it could have been?

Nutella Brigade Unite!

"Look! I have a rainbow penis!" - Rouge

Owned By Steaks

Delete

Mr Majestik
Mr Majestik

coming to a country near you
Total posts: 4693
Posted:the connect financial add had fire twirlers and a juggler on it over summer. anyone know who that was?

"but have you considered there is more to life than your eyelids?"

jointly owned by Fire_Spinning_Angel and Blu_Valley

Delete

mrFlibble
Ghostbuster
Total posts: 455
Posted:Never Mind the Buzzcocks on bbc2 last night had a clip from someone performing on Top of the Pops ages ago which featured a couple of people spinning poi.

Delete

Ifrit
Ifrit

The GF of HoP
Total posts: 492
Posted:that new chick flick 'Shes the man' has a small sighting of a guy on stilts twirling tails.

fire leads to creation

Delete

Page: 12345