Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > UNITED SOCIETY OF PEOPLE AGAINST BORDEM

Login/Join to Participate

Sp!nna of the Burymember
39 posts

Posted:
USOP is a newly founded troup of performers who are now looking to recruite YOU!!

We are a workshop of spinners, jugglers, artists, trixters, musicians, dancers, acrobats... etc etc, based in Kent (Folkstone/Canterbury) who aim to find other performers who wish to travel and gig with us as a troup.

Within the next year we hope to recieve some arts funding and sponsorship, and are currently compiling a portfolio of our work.

If you are interested in perfoming, or you would like to attend our free workshops to learn and play, get in contact with USOP on: 07708 089 286 and we will provide you with further details.

Thanks.
Untidy Society of Penguins Against Bordem

ubbrollsmile weavesmiley biggrin wink

Any sightings of Moo the Cow should be urgently repoted to mooline direct on 0800 008 808. He is on the loose in the HOP pages with bodger's mash potato and may be a direct threat to jugglers! Thanks.
Neighbour-shed Watch

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
Would love to but you're too far from me frown

Maybe I should set up my own troop...but I'd only have two members in my area and one of them would be me! umm

Let's relight this forum ubblove

Sp!nna of the Burymember
39 posts

Posted:
Well, if we ever need some random performers for gigs in yer area, il let ya know!! ubbloco

Any sightings of Moo the Cow should be urgently repoted to mooline direct on 0800 008 808. He is on the loose in the HOP pages with bodger's mash potato and may be a direct threat to jugglers! Thanks.
Neighbour-shed Watch

Weaselthe one and only, just like chesney
295 posts

Posted:
im interested.
but could you tell me more about what you guys plan to do.
im mainly based in london, but im quite happy to travel to random places and canterbury alot, as i like to wander about anyways.
smile smile smile smile smile

birds might be able to fly,
but weasels dont get caught in jet engine's

simian110% MONKEY EVERY TIME ALL THE TIME JUST CANT STOP THE MONKEY
3,149 posts

Posted:
Quote:

i like to wander about anyways.

he does too.
i see weasel all over the place and he is usually wandering
he is also usually smiling, which is how you can tell he likes it smile

"Switching between different kinds of chuu chuu sometimes gives this "urgh wtf?" effect because it's giving people the phi phenomenon."

Sp!nna of the Burymember
39 posts

Posted:
Well, the plan is to meet weekly for open workshops, then for those who wish to perform, to arrange set routines and displays etc, and learn to work as a team. There is possibility of the folkstone arts quater giving us an HQ work space, though we need more interest before we can apply. Meantime, there are beaches and an amputheatre here, and loads of fun places to spin.

We have already been offered a gig for a contact ball act at a restaurant for £150 per night plus huge slap up meal. We have a gig at a birthday bash next sat, will be attending carnival twist, and will be able to arrange more and more when the familly grows (we are only seven people atm).

Absolutely ANY art is welcome, we are not a circus, merely a troup of bordem bashing nutters!

Anyone in?

Neighbour-shed Watch

Sp!nna of the Burymember
39 posts

Posted:
PS - We have a many lovely squats but not enough squatters to run one, so anyone interested in joining full time would be welcome to squat. All multistory huge edwardian seaside houses. mmmmmmmmmm.....

All suppliers of dusty donkey-trodden white roads welcome! wink

Neighbour-shed Watch

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Pleeease put the location of your event in the title.

It's really annoying and sometimes time consuming to click on events hoping they will be in your region only to find that they are far away.

Thank you.

Thank you.

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

Sp!nna of the Burymember
39 posts

Posted:
frown Erm... Sorry! eek Me not know this jind of ting! Am just an ickle hippy with more skunk than brain... sorry!!
peace

Neighbour-shed Watch

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Quote:

Meantime, there are beaches and an amputheatre here, and loads of fun places to spin.

isnt an amputheatre where they cut your body parts off?

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
Quote:

Quote:

Meantime, there are beaches and an amputheatre here, and loads of fun places to spin.

no ucof that anphutation, an amputheatre is were the kill you with boring songs, and play i think!

Step (el-nombrie)

Weaselthe one and only, just like chesney
295 posts

Posted:
might wander up to kent soon and say high then. smile

birds might be able to fly,
but weasels dont get caught in jet engine's

Kitveteran
1,269 posts

Posted:
hehe can you all just not move to scotland? its prettier up here!

we have green stuff and hilly things great for spinning on

random murbles

BELTANE FIRE FESTIVAL. 30th april ~ Calton hill - Edinburgh
SAMHUINN FESTIVAL. 31st October ~ Royal Mile - Edinburgh

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

no ucof that anphutation, an amputheatre is were the kill you with boring songs, and play i think!

nah...thats an AMPHETHEATRE

i reckon so anyway...

umm