Forums > Social Chat > Global Fire gathering...

Login/Join to Participate

Zikiomember
4 posts

Posted:
Was just wondering, wouldn't it be cool if all the HOPper's in here save some money from today onwards and travel to a suggested country/island and have a global fire gathering in like maybe 2yrs time?

Just a silly idea of mine...*ponders*

Would be a good reason to get out of singapore for me...

RadzynSILVER Member
HoP Star Wars Aficionado
183 posts

Posted:
Hmmm... if enough HoPers saved up enough money, we could buy the island... and begin our bid for global conqu... errr... join the UN! Yes, that's it... *shiftyeyes*

~Love is a snowmobile racing across the tundra and then suddenly it flips over, pinning you underneath. At night, the ice weasels come.

vanizeSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,899 posts

Posted:
which reminds me, whatever happened to that HoP gathering in New Zealand idea?

-v-

Wiederstand ist Zwecklos!

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Or you could just go to burningman. smile Or any of the other festivals which revolve around or welcome fire. {Like the regional burns in the US or juggling conventions in Europe}

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
...and I'm sure there has got to be SOMETHING equivilant in Asia. I just don't know what it is. biggrin

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

PukSILVER Member
Sweet talented nutter
2,615 posts

Posted:
EJC lets all meet up there . It makes sense dosn't it ? after a lot of hoppers are there and i know that i'd love to go there .

that shrewd and knavish sprite

Called Robin Good Fellow ; are you not he that is frighten of the maidens of the villagery - fairy

I am the merry wander of the night -puk

DentrassiGOLD Member
ZORT!
3,045 posts

Posted:
so not to disadvantage anyone who have to travel around the world, while someone else would only have to walk down the street, lets all pay the same price and travel the same distance to the meet.... there only one place that would be fair then - the centre of the earth.

fair?

"Here kitty kitty...." - Schroedinger.

PukSILVER Member
Sweet talented nutter
2,615 posts

Posted:
Starts shoveling right now tongue

that shrewd and knavish sprite

Called Robin Good Fellow ; are you not he that is frighten of the maidens of the villagery - fairy

I am the merry wander of the night -puk

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
The new Zealand gathering fell through due to insurance reasons... So many opportunitys to hurt ourselves and the liability insurance on the orginisers would be huge...
But if it was to happen.... try and keep arsn and I away... JUST TRY DAMMIT!@!@
*looks around menacingly* ubblol

TAJ "boat mummy." VALURA "yes sweetie you went on a boat, was daddy there with you?" TAJ "no, but monkey on boat" VALURA "well then sweetie, Daddy WAS there with you"

RadzynSILVER Member
HoP Star Wars Aficionado
183 posts

Posted:
Hmmm... there's gotta be a good spot.

~Love is a snowmobile racing across the tundra and then suddenly it flips over, pinning you underneath. At night, the ice weasels come.

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
well you cant really have a home of poi gathering other than in the HOME OF POI.... New Zealand! we will need malcolm and cherry to come!

TAJ "boat mummy." VALURA "yes sweetie you went on a boat, was daddy there with you?" TAJ "no, but monkey on boat" VALURA "well then sweetie, Daddy WAS there with you"

vanizeSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,899 posts

Posted:
so then you are basically saying we can't have a home of poi gathering at all - since we must do it NZ since that is its home, but we can't do it in NZ because of insurance problems...

-v-

Wiederstand ist Zwecklos!

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Quote:

The new Zealand gathering fell through due to insurance reasons... So many opportunitys to hurt ourselves and the liability insurance on the orginisers would be huge...

Actually, this is not true at all. It kept falling apart because there were not enough people who showed a consistant interest in helping to plan it and get it going. It is really hard to plan something that would be awesome when there is a shoe string budget and people saying, "Well, because it is so far away I have to focus on....."
A suitable place was even hard to agree on. Then, every time we took a poll about whether or not there was interest, the constant answer was, "Yeah, but I don't think I could go anyway." That is not exactly a response that would cause a busy group of people to invest time and money into this happening.

Insurance was actually solved and handled by open statements of non-liability.

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

palinormember
2 posts

Posted:
you all have to come to Burning Man, why don't all the HOP'ers international all save there money an dcome to Burning Man this year and then next year we can buy and island. kiss

not all those who wander are lost . . .