Forums > Help! > whats the difference ( shop)

Login/Join to Participate

joulzenlightened
187 posts

Posted:
hey i'd like to know : 1)waht the diff between the pair of beginner poi in the shop and the pair of awesome Buzz poi

2) can the chain be removed from the poi? ( if so can it be replaced with fire poi heads )

3) if so?; is it safe?

4)for fire poi, what is better: ball chain or the one that looks like a cable, whats the diff?

The point of this is: i'de basicly like to get a set of poi, but later on swtich to fire, and i wouldnt want to have to buy another set of chains + i'm looking for sometthing as light as possible ( comparable to a set of glowstix on strings)

if anyone could help i would be very greatful once again to the wonderful community we have ubblove

ohh: one last thing: i am experienced with glowstringing and quite good but is there a big diff between glow and poi? ( cus it says sometimes: for experience users only and i was wondering if i should take that into consideration.)

EDITED_BY: joulz (1079810041)

it must be green

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
yo,

diffrence between glow and poi? poi are a lot hevier, cant be whinged out of plane so easily because of the momentum.

Diffrence between ballchain and cable? Cable is horrid! specially for wraps, dont do it!

as for the buzz poi, i have no-idea!

T wave

This is a post by tom, all spelling is deleberate
-><- Kallisti

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
There's quite a few topic on the pros and cons of ball chain, chain and cable. So best to do a search.

The handle & chain for fire poi have a link so can be removed from the poi heads easily enough.

Beginner poi/buzz poi - not much difference really, apart form look and buzz poi have bean bag heads, not tennis balls, and I think bean bags make better weights.

joulzenlightened
187 posts

Posted:
u say that the heads from fire poi can be unhooked but hwo bout the heads from the buzz poi?

it must be green

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
See as the buzz poi string is, well, string you wouldn't want to use it for fire poi heads!

I don't think you can take the string off the heads easily. However email the shop and they'll tell you for sure (I don't own any to have a look at).

If they don't have an easy clasp I'm sure you could easily add one if you wanted to be able to switch between poi heads and glowsticks.

joulzenlightened
187 posts

Posted:
ubbtickled thnx for beeing the only one to reply
quite useful

it must be green