Forums > Beginner Poi Moves > Split time butterfly waist wrap?

Login/Join to Participate

MikeIconGOLD Member
Pooh-Bah
2,109 posts

Posted:
Cant figure this one out. Regular butterfly waist wrap is no problem but having no luck getting it split time. Any advice?

Let's turn those old bridges we crossed into ashes.
We'll blaze a new trail,
and torch the rough patches.

-Me

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
lots of split time ttn practice?

never really had any trouble with this one, but it might be worth remebering that ttn transitions in split time take place at the bottom and top of the circle, rather than the sides in normal butterfly.

T wave

This is a post by tom, all spelling is deleberate
-><- Kallisti

MikeIconGOLD Member
Pooh-Bah
2,109 posts

Posted:
But with alternating split time butterfly moves such as the ST low wave, there are 3 beats instead of just two. Im not really sure how this fits into the waist wrap which is what screws me up. Normally, the hand in front of you does two beats while the one behind does one. Does this mean that at one point, your wrapped arm will also do 2 beats in front?

We'll blaze a new trail,

-Me

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
I only tend to do one circle with the behind hand, but then i might not be doing what others wouls call a full splittime ww.

T wave

-><- Kallisti

spiralxveteran
1,376 posts

Posted:
Eh? In the split-time butterfly low wave there are still only two beats - one in front, one behind. I guess you could add a third, but then you could add a fourth as well. Seeing as each arm stays on its side, it doesn't really matter.

And split-time butterfly waist wraps when I do them don't do any more beats than same-time ones.

"Moo," said the happy cow.

MikeIconGOLD Member
Pooh-Bah
2,109 posts

Posted:
No, if you take note of how many beats each hand does in split time low wave, you come up with 3. There are only 2 beats in the butterfly itself but each hand is doing 3 beats to accomplish that.

We'll blaze a new trail,

-Me

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
confused confused confused

errm, i dont get it, split time low wave, exactly the same as butterfly low wave but offset 90 degrees. each hand does a cirlce infront and a circle behind, the transitions still happen at the same point (top or bottom) but they just hapen consecutavly, as opposed to concurently in butterfly. confused

you get a four count, but thats because of the offest, in butterfly its 1 (..) 2 (..) and in splittime its 1 (2) 3 (4), if you get what i mean, the count is twice as fast. maybe your definition of a beat is diffrent.

T wave

-><- Kallisti