Page:
Chironback after 5 years...
35 posts

Posted:
Hi all,

Ive just posted some pics of the inner bits of my Luxeon LED poi. They are just prototypes so are not too neat. Version 2 is now being built!
Let me know what you all think!! wave

ubbidea....they are in the gallery btw

Wizard of LED poi !

*HyperLightBRONZE Member
old hand
1,174 posts

Posted:
Written by: mo-seph

Also I found that some acetate sheet rolled up inside the fabric helped to push it apart and gave better diffusion.

Nice idea - I'll have to try that!

Cake or Death?

marcoenthusiast
328 posts

Posted:
Just sent my order into maplins for two pairs of ultra-powerful V series luxeons high power leds as well as some batwing luxeons, will post some pics shortly.

mark
EDITED_BY: marco (1106162562)

mtbeerGOLD Member
ARRRR!
529 posts

Posted:
I just finished building my first bomb proof luxeon poi set and am absolutely amazed how bright these things are.
Non-Https Image Link
They show up extremely well in everything but direct sunlight. I can't wait to get some pics of these things spinning.

"My skin is singed but it heals my heart and with glowing pride I'll wear my scars." -Davey Havok

*HyperLightBRONZE Member
old hand
1,174 posts

Posted:
Sounds cool - what do you use to power them?

Where's the pics guys?! smile

Cake or Death?

mtbeerGOLD Member
ARRRR!
529 posts

Posted:
I just added a pic of them to the gallery. I used 9 volt batteries, with 3 watt resistors. It's over engineered, sealed and packed in tight so they should be able to take a serious beating. I ran them for a while before dropping them into the polycarbonate and didn't notice much of a heat buildup. I guess my heatsink was overkill.
The weight and drag is about the same as my hybrid fire heads so they spin really well.

"My skin is singed but it heals my heart and with glowing pride I'll wear my scars." -Davey Havok

Page: