Analemmaenthusiast
384 posts

Posted:
Nothing new, but a nice way of spinning and a good way to practice isolations biggrin
The basic of extensions is to spin a larger circle. This is normally what happens when somebody is trying to isolate for the first time tongue
Play with different radius and different centers e.g. do a big circle with your arm stretched out and you have the biggest extension possible. Center in this case would be your shoulder. easy.
But when doing a figure 8 it is becomming a little bit harder. Dont forget to spin with the same radius around the same center on the left and on the right side.
It gets difficult when doing weaves. The hand movement is EXACTLY the same as when doing an isolated weave and I havent seen many CLEAN isolated weaves (Remember to keep the radius constant, especially during the second beat on the crossed over side) More difficult than it sounds !

So when you turn an extended weave you have the same hand movement as when turning an isolated weave. Only that the Poi spin "outside". Playing between isolations and extensions with the hands descirbing always the same circles is fun and looks wicked !

happy spinning - der Weg ist das Ziel !

andy

To learn - read. To know - write. To master - teach . . .

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
biggrin wave

p.s. try extending your butterfly weaves too.....

This is a post by tom, all spelling is deleberate
-><- Kallisti

Analemmaenthusiast
384 posts

Posted:
. . . in Split time spank

MikeIconGOLD Member
Pooh-Bah
2,109 posts

Posted:
In flower formation... weavesmiley

Let's turn those old bridges we crossed into ashes.
We'll blaze a new trail,
and torch the rough patches.

-Me

Analemmaenthusiast
384 posts

Posted:
. . . is really dirty. A little bit too much gigglewiggle if you know what i mean peace Same for isolated flowers ubbloco

RovoGOLD Member
(the person actually known as Chris Bailey)
544 posts

Posted:
I just started practicing these and they really look great. My favorite extension is to spin a normal five beat weave in the wall plane on your right side and when you swing back in front of you to begin to turn into a reverse five beat extend your arms to creat a big circle. Then continue on into a reverse 5 beat on your left side i hope that made some kind of sense.

Anyway that move got the best reaction out of a bunch fo pople at my friends college.

Peace, Love, Circles

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
anyone else find that the split time flowers fall easier into 10/4 2/7 positions as opposed to the 12/6 3/9 positions?

T wave

This is a post by tom, all spelling is deleberate
-><- Kallisti

Analemmaenthusiast
384 posts

Posted:
@ Rovo: What you are reffering to are partial extensions. They give this spiralling effect. (((For isolation lovers: You can do the same thing with isolations but it is quite difficult. This would be a perfect example for [Old link] It is a change from a Poi-Head lead isolation to a Hand lead isolation and looks spank)))
But the challange with extensions is to keep the radius all the time constant.

@Nx: Ill try later. I always have a problem with my neighbours above when practicing those moves indoors beerchug (Did you try the isolation variation described above already ?? Please reply this question in the other thread with no refference to alice wink )