Forums > Social Chat > ANOTHER black mark for burleigh!

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
We will not set foot at a burleigh beats fire twirl ever again. mad mad

Tonight we witnessed three different twirlers spin their staffs into the crowd and one child got burnt. eek eek frown

I ran over with the silverzine cream only to cop a tounge lashing from the guys father who was screaming about a law suit, due to the god awful safety at burleigh "blah blah blah"

Yeah granted he is pissed off about his son getting a staff spun into him. I, as a reasonable parent would be also.

But to go OFF YOUR ROCKER at someone who had NOTHING TO DO with the incident, and is trying to administer first aid to the poor kid is a bit on the nose. The guy who hit the kid, bloody slunk off into the shadows and left!!!! I will refuse to do anymore at this place it is just a waste of time. Noone listens mad mad mad

I have screamed till Im blue in the face about safety at burleigh heads, but everyone calls me and arsn safety nazi's, so there is nothing more that we can do.

I was toying with the idea that I take a huge amount of rope to the park early in the day and section off a huge circle for the spinning and put up a notice saying "no more than 6 twirlers in the circle at any time, failure to comply will result in you being asked to leave. No fire breathing will be tolerated"

But who am I to do that? They would rebel against that really hardcore. People who twirl there are not only just learning ( the quality of twirlers aint that good minus a few) but also DRUNK public who have no bloody idea what they are doing!!! Lighting up in the middle of crowd and walking through the crowd to get to the circle... dripping fuel everywhere... dipping LIT staffs into buckets of kero... fire breathing with kero... Arsn stopped a kid from droping a match into a bottle of kero to 'SEE WHAT IT DID" " cause petrol and kero are different dontcha know?!?!?"

What we really need is buckets of water to be placed at four points of the circle and also fire blankets and at least two fire extinguishers at ALL times...

Im so pissed off. mad

The unfortunate thing is that I was just waiting for an accident. Hopefully people who twirl there will listen and finally wake up to themselves.

Now It has happened, and I feel terrible about it. mad

TAJ "boat mummy." VALURA "yes sweetie you went on a boat, was daddy there with you?" TAJ "no, but monkey on boat" VALURA "well then sweetie, Daddy WAS there with you"

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
Written by:

valura i know i have been fighting with you on this issue for a while but i think i am now going to have to bow down and except defeat.

we have been fighting about this? eek eek

news to me. LOL eek

TAJ "boat mummy." VALURA "yes sweetie you went on a boat, was daddy there with you?" TAJ "no, but monkey on boat" VALURA "well then sweetie, Daddy WAS there with you"

Page: