Forums > Help! > anyone from round and about yorkshire?

Login/Join to Participate

alienBRONZE Member
8 posts

Posted:
im new to poi, and have read and been told that its easier if you have people to practise with, i was wondering if anyone is from yorkshire, i live in west yorkshire myself, but i dont mind traveling, if anyone fancies hooking up and having a spin?!
i'd be most greatful, either reply or drop me an email, i think my address is somewhere about smile
cheers smile

ASTRO FAERIEBRONZE Member
ummmmmmm.............
724 posts

Posted:
Im from South Yorkshire, the Rotherham Poiinthepark starts again soon, the next one is Sat 27th March, if you look in events on here or the PiP site you'll find the relevant info, if u wanna meet us and have a spin.

Only when the last tree has died
and the last river has been poisoned
and the last fish has been caught
will we realise that we
cannot eat money.

Cree Indian, 1909

mrFlibbleSILVER Member
Ghostbuster
455 posts

Posted:
i'm from York biggrin

alienBRONZE Member
8 posts

Posted:
mrflibble, would ya be interested in meeting up sometime? once i've got a little better?

i know theres trains that run from bradford to york pretty frequently smile
EDITED_BY: alien (1079197741)

_Aime_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
My uncle lives in Yorkshire.....
in fact it seems that I have lots of aunts and uncles that live where other HOPers are.
but answering your question - no. i don't know anyone....unless I can get my uncle to spin weavesmiley

BoomShankarGOLD Member
95 posts

Posted:
i live about 15 mins away from Leeds, but on the other side to Bradford .. yeah there doesnt seem to be that many spinners near Leeds frown- tend to find some people at nights out like Cabbage in Leeds and other techno/psy-trancee type partees. seems to be sht loadsa people spinning whenever I go out sheffield way but that int that often. rolleyes if its not too far out come to Gecko at the west indian centre next month if your wanting to hook up with other spinners, there always seems to be a lot of juggling type people turn up to it, and i wont miss it. wave
Alex:

progger

alienBRONZE Member
8 posts

Posted:
hey that'd be cool, if ya can let me now dates and stuff, i'd be up for it, only thing that;d stop me is if im working, its shift work so theres no real regualr patern :S

BoomShankarGOLD Member
95 posts

Posted:
coolcool not quite sure on the date im gonna have to find that out - ill post as soon as i know tongue

progger

FrodoBRONZE Member
old hand
1,092 posts

Posted:
im going to helifeild for a week.!! thats in yorkshire!

near anyone? wanna spin?

passing through, this world still lives.

TheSilverShadowBRONZE Member
Uncle Chop Chop
213 posts

Posted:
I'm from rotherham in south yorkshire, rotherham poi in the park is soon if ya wanna have a weavesmiley

"Do you know what the Phantom is??"
--------------

mrFlibbleSILVER Member
Ghostbuster
455 posts

Posted:
i think everyone should go to york so i dont have far to go biggrin
im soooo lazy rolleyes biggrin

mrFlibbleSILVER Member
Ghostbuster
455 posts

Posted:
Quote:

i live about 15 mins away from Leeds, but on the other side to Bradford

does that mean you're on the same side as york then? or one of the other 2 sides ? smile

BoomShankarGOLD Member
95 posts

Posted:
i would say york is in the opp direction to leeds from where im sitting.. so i suppose you could call this the york side smile anyone know where Pontefract is? wave

progger

mrFlibbleSILVER Member
Ghostbuster
455 posts

Posted:
Pontecarlo ? hahahaah. no offense.

alienBRONZE Member
8 posts

Posted:
yeah i kinda know where pontefract is a mate i work with lives there, dont have much of an idea how to get there but am sure i can work it out,
as for getting to york, theres (stop me if i already mentioned this) trains running pretty regualr between here and york not sure if it goes via or comes from leeds :S

mrFlibbleSILVER Member
Ghostbuster
455 posts

Posted:
i'd be surprised if the trains from bradford to york don't run via leeds.

BoomShankarGOLD Member
95 posts

Posted:
Quote:

Pontecarlo ? hahahaah. no offense

thatd be the one - right next to cas vegas ubblol

progger

mrFlibbleSILVER Member
Ghostbuster
455 posts

Posted:
biggrin biggrin

have u ever been to that Xscape place? i've been once and thought it was pretty good.

BoomShankarGOLD Member
95 posts

Posted:
yea just started working there eek mainly cause I live 5 mins walk away- yeah it is alright theyre building an ice wall at the moment it looks well good. snowboardings well expensive tho so i havent been on the slopes yet but ill prob get a decent discount now so thatll be cool.. im sure ill be very sick of the place soon tho umm

progger

mrFlibbleSILVER Member
Ghostbuster
455 posts

Posted:
cool. would be good if u got discounted time on the slope biggrin

BoomShankarGOLD Member
95 posts

Posted:
I reckon I will - I get free climbing and cinema I know that much.. can even take 4 guests with me ubbrollsmile
so do you know many spinners in York? I know a couple of guys that go to uni there that are into fire poi type stuff. Youd think york'd be full of it, like loads of events going off all the time cause all I can remember from going to york as a child was all the juggling and fire breathing. but I never really hear of anything happening there so much - maybe thats just cause i dont know the right people. let me know if theres gonna be anything going off there anyway, cause id defo be up for coming down since i live so close(ish). weavesmiley

alien: apparently Ive been misinformed about Gecko which is a bit of a p!sser but Ill post if theres anything like it happening soon that few few of us are going to tongue

progger

mrFlibbleSILVER Member
Ghostbuster
455 posts

Posted:
I know that a few of my sisters friends in town are spinners, but i don't really have any contact with them at all.
I am not aware of any juggly/firey things going on in town at all.

BoomShankarGOLD Member
95 posts

Posted:
thats a bit poor. maybe itll change this summer. biggrin

progger

FireGirl_and_Pixieboymember
29 posts

Posted:
Ma self and the lady are from Leeds. I have quite a kru when it comes to this stuff so mail me if ure about.

...wot?