Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > UK Falmouth - 18th/19th/20th June..Pre Glasto meet

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ......
DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
ok, so this in in it's infancy but does anyone want to meet up in Falmouth sometime? When it's a bit warmer but before all the young students toddle off back home for the summer so I suggest sometime round end of May/early June time.

I guess so far we have the "to be confirmed" attendance from..

Yours truly Sir Custom of the Bug

Warchild

laZy

Punkassemobitch

T&B

Polythene

Bird

Dubballstar do you fancy it? Get some water on your board.

Beth (in disguise)

Frodo you in?

Spanner?

We can pick Tao Star up on the way too....

Non-Https Image Link
This should be way cool

Let's relight this forum ubblove

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
erm, well i dont get to cornwall till sat savo traveling sat morning!

so sure you guys are more than welcome to play on fri night but im deffo planning on sat and sunday night

have we through about bar b ques? and maybe getting to teh beach while its light or what? are we going to try to get some tiki tourched going, as i am thinking they would be best to light from, but how do we keep them alight on a beach???

what else, or is anyone taking a vic cam or a still cam, im prob going to be taking mine, but with snad its not a good idea i dont think! (eos 300D @ £900 and sand dont mix!)

but there whould be some nice cliff shots if we wanted so we can have fire and a back drop of amazingness if we want form the bluffs!

anyways

laterdays

Step (el-nombrie)

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
Me and George should be getting there Friday at about 5pm ans staying till Tuesday morning so yes there will be playing on Friday night. On the beach, with our disposable b-b-q's and parafin torches etc. If anyone wants to buy any more torches they have some nice bamboo ones in B&Q, I know cuz I'm old and go into places like B&Q and homebase and actually enjoy myself....I got a drill for my birthday and it made me smile, almost as much as the marbles I got off my neice!
I HAVE MARBLES!!! I lost the last lot when I was about 15 so it's good to have them back again, they even have a new bag which is actually perfect for putting glowy balls in biggrin ubbrollsmile

oliSILVER Member
not with cactus
2,052 posts

Posted:
hmm... i have to decide weather saturday or friday now... hmmm..

o yea. i have some marbles tooo... they are very pwettty ubblove

Me train running low on soul coal
They push+pull tactics are driving me loco
They shouldn't do that no no no

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
well to be totaly honest with you cb, i am still lookin for your pressie, it wount be much, but i hop eto mak eyou smile with it (and no its not me in a box!)

im going to be taking a couple of tourches i hope, and maybe pick up a couple of barbques, and maybe some food if i can find an open super market when i get down :S

laterdays

so can we sort out times now? hug

Step (el-nombrie)

elastaaddict
645 posts

Posted:
I'm planning on coming on the Sat too, with T&B and whoever else wants to come from Bristol... I think King of Bongo is up for it, and Garthy said he might drive us.... so plan looking good! cool

As for marbles, I just bought my housemate some for her birthday, to go with the amazing multi-piece fridge-magnet marble run my other housemates got her! It's the best! biggrin

there's nothing quite as fulfilling as a tasty airwrap

if you're full of sh!t, at least you're fertile

"we are all flowers growing in God's garden... and that is why he spreads the sh!t around" - David Byrne

BirdGOLD Member
now available in "advanced"
6,086 posts

Posted:
Being as I'm only up the road from Falmouth, I'll be there Friday night, Saturday and quite possibly Sunday too!

biggrin

Looking forward to having another proper good play on the beach!

weavesmiley bounce bounce2 weavesmiley

My state of mind is not yours to define!

There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

BethMiss Whippy
1,262 posts

Posted:
Bumpity Bump!

Only a few weeks to go! ill be coming and i know some non-spinning peoples who might be coming as well and lots of you lot are coming, lots of people coming to foulmouth!! hehe

I do have exams on the monday so probably wont be there sunday but defo friday and saturday clap

peace

Aim high and you'll know your limits, aim low and you'll never know how high you could have climbed.

WarchildBRONZE Member
After 17 hrs i got the little beautie
340 posts

Posted:
Hey guys,

Gonna do my best to get down there for the friday. If not definatly the saturday. Hopefully bring a few people down so as it stands theres gonna be 1 massive party going on if everyone makes it. Should be an awsome wind up just in time for the glasto weekend.

Looking forward to it!! biggrin

A wise man once told me, A friend will bail you outta jail, A great friend will be sitting beside you saying that was f**king awesome.

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
only 23 days, 14 hours, 32 minutes, and 45 seconds left until we are partying so harcore on taht beach it wont be funny!

its going to turn into an all out beach party at this rate, well out classed by all the non spinners against all the real ones!

biggrin

oh joy, man im buzzing laready, im in, and so is my lil crew off ppl if not the sat for them, then im sure sunday, are we meeting on meanporth in eth savo so we can all see faces, and trade tricks and tech?

i would recomend going to trago mills in falmouth to pick up some cheep disposable bar-b-quies or somthing to cook teh food one, unless some one is going to bring their barbie to cook with?

also a cool box for beers would bo good, i only ask cos i have to travel from stoke, and it may be a lil harder for me to get it down than one of you guys

hug

we do need to sort out times guys or we are a lil stuffed!

hug

now only 23 days, 14 hours, 29 minutes, and 40 seconds left. biggrin

Step (el-nombrie)

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
Well we can either meet up at the beach or at the campsite I think either way we'll be pretty easy to spot weavesmiley devil

Plus we will no doubtedly be swapping our phone numbers before hand for double checks. Infact if everyone wants to get busy with the PM's to whoever else is going then that'd be good so we all can be sure it's done as soon as poss.

I think ideally we will all need to get to the campsite first to set-up tent etc. Then if no one is spotted spinning just head to the beach. No matter what time or day we'll most likely be at either of the two and we should be reasonably easy to spot! weavesmiley

I'll be there by 6pm-ish Friday, I'll set up campy and then go burn some paraffin on the beach. Maybe look for firewood etc so we can get it on all night long! cool

We should be alright without a cool box, we can make one from sea water and a bin or something and fill it with cans and bottles.

One thing that may be a problem tho is music....does anyone have access to a generator perhaps? (as a most preffered option but also most unlikely) or some decent little stereos? I got a little cd player ghetto blaster thingumy-wotsit but it can be a pain in the arse when it wants and sin't very reliable! Also, if anyone can get a little FM transmitter (i_pod anyone?) that would save loads on batteries as we can rig the radios all to be on the same channel for ultima-coolness biggrin cool FALMOUTH FIRE FM! biggrin

This is gonna be sooooooooooooooo good
hug
bounce bounce2 bounce bounce2 bounce bounce2 bounce bounce2 bounce bounce2 bounce bounce2 bounce bounce2 bounce

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
i ahve t wo options here, i have a mini sys that will rtake bateries, so im sure we could buy some nice cheep batts from trago milsl and use them all up, or i have a mini disc and tape player and we could get some small batt powere epkers and use them for tunes,

ill bre bringing down my tribal drum, so if someone wnats to bring an accustic gutar im sure we coudl thorw some music together?

ubbrollsmile

Step (el-nombrie)

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
I'll bring my guitar! biggrin

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
no bloody mad2 NIN acustics..OK!

Step (el-nombrie)

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
Tunes - well you cant beat live tunes - i have a set of bongos and my guitar which i will bring along - fancy a good old jam Bug? singings out of my league though biggrin

Things our end are going a bit last minute - what with pressures all around, damn im off to ireland 2morrow and im not ready for that yet!

Really looking forward to meeting you guys and to share some trix and gain some knowledge - along with buming on a beach with my toys and a beer - cant wait.....

beerchug

"...We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing......."

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
jam bug? Bug Jam! Yep yep yep....I ain't red hot on guitar, jus no a few chords but I'll bang my 'tar to your bongo bounce I might learn some Nine Inch Nails just for Step tho! tongue wink

The camping is organised. I've talked to them and we're booked down as Jugglers/Cirus performers. There's no noise to be made onsite after 11pm as it is a family place but as we'll probably be on the beach it makes little difference. And we can make as much noise as we like there! biggrin I've assured the owner that we'll all be well behaved ubbangel so please don't let me down folks! hug thankies

If it goes well we'll be back again sometime for the next exciting installment...make it an anual event perhaps?

Must remember to stock up on batteries for my glowie socks and lovely smelly parafin ubbidea

Can't wait to see you all...... ubblove ubbrollsmile weavesmiley juggle biggrin kiss devil hehe nana grouphug hug2 weavesmiley

oliSILVER Member
not with cactus
2,052 posts

Posted:
wooohoooo... im excited about this.

its gonna be cool. ill send you a pm at some point bug, for youre number and then give you a ring when we arrive and find out whats happening. i think the current plan is for me and various hangers on to arrive saturday morning at some point. we will probably bring a disposable bbq thingy.

BirdGOLD Member
6,086 posts

Posted:
I'm also going to try and persuade my dad to come down as our (un)official photographer, (those who were at Polzeath last year may remember the random guy with a camera who was very nearly on the receiving end of an airborne fire poi!)

Is anyone bringing / does anyone have a video camera??

bounce2 bounce bounce bounce2 bounce sunny

*jumps up and down in an even more excited fashion*

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
Coolio! biggrin

Official photographer is da bomb!

I haven't got a proper video camera but I'm intending to make my mate lend me her digi cam and it takes video clips and what not ubbrollsmile

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
i ahve a vid cam a a digital slr that i may be bringing...but i dont overly want to be wondering around with a vid cam, also i need to shoot some stuff for a vid of me!

Step (el-nombrie)

BirdGOLD Member
6,086 posts

Posted:
We have a provisional "yes" on the unofficial photographer for the Saturday night!

bounce bounce

oliSILVER Member
not with cactus
2,052 posts

Posted:
i might be able to bring a video cam...

WarchildBRONZE Member
340 posts

Posted:

I dont have any cameras to bring but i'll bring lotes of beer and vodka and plenty of green if thats any good? smile

A wise man once told me, A friend will bail you outta jail, A great friend will be sitting beside you saying that was f**king awesome.

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
ok I'll bring the yellow and maybe some red and blue too. Perhaps a little green wink

WarchildBRONZE Member
340 posts

Posted:
Perhaps a little green----Good man!!

So bug, who else do you know of is gonna be going down on the friday? Thats definatly when im gonna be going down. if i leave it till the sat i'll only end up getting hammerd friday night and not making it down.

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
no idea...I'll trawl my ass through the thread later and figure it out. I got a list of peeps that are coming but I never thought of putting it into date order.....I wish pounce was here to put the stats together for me!

BirdGOLD Member
6,086 posts

Posted:
If it helps.......

I'll be there Friday, Saturday and Sunday!

cool biggrin

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
ok lets do a list then, so quote the names list i create below and add yours if you are not on there...
============
Spinners
============
Mech (Sat & Sun)
Narr (Sat & Sun)
Hainsey (Sat & Sun)
Tara (Sat & Sun)
Custom Bug
oil
Bird
Spanner
Warchild
Ben-ja-men (special guest)
robyn (special guests lady)
strugz
============
thats all i can think of atm, so plas add you name to teh list by qouting my reply and then adding into the list so we can find out whos going, also plas add what days you will be there?

laterdays hug

Step (el-nombrie)

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
============

Spinners

============

Mech (Sat & Sun)

Narr (Sat & Sun)

Hainsey (Sat & Sun)

Tara (Sat & Sun)

Custom Bug + George B (Fri + Sat + Sun)

oli

Bird

Spanner

Warchild (Fri + Sat + Sun ?)

strugz

Elasta

Garthy

T&B

Frodo

Duballstar

Beth

Gottaloveit?

Kingofbongo?

CaptainHazard?

Trixy?

============

please add you name to the list by qouting this list and then adding to/modifying it so we can find out whos going and when hug

WarchildBRONZE Member
340 posts

Posted:

============
Spinners
============
Mech (Sat & Sun)
Narr (Sat & Sun)
Hainsey (Sat & Sun)
Tara (Sat & Sun)
oli
Bird
Spanner
Warchild (Fri + Sat + Sun + Maybe mon)
strugz
Elasta
Garthy
T&B
Frodo
Duballstar
Beth
Gottaloveit?
Kingofbongo?
CaptainHazard?
Trixy?

============
please add you name to the list by qouting this list and then adding to/modifying it so we can find out whos going and when hug

oliSILVER Member
not with cactus
2,052 posts

Posted:
============
Spinners
============
Mech (Sat & Sun)
Narr (Sat & Sun)
Hainsey (Sat & Sun)
Tara (Sat & Sun)
oli + (hopefully)friends (fri? + sat)
Bird
Spanner
Warchild (Fri + Sat + Sun + Maybe mon)
strugz
Elasta
Garthy
T&B
Frodo
Duballstar
Beth
Gottaloveit?
Kingofbongo?
CaptainHazard?
Trixy?

============
please add you name to the list by qouting this list and then adding to/modifying it so we can find out whos going and when

Page: ......