Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > UK Falmouth - 18th/19th/20th June..Pre Glasto meet

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ......
DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
ok, so this in in it's infancy but does anyone want to meet up in Falmouth sometime? When it's a bit warmer but before all the young students toddle off back home for the summer so I suggest sometime round end of May/early June time.

I guess so far we have the "to be confirmed" attendance from..

Yours truly Sir Custom of the Bug

Warchild

laZy

Punkassemobitch

T&B

Polythene

Bird

Dubballstar do you fancy it? Get some water on your board.

Beth (in disguise)

Frodo you in?

Spanner?

We can pick Tao Star up on the way too....

Non-Https Image Link
This should be way cool

Let's relight this forum ubblove

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
Step I'd be more than happy to help you with your vid....so long as you take some film of me! (and I mean spinning not in the buff! wink) I be working on cazy ass new moovs I wanna show off with....like one handed rolling round on the floor type business biggrin and butterfloops and the throws/catches I'm nailing now ubbrollsmile

Have you got a tripod for your camera?

WarchildBRONZE Member
After 17 hrs i got the little beautie
340 posts

Posted:
Damn Bug, More crazy ass moves!! $HIT!!!

I got 3 moves down.........ok so 16 days left.....learn a new move every 2 days....thats 11 silky moves in the bag....im gonna rock!! Hahahahahaa.....yeah right!!

ubbideaIm so gonna win that golden cup that mech banned us from talking about!! ubblol

Sorry mech for bringing that back up!! wink

A wise man once told me, A friend will bail you outta jail, A great friend will be sitting beside you saying that was f**king awesome.

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
yeah but who will win the poifing comp?! I won't be taking my board due to lack of space but maybe that'll be my secret way of winning! ubblol wink

The rolling round on the floor thing only popped into my head while spinning with Rosco Bosco at the weekend. Tried it when I got home and pulled off some stuff that didn't feel tooo bad, maybe with more work they could be cool, like fighting stances with stafff and stuff. ROAR!

That reminds me I still haven't bought spare batteries for my glowies.....

*runs to shop*

*realises it's closed*

*makes plans for weekend battery shopping*

ben-ja-menGOLD Member
just lost .... evil init
2,474 posts

Posted:
Written by:

Where abouts in Cornwall are you staying Ben?

um thats a good question ill have to check up on it ive just discovered that cornwall is this big chunk of england ....... here was i thinking id be able to walk round it rolleyes

mech ill help with ur vid and most likely have my camera there to i wanna get short snippets of everyone i meet and make a video at the end of my trip ....... hopefully itll be a bit of an epic biggrin

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourself, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous and talented? Who are you NOT to be?

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
ok hey guys

right down to time!

ben cd, yes i will have both my stills cam (digital slr) and my minidv cam + tripod, so we can get soem choice shot sequences, i have some really nice photo ideas, for spinners with their back to eth ocean, all u see is spinners and blueness! biggrin

Ben ur epic vid does indeed sound like a plan, and i will happy to help by either doing stupid stuff, or being in it or what ever!

as for teh banned convo, this is not a start up of it, but in teh worst spinners section, i will so take the prize, as i have not been working on my spinning, but on my new toys, of which i already have about half a dozen comissions, so they must be good biggrin

ben, there is no way you could walk everywere, but im down for both days, so ill be able prob to give you a lift down from robyns (if you are there) to falmouth for teh doof!

OK PARTY MATTERS

i rekon this is going to be a mad party, so i rekon it may be a good idea if we hot teh beach in teh day time savo ish time, to meet and greet and then lots of us can sort out what we needto do like runs into town to get bar bques, and food!

while who ever is standing on eth beach can sort out camp and meet other?

what do you say?

anything else?

maybe, im not sure yet!

laterdays

Step (el-nombrie)

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
Good thinkin geStepo me old lad. But I'll be going to the camp site first thing, unloading and erecting tent and then heading for the beach (this is Friday of course) you can then sweet talk Mr Jewel so he doesn't panic when loads of fire type people turn up!!

As for saturday I'll be on the beach all day as I'll already have food/beer/smokes sorted so if anyone turns up I'll be the guy spinning on Maenporth with a few others spinning aswell...nice and easy to spot biggrin

Ben your vid sounds ace....can't wait to meet you hug

Hey I just realised....we could get a vid in for COL5 of a mass spinnage on the beach...WICKED!! *liddle dance* Imagine 30 spinners all together at early dusk/dawn on the beach with waves and ting! We'd look da bomb!! ubbrollsmile

EVERYONE please read the whole of the next two posts as it's really important to us....thanks! hug

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
i would like to add to custom bugs post pls ppl.

This is by no means what me and bug expected, i have been in constant contact with bug about all teh huder teh hood stuff thats going on about meets and supplies, and so on, and we will hopfull ba having a talk this weekend face to face about it as well and drawing up alist.

As far as it stands at the mo, this is turning into a festival, but thats not what we are after! we are a group of like minded ppl meeting on a beach for a play, unfortunatly we are all pretty much sensible ppl i hope as so it wont get out of hand, if you are deemed to be doing somthing evry dnagerous or silly to either the group or to yourself in anyway, than you will be asked to stop, or at worst to leave!

i dont mean to say this in a harsh way, but do to we have no public performance or event licence, we will all be responsible for any danage or injurries done to anyone!

as for non spinners, they are more than welcome as long as you can vouch for them pls, we dont want 50 no spinners to turn up get pissed and invite their mates down and then 50 more turn up and then it get out of hand, and we will have to stop!

all im asking is responsibilty and sensibility, not just for my sake but for the guys and gals to your left and right, we will try and cone off and area for fire, and take precations to make sure ppl knwo this is only for those who are proficient in fore to use!

As bug said the capmite is also a fmily site and a frm, and teh farmer and his wife have small children, it would be most nice of you if you would pl keep all major happening to teh beach, im not banning fun on teh camp, i would love to a s field of spinners but we have to think of other there as well...cheers guys

im sorry to sound all harsh and down on you guys, but im just trying to make sure we all know the rules, to make sure we have a good time

laterdays

hug

Step (el-nombrie)

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
Me and Mech have been talking and due to PM's and such we've realised between us that this is gonna get quite big,like REALLY big so......(trying not to sound like a nagging Dad or something)..........

PENNANCE MILL FARM CAMP SITE IS A FAMILY CAMPSITE SO NO SHENNANIGANS/EXCESSIVE NOISE/FIRE WHILE YOU'RE AT THE TENTS PLEASE If you want to spin fire etc do it anywhere except the camp site! It's also a farm and we don't want a heard of cows stampeding all over our asses! If there is trouble we could be kicked out, but hopefully this is the least of our worries.

Our biggest worry is the number of folks we expect to come...there's lots. Which of course is great bounce but not in the eys of the law. As Mags told us there are fire restrictions on the beaches and obviously this applies to spinning the stuff as well as sitting round it. If too many people are there (inc locals) we'll be drawing a considerable amount of attention of which some we won't want so please keep it real folks...yeah? Remember the key word is shhhhhhhhhhhhh

As for the legalities towards performances and open parties you don't even wanna know about em! There are legal restrictions that apply but hopfully we can sneak around them......ssshhhhhhhhh wink If we get moved on the first night by the rozzers you can guarantee that they'll be back each night to shift us no matter where we go to.

Of course all this gumph won't be necessary cuz you guys rawk and we is gonna be having the best time ever....oooh yeah ubbrollsmile

Thanks to everyone who's gonna make this work...we love you and can't wait to meet you hug ubblove hug2 kiss

Mags The JediGOLD Member
Fool
2,020 posts

Posted:
Well said both of you. It'd be wicked if we can make a really good impression on the community down here, then who knows, Fire Trips to Cornwall could become a regular fixture!
devil

"I believe the cost of life is Death and we will all pay that in full. Everything else should be a gift. We paid the cover charge of life, we were born."

Bill Hicks, February 1988

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
Hopefully Mags....hopefully biggrin hug

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
Written by: mech

============
Spinners
============
Mech (Sat & Sun)
Narr (Sat & Sun)
Hainsey (Sat & Sun)
Tara (Sat & Sun)
Custom Bug + George B (Fri + Sat + Sun)
oli + (hopefully)friends (fri? + sat)
Bird + others maybe? Fri, Sat, Sun
Spanner
Warchild (Fri + Sat + Sun + Maybe mon)
Ben-ja-men (special guest)
robyn (special guests lady)
strugz
Elasta
Garthy
T&B
Frodo
Duballstar
Beth (Friday and Saturday)
Gottaloveit?
Kingofbongo?
CaptainHazard?
Trixy?
Mags and the Foulmouth kids
Ben-ja-men (if he can walk far enough wink)
============

Please quote this list and add your name, and how long you are staying for and if you are camping, so we can sort names, thankyou!

WarchildBRONZE Member
After 17 hrs i got the little beautie
340 posts

Posted:
Well said guys and i totally agree.No need to worry bout me and the guys i'll be bringing. we're all sensible enough (when needed to be) and we're not overly noisey. But then thats probly down to the amount of green we smoke. And dont worry i wont be smoking that on the camp site. Im pretty sure with the people that are going (from here) everything should work out fine.

Look forward to meeting you all. wink weavesmiley

A wise man once told me, A friend will bail you outta jail, A great friend will be sitting beside you saying that was f**king awesome.

oliSILVER Member
not with cactus
2,052 posts

Posted:
yep. also a well said from here to.

and also thanks for being so organised and stuff, i reckon this is gonna a wicked bit of my summer.

hug hug hug hug

bounce2 bounce bounce2 bounce

Me train running low on soul coal
They push+pull tactics are driving me loco
They shouldn't do that no no no

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
thanks guys, i was worried about posting that note, and like i said, im sorry to sound like a grump, bu a night in eth cells for anyone esp me and CB would not be a good thing!

like we both said its not you guys that we are worried about, its teh ppl who are turning up we dont knwo who worry us,

i dont want to sound fasist, but i have been to some event who have said you must spin in eth day light o mae sure you are safe, this is not one of the rules i want to enforce, as i dont feel any of us have the right...but im just worried about piss heads cumming round and runing it for us good ppl!

hug

Step (el-nombrie)

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
I reckon it'll be cool...let the postive energies flow and they shall be returned tenfold meditate

Come on join hands grouphug ommmmmmmmmmmmmm

Mags The JediGOLD Member
Fool
2,020 posts

Posted:
Hehe. I just spent 14 hours on the beach in falmouth, culminating in some quality burning time. You guys just need to come here, everything else will be cool as you like. Maenporth's a far enough distance from Falmouth that you wont get pissheads just wandering over, and anyone who comes here with you guys will be instantly subdued by the cool-ness in the air.

Twill be fine.

Hurry up will ya?

biggrin

"I believe the cost of life is Death and we will all pay that in full. Everything else should be a gift. We paid the cover charge of life, we were born."

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
*slaps CB up side his head*

behave boy!

Mags - sounds like a good night, yeah im saying meanporth cos its so far away and hopefully no pissheads will turn up, but we can deal at teh time!

and who knows maybe we will fall into a time warp and then the meet will happen faster!

Step (el-nombrie)

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
ow!! That hurt Mech!! But I like it wink

Is it time to go there yet? ubbrollsmile

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
Written by: Custom Bug

============
Spinners
============
Mech (Sat & Sun)
Narr (Sat & Sun)
Hainsey (Sat & Sun)
Tara (Sat & Sun)
Custom Bug + George B (Fri + Sat + Sun + Monday morning)
Spanner
strugz
Elasta
Garthy
T&B
Frodo
Duballstar
Gottaloveit?
Kingofbongo?
CaptainHazard?
Trixy?
Ben-ja-men (if he can walk far enough wink)
============

Please quote this list and add your name, and how long you are staying for and if you are camping, so we can sort names, thankyou!

FrodoBRONZE Member
old hand
1,092 posts

Posted:
I shall be there, with a car load as it is looking!

passing through, this world still lives.

ben-ja-menGOLD Member
just lost .... evil init
2,474 posts

Posted:
Written by:

Where abouts in Cornwall are you staying Ben?

bodmin smile kinda in the middle of cornwall ...... i think

only 4 more sleeps till i get on the plane ubbrollsmile ubbrollsmile ubbrollsmile ubbrollsmile ubbrollsmile sooooooooo exciting

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourself, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous and talented? Who are you NOT to be?

Mags The JediGOLD Member
Fool
2,020 posts

Posted:
Ah Bodmin. Very very dull, and home of my ex gf. Not my favourite place. Still, it has a station (although its out of town) and you can get trains to Falmouth. biggrin

FrodoBRONZE Member
old hand
1,092 posts

Posted:
and of course the home of the beast!!

the beast of bodmin!

Pink...?BRONZE Member
Mistress of Pink...Multicoloured
6,140 posts

Posted:
If anyone is heading from Surrey or such then i shall be up for it for the Sat and Sun. Other than that wont be able to make it. Says the train journey would be like 6 hours online!

Never pick up a duck in a dungeon...

Mags The JediGOLD Member
Fool
2,020 posts

Posted:
6 hours at least. But it's worth it.

Ok, here i go out on a limb. There's less than two weeks to go so we need to make sure we can all get in touch when you all get here. My email is magsthejedi@hotmail.com. If yer definitely coming, mail me and I'll give you my mobile number. Then if any of you get lost, you can text me and I'll give you directions. Although buying a map's a great idea too. biggrin

FrodoBRONZE Member
old hand
1,092 posts

Posted:
cant wait till i go!!

yeah its going to be so excellent...

FireNixBRONZE Member
old hand
904 posts

Posted:
Heh Peeps
I shall be heading down on the 18/19th coming from North London area. If peeps need a lift Pm me
This looks great - looking forward to meeting ya'll
oh and:

Mech (Sat & Sun)
Narr (Sat & Sun)
Hainsey (Sat & Sun)
Tara (Sat & Sun)
Spanner
strugz
Elasta
Garthy
T&B
Frodo
Duballstar
Gottaloveit?
Kingofbongo?
CaptainHazard?
Trixy?
Ben-ja-men (if he can walk far enough )
FireNix(F/S/S) ubbrollsmile

Feel the Flame
Phirenix

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:

============
Spinners
============
Mech (Sat & Sun)
Narr (Sat & Sun)
Hainsey (Sat & Sun)
Tara (Sat & Sun)
Spanner
Ben-ja-men (special guest (sat and sun))
strugz
Elasta
Garthy
T&B
Frodo
Duballstar
Gottaloveit?
Kingofbongo?
CaptainHazard?
Trixy?

FireNix(F/S/S)
============

corrected lists

Step (el-nombrie)

FrodoBRONZE Member
old hand
1,092 posts

Posted:

============
Spinners
============
Mech (Sat & Sun)
Narr (Sat & Sun)
Hainsey (Sat & Sun)
Tara (Sat & Sun)
Spanner
strugz
Elasta
Garthy
T&B
Frodo (friday night - sunday lunch) & two maybe three friends
Duballstar
Gottaloveit?
Kingofbongo?
CaptainHazard?
Trixy?

FireNix(F/S/S)
============

corrected lists

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:

============
Spinners
============
Mech (Sat & Sun)
Narr (Sat & Sun)
Hainsey (Sat & Sun)
Tara (Sat & Sun)
Spanner
strugz
Elasta
Garthy
T&B
Frodo (friday night - sunday lunch) & two maybe three friends
Duballstar
Gottaloveit?
Kingofbongo?
CaptainHazard?
Trixy?
FireNix(F/S/S)

============

Details:
This is the beach we'll be at
This is the camp site where we're staying. With map & addy. Please look here for charges and expect a little discount

Please quote this list and links and add your name, and how long you are staying for and if you are camping, so we can sort names, thankyou!

Page: ......