Forums > Videos > Onewheeldaves three ball vid

Login/Join to Participate

onewheeldaveGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,252 posts

Posted:
A short sequence of me doing three ball tricks, shot by Tempest a few weeks back: -

www.davidpanther.plus.com/movies/trancejuggle1.avi

(right click and 'save as')

Totally unedited, I left the drops in cos they looked intersting.

The soundtrack is the result of playing with a nice analogue synth emulator I downloaded.

It's around 5 Mb; I've avoided using DivX codec this time because there always seems to be someone who can't get it to work- let me know if anyone has problems getting this one to play.

The tricks are mainly fairly advanced and hopefully flow well into each other, there's some unusual multiplex stuff in there.

Please give feedback, if there's any enthusiasm I'll happily post more juggling vids and put some effort into it, if there's not I won't smile

"You can't outrun Death forever.
But you can make the Bastard work for it."

--MAJOR KORGO KORGAR,
"Last of The Lancers"
AFC 32

Educate your self in the Hazards of Fire Breathing STAY SAFE!

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Very nice! biggrin

MillenniuMPLATINUM Member
Hyperloops suck
595 posts

Posted:
Very very cool stuff. 3 ball juggling is my favorite to watch due to the crazy stuff you can randomly throw in there. Great stuff, Dave, do you do EVERYTHING?! Anyway, great stuff, I'd love to see more!

MikeIconGOLD Member
Pooh-Bah
2,109 posts

Posted:
Loved it. 3 ball is my fav also.

Let's turn those old bridges we crossed into ashes.
We'll blaze a new trail,
and torch the rough patches.

-Me

Red_RaveNGOLD Member
Neo - Hippie
358 posts

Posted:
eek help! me wanna juggle like that too.. hell why is juggling so damn harder than poi..?

Smile.. It confuses people..:)

Wonders never cease as long as you never cease to wonder.

TheSilverShadowBRONZE Member
Uncle Chop Chop
213 posts

Posted:
smile great vid dave

wonders off to juggle

"Do you know what the Phantom is??"
--------------

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
Quote:

eek help! me wanna juggle like that too.. hell why is juggling so damn harder than poi..?

cos poi'ers take up all the space? ubbangel ubblol ubblol ubblol

"the now legendary" - Kaskade
"the still legendary" - Kaskade

I spunked in my friend's aquarium and the fish ate it. I love all fish. Especially the pink ones. They are my bitches. - Anon.

onewheeldaveGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,252 posts

Posted:
Quote:

IMO juggling is indeed harder than spinning, but not massively so.

Daily practice, even if only for five minutes is the key.

When I was learning there wasn't much info on tricks, which I got round by making up my own. 80% of what I do I came up with on my own (though obviously most of it had been done already); then made the most of what i could glean from books and other people.

I find it holds the attention more if you're making your own stuff up, partly for the admitedly egotistical reason that people are as impressed by stuff they've never seen as by stuff that's more well known but very technically different i.e. I'm lazy, but have developed ways to make laziness work for me.

Multiplex tricks are good to get into- these are the ones in which one hand holds two balls for part of the pattern. Working them out can be a headbender, but the actual moves once learnt are physically easy due to the fact that there's one less ball in the air.

This means that they can be done stylishly evenm by someone without years of practice.

They're also very customisable.

I think in juggling it's important to work on simple tricks and get them really solid- tricks that you're comfortable with and know you can pull off 99% of the time without a drop. Then work on a few really difficult moves that you have to keep pushing at.

So, for a beginner, the simple stuff may be a few multiplexes, over the tops, reverse cascades etc. then put effort into something tricky like Mills Mess.

Most important, practice flowing from any given move to any other with flow and style. The transitions from one trick to another are just as important as the actual tricks themselves.

I've posted my theory before as to why spinners can find juggling hard to learn i.e. there's a lot more scope in spinning to relax and work on the flow, whereas jugglers get into the mindset of constantly having to push themselves technically.

Jugglers also tend to try a lot of other stuff like devil sticks, diablos etc.

In short, they spend most of their practice working on stuff that they can't yet do and become very accustomed to frequent dropping; they thus cease to see dropping as failure and realise that it is a fundamental part of the growth process.

When spinners try to juggle they hit a constant series of drops which they percieve as failure, and get put off.

--MAJOR KORGO KORGAR,
"Last of The Lancers"
AFC 32

PyrolificBRONZE Member
Returning to a unique state of Equilibrium
3,289 posts

Posted:
Nice one Dave - as you said there was a lot of unusual mulitplex stuff in there smile

you dont seem to get into siteswap variations - is this a decision or a product of your particular learning method?

Josh

--
Help! My personality got stuck in this signature machine and I cant get it out!

Red_RaveNGOLD Member
Neo - Hippie
358 posts

Posted:
thanx man.. that will hopefuly help... I want to start devilstix in the near future but I'm still lazy to make my own or buy them... So I hope I will get accustomed to drops...

btw... some of my friends tend to drop poi while spinning.. even if having double finger loops... no idea how they do it... but it's great fun to watch ; o))

Smile.. It confuses people..:)

Wonders never cease as long as you never cease to wonder.

onewheeldaveGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,252 posts

Posted:
Quote:

Nice one Dave - as you said there was a lot of unusual mulitplex stuff in there smile

you dont seem to get into siteswap variations - is this a decision or a product of your particular learning method?

Josh

Siteswap didn't exist when I learnt to juggle. When it became popular I found it interesting but not to the point where I really got into it.

I understand the basic theory of it as a description of juggling patterns, but am not familiar with the use of it to generate new patterns.

The only tricks I know that are site swap based sre the 441 and 441 mills mess.

I'm more interested in a more intuitive approach with an emphasis on the flow from one pattern to another. Also, I'm not any good at using consistent 5,7 and 7 height throws in three ball patterns , and they seem to occur in a lot of the advanced site swap moves.

But juggling has loads of different styles and approaches, they all good smile

--MAJOR KORGO KORGAR,
"Last of The Lancers"
AFC 32

oliSILVER Member
not with cactus
2,052 posts

Posted:
cool video

i really want to learn to juggle like that, it looks so crazy, i could watch that all day long smile

but it plays weirdly, the music finishes at 1:06. the clock and play bar reach the end but the video goes on playing for another 10 seconds or so, this is a little weird. not a problem though

still cool beerchug
EDITED_BY: oli (1079119546)

Me train running low on soul coal
They push+pull tactics are driving me loco
They shouldn't do that no no no

T&BBRONZE Member
Me
607 posts

Posted:
As far as nice siteswaps my favourite at the moment is 531 mill mess (very similar to 441 but the two fours cross high and low) it's a site swap and it flows confused

p.s. nice juggling, another juggler who juggles 3ball sitting down keep it up(down) wink

p.s.s i'm doing my Project on Mathmatics of juggling so if you want more site swap I've come up with some bizzar passing site swaps

Maybe I should change this too something abit nicer, humm no I still think your all Ccensoredt

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
Cool vid Dave...very impressive. I like your style it's very nice and fluid. Slightly dodgy soundtrack tho mate! beerchug wink

Let's relight this forum ubblove

PyrolificBRONZE Member
Returning to a unique state of Equilibrium
3,289 posts

Posted:
hey ho smile

does anyone know where I can download a decent juggle animator? Ive tried the java and windows ones on juggling.org but they just dont seem to work...

Ive got win98 for reference

Josh

--
Help! My personality got stuck in this signature machine and I cant get it out!

ben-ja-menGOLD Member
just lost .... evil init
2,474 posts

Posted:
im a tad confused as to what u mean exactly but this is cool
https://www.smallsquare.co.uk/jsim.htm

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourself, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous and talented? Who are you NOT to be?

funkenSILVER Member
journeyman
92 posts

Posted:
a realy nice vid
are you sittign while juggling
realy cool

onewheeldaveGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,252 posts

Posted:
As a couple of you have observed I am sat down.this is often frowned upon in juggling as it can be limiting.

I normally stand but when this vid was shot I was just messing about, there was no intention of putting it on the internet, hence the lack of editing.

Unfortunately I'm currently having real difficulties getting vids done as my PC set up is failing in so many ways, the juggling vid was done quickly round at Tempests, it's a WMV file which I normally would never use, but the only software available was 'Movie maker' with very limited export capabilities.

There's so many vid ideas I'd love to get done including some really innovative one hand and release poi stuff, a nice well thought out 3 ball one and some big wheel unicycle footage.

Due to my computer problems I simply can't do them, it's pretty frustrating.

--MAJOR KORGO KORGAR,
"Last of The Lancers"
AFC 32

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
nice stuff i like using muliplexes too..some nice carries in that

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.