Forums > Beginner Poi Moves > I did this today, SO pleased with myself.

Login/Join to Participate

laZyBRONZE Member
94 posts

Posted:
Kay um I'll explain this as simply as possible. I you don't understand just shout and i'll write a much more detailed explaination.

Wall Plane Weave

Wait till the weave is behind you on the right. So the weave should be going in reverse. If its going forwards then just flip all rights for lefts in this explaination.

Wrap left poi on right arm.

Bring the weave infront of you.

Unwrap

Wrap right poi on left arm.

Continue weave to left untill it's behind you on the left.

Unwrap

To continue just rewrap with the other poi and go back again.

Like I said I'm so pleased with myself, now all I need to do is get that buzzsaw hyperloop thing. I nearly got that today as well.
Enjoy.

laZy

as laZy as .....

MillenniuMPLATINUM Member
Hyperloops suck
595 posts

Posted:
Awesome stuff... I guess that would be considered a through-wrap fountain?

And may I also point you in the direction of the the "I just learned a new move thread"? Tis just the place for these kinds of topics.

[Old link]

Solid spinning, hope you get the buzzsaw hyperloop, I just started being able to pull it off pretty consistantly.

musashiistarring Skippy the green llama
1,148 posts

Posted:
umm

First intention, then enlightenment..
Ars Pyronomica

" Life is programmed. Whether death is programmed or not is yet to be determined."

oliSILVER Member
not with cactus
2,052 posts

Posted:
Quote:

umm

tongue

Me train running low on soul coal
They push+pull tactics are driving me loco
They shouldn't do that no no no

musashiistarring Skippy the green llama
1,148 posts

Posted:
ubbtickled I mustave sat n stared at those instructions for 20 min..It's like tryin to see the lighthouse in the stereo images...I really suck at reading instructions redface

First intention, then enlightenment..
Ars Pyronomica

" Life is programmed. Whether death is programmed or not is yet to be determined."

laZyBRONZE Member
94 posts

Posted:
That's cool, right here we go............

1. Do a normal 3 beat weave.

2. Slam it into the wallplane.

3. Now wait untill both poi are behind you and on the right. They should be going in reverse. If they are spinning froward then you need to swap all your lefts for rights in this explaination. e.g in step 3 the poi will be behind you and to the left of you (With me so far, good)

4. Just as your poi get behind you wrap your left poi over your right arm.

5. Now bring the pois infront of you as if carrying on a normal wallplane weave. This will unwrap the wrapped poi.

6. As the poi unwraps watch it closley. As the left poi comes free in that second you need to wrap your right poi over your left arm. TIMING IS CRITICAL if you wrap the right poi too soon they will become tangled. If you wrap it too late the trails left by your flames will break and the whole thing will lose the pretty effect (explained later) and will not look half as smooth and generally cool.

7. Now bring the poi to your left behind you (carrying on the wall plane weave) This will unwrap your right poi and do exactly the same as in step 6 but wrap your left poi over your right arm.

8. Congratulations you have now done one side, If you can do this then it's hardly any practice untill you can go back again and even less to get the move back and fourth as many times as you like.

THE EFFECT: The effect is a small circle inside a big circle. The looks really neat at a medium speed as the circles can be seen clearly (If you do it too fast they just blur) but you cant see the changeovers. The circles just seem to bounce back and fourth it's rea;;y pretty and not to mention impressive.

hope this clears it up. weavesmiley

laZy

as laZy as .....

SpitFireGOLD Member
Mand's Girl....and The Not So Shy One
2,723 posts

Posted:
oooh...must try with sock poi...that sounds purrrrtttyyyyy.

biggrin

Solitude sometimes speaks to you, and you should listen.