trixyBRONZE Member
100 posts

Posted:
once again mothering sunday is looming apon us, well its the 21st of march but still, not long now. and i find myself once again struggling with what to get my dear mum as a gift.

any ideas of a nice suprise for mothers? what does everyone else get their mothers. or if you are a mother what would you like to receive.

luv trixy ubbangel

THAT'S ABOUT AS SENSIBLE AS STANDING ON A HILL, IN A THUNDER STORM, HOLDING A GOLF CLUB AND SHOUTING AT THE TOP OF YOUR VOICE /ALL GOD'S ARE *BASTADS* -THE GREAT TERRY PRATCHETT.

AdeSILVER Member
Are we there yet?
1,897 posts

Posted:
in oz mother's day isn't until the first sunday in May iirc
smile

this year I will be buying new plants for a new garden
and maybe the new dropkick murphy's cd for mum ubbrollsmile

spritieSILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
2,014 posts

Posted:
Mother's day is in May in the states as well.

I usually get my mother nice scented candles. My brother always sends her flowers. When I didn't have much money, I would make her coupons for stuff, such as a home-cooked meal by me, one for cleaning the kitchen, one for helping out in the garden, etc. They were basically for stuff to help make her life a little easier, but just involved my time and not money.

Narr(*) (*) .. for the gnor ;)
2,568 posts

Posted:
AGH!! mothers day..cheers for the reminder trix biggrin

she who sees from up high smiles

Patrick badger king: *they better hope there's never a jihad on stupidity*

laZyBRONZE Member
94 posts

Posted:
Um.... do the washing, ironing,walk the dog, do the dishes, clean the house, change bed sheets, mow the lawn and lots of other boring stuff. My mum goes on strike on mothers day she doesn't get up till about 11!

as laZy as .....

FrodoBRONZE Member
old hand
1,092 posts

Posted:
ill buy myself a fire extinguisher thingy, that will make my mums day...:)

and maybe take her for lunch?

passing through, this world still lives.

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
My Mom can be happy in the fact that she still has me and all the love I have!
Non-Https Image Link

Let's relight this forum ubblove

_Aime_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
i don't get her anything. dad goes out and gets cards and thats it. if I do get her something its wrong anyway ubblol

GottaLoveItSponge
883 posts

Posted:
Make peppermint creams! She's already paid for the ingredients - go round there and ask to borrow them for a friend's birthday cake and hey presto!

I've already bought her a card (just because I have the money) and I'm debating what to buy for her gift... maybe a CD? OR I'll do my coursework for mothers day! Sorted. That's the one!

Monkeys monkeys and bananas

ieuanBRONZE Member
holy man
110 posts

Posted:
I think that Mother's Day, Father's Day and Valentine's day are all just holidays started by card companies and the like to guilt you into spending lots of money you don't have. But seeing as how I got sucked right in to the huge guilt trip and would feel horrible if I didn't do anything for my mum...
I think I will make her a chocolate truffle cake with bittersweet ganache. I think that should cover it. biggrin

Gather your harps from the willow trees, dust off the ancient strings. Call the bards and prophets, let them sing healing and freedom. Let light and love flow from the strings, colors of revelation.

Tao StarPooh-Bah
1,662 posts

Posted:
that's awful!

i don't feel guilet tripped in to buying expensive cards because i tell my mummy i love her all the time (and everyone else ubblove). I also don't buy expensive cards anyway, cause i make them, much more personal.

i see it as an opportunity and a reminder to tell her once again in a special way. It's only when people start expecting stuff that it gets out of hand and guilt takes a role.

i would be sad if someone told me they loved me out of guilt. frown

I had a dream that my friend had a
strong-bad pop up book,
it was the book of my dreams.