Forums > Social Chat > AARRRRGGG! My wrist's still screwed!

Login/Join to Participate

TheBovrilMonkeySILVER Member
Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:
I had the cast taken off my wrist at the hospital yesterday as it's been 6 weeks since it was put on. I was really looking forward to breaking out the poi again, as well as being able to play my guitar and saw again.
Unfortunately, it's not healed completely, so I've got to have it in a wierd splint glove thing for another 6 weeks and I can't use it for anything. I'm going to have to stick with the single handed staff for now.

When the splint comes off, it will have been a total of eighteen and a half weeks of not being able to use my wrist properly. I'm getting just a tad fed up now

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

RoziSILVER Member
100 characters max...
2,996 posts

Posted:
Poor lil' bovvie-monkey..

that's awful.

We promise that it will all be waiting for you when you come back.

And you will be a master at staff . Hope it all comes good soon...

R.

It was a day for screaming at inanimate objects.

What this calls for is a special mix of psychology and extreme violence...

CassandraFroggie ... Ribbit !!!
4,224 posts

Posted:
So sorry about that ...
You have time to make up crazy moves in your dreams though ...

shine on, it'll soon be over
Cass

"I want brown bread... no, that is diesel oil..."
"So I was raised in Europe, where History comes from ..."
"NON !!! La Plume de mon oncle n est pas Bingibangibungi !!!"

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
erm...."saw again?"

Meh

Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:
That would be my musical saw.
you sit holding the handle between your legs with the tip in one hand and bend it into an S shape.
with the other hand, you play it with a cello bow, the more you bend the blade, the higher the note it plays.
You look like a complete berk playing it, but you can get some really cool eerie noises out of it

The best example I can give is in the film Delicatessen, the clown character plays one a couple of times, accompanied by a woman playing a cello

[ 11 April 2002, 23:15: Message edited by: TheBovrilMonkey ]

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

fluffy napalm fairyCarpal \'Tunnel
3,638 posts

Posted:
Wow - i have no idea what you're talking about Bovril (don't think I've ever seen one) but It sounds pretty cool

Hope the wrist recovers soon though. All will be well and you'll be playing to your heart's content in no time.

Geologists do it in the dirt................ spank

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Yeah, they had one on Flipper for calling the dolphin (whatever his name was. Was it Gentle Ben? My memory is a little fuzzy).

Meh

Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:
I think Gentle Ben was the bear who lived in florida.
The only thing I can remember about it was that I always wanted one of those swamp skimmer things with the great big fan on the back.

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
I thought the bear was called Bo and Luke Duke.

I used to like it when they'd take that advanced helicopter they'd nicked off the government and fight crime.

Now what was that helicopter called? Was it Streethawk?

Meh

Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:
The helicopter was called Airwolf, Streethawk was the bike that tried to be like Knight Rider.

Strange how they got the animals completely messed up, I've never seen a flying wolf before

Anyway, when I was trying to find out which was which, I found this incredable site:

https://www.80snostalgia.com/classictv/index.html

I know I'm going to be sat here for ages reading it now, it's not looking like I'm going to get much work done