Forums > Videos > Strugz - The Collection

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ...
strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
ALL VIDEOS MADE BY ME & OTHERS WHO HAVE ASKED FOR HOSTAGE CAN BE FOUND AT THE FOLLOWING WEBSITE:

Strugz website and video collection

I would point out that although i made most of the vids on there - im soooo not techy enought to have made the site, you will have to log in to access the downloads section, but i can assure its worth it. smile please bear in mind that these videos have been made over the lasy 3-4 years.

Here is a list of what is available the latest upload is in colour :

Another tribute to Ben - The 2bags experiance

Airport Terrorism with MCP

Benjamen - The Gay poet

Cabaret Saute - Tepooka

An Evening with UCOF

Another Eezy Sunday 1

Another Eezy Sunday 2

Falmouth - the meet 1

Falmouth the meet 2

Falmouth the meet 3

Firebreathing world record (04) Stone Henge

Flaming Nunchuca Fun with Ninja Rob

Ideas - King of Bongo

The Irish Invasion

Ireland - my holiday (vid from pix in my gallery)

Underthe Bridge 1 - Josh Doubles

Under the bridge 2 - Josh Clubswinging

Knox2 - Dave knox single contact from way back

Knox Doubles

Poi in the park - from 2004

Strugz & Staffs - 1 04

Strugz & Staffs 2 - 05

Uberstaff 05

The Village Xmas spin (one for a giggle - please have audio!)

Will Falmouth footage.

On the site there is a video blog with descriptions of all these vids and what you can expect from them.

Thanks to NYC for pointing out that i am confusing........ i forget about the newbies - ive been round here for far too long and assume eveyone else has too!

Enjoy them all anyway biggrin

Hey,

Ive been scowering these forums over the last few years and dowloaded many many vidz which have helped me learn all kinds of things, so here is a little summit back!

More on the way soon now i have the technology to knock out such things smile

https://www.soton-firespinning.co.uk/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=viewdownload&cid=3

This link will take you to our downloads section, where you can find 2 versions of the vid cool

Hope it entertains as much as the rest of the vidz on this site ubbrollsmile

Eezy

Strugz

"...We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing......."

poikidBRONZE Member
68 posts

Posted:
Wow, that was awesome dude. Love the entire setting, and thats some sweeet staff you got going on there. Keep it up, that was amazing ubblove And I dont even do staff biggrin

M-P Kid

In order to achieve what most people cant, you must do what most people wont

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
Nice work Strugz - as always!

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

spritieSILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
2,014 posts

Posted:
Very nicely done. smile

I really like your elbow behind the neck roll combo thing. I also really like that you can actually see you, and thus see what you are doing.

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
Thanx for all ya possitive feeback guys smile

All my moves have been learnt from this site (with the exception of some of the awsome spinners ive met over the years)

But again thats thanx to this site biggrin

Glad you like tho - i will be putting some more up soon biggrin

Eezy beerchug

"...We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing......."

FrodoBRONZE Member
old hand
1,092 posts

Posted:
Strugz all i can say is thanks, for the web site, the movies, the filming and teaching me so much... i love ur style, and attitute towards spinning!!

its been an honour spinning with u, and look forward to many spins in the future! smile

ubbrollsmile ubbrollsmile weavesmiley ubbrollsmile ubbrollsmile

passing through, this world still lives.

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
nice one strugz...cool vid. I like it when you're spinning in front of the sunset your flames seem to change between red and white when the speed's right.

nice vid, beautiful setting, great skills beerchug

Let's relight this forum ubblove

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
Have just completed the first group vid of all the peeps involved in getting our site off the ground - the vid contains lotsa poi Tiz just a little summit to put faces to names as a few peeps in the vid are known to come here often. biggrin

Usual click the link on the first post and it will take you to downloads
- Another Eezy Sunday

I would just like to thank all the people that have helped us out over the last couple of months and look forward to spending a mad summer with you all biggrin

Guilford spins vid will be following soon (subject to scrutany by Durbs wink )

Eezy

Strugz

musashiistarring Skippy the green llama
1,148 posts

Posted:
woohoo!! rope dart!! woohoo!

First intention, then enlightenment..
Ars Pyronomica

" Life is programmed. Whether death is programmed or not is yet to be determined."

ben-ja-menGOLD Member
just lost .... evil init
2,474 posts

Posted:
awesome video very very nicely put together, cant wait for the next installment (some rope dart with a little more light would be awesome) cool choice of music, having the names on there is a wicked idea. just wondering though was frodo wearing gloves when he held the poi at 2.12?

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourself, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous and talented? Who are you NOT to be?

musashiistarring Skippy the green llama
1,148 posts

Posted:
no gloves seen here..3 second rule eh wink

First intention, then enlightenment..
Ars Pyronomica

" Life is programmed. Whether death is programmed or not is yet to be determined."

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
nice one guys... i like the arty camera position for the wire wool segment! biggrin

It is our fantasies that make us real. Without our fantasies we're just a blank monkey' - Terry Pratchett

Antti_EverythingGOLD Member
addict
446 posts

Posted:
i have problems in watching the videos. (suprise). i downloaded them and none of them worked properly on the windows media player or even on premiere 6.0. like in strugz and staff i got 20 secs of perfect picture and sound and then the picture just stops. and it looked so dmn good so far. help.

Point your toes.

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
Thanx guys biggrin

Ben - i will speak to Durbs for some more rope-dart action and as for frodos gloves - they were made of skin, hes just a little bit ubbloco

Nekobasu - sorry to hear your having problems - only thing i can suggest is that you do not have the required codecs - can i also suggest dont use micropants media player, try Winamp 5 - which can be downloaded from our site under software biggrin tiz what i use and ive not had any probs.

If that dont work and vid and sound are cutting out - have the files come down in full - just double check that the filesizes match the ones listed on the site.

Hope it helps beerchug

Eezy

Strugz

FrodoBRONZE Member
old hand
1,092 posts

Posted:
well i can say that there isnt any gloves involved.. and that was less than three seconds!!! though i do hold the fire in my hands for a lot longer normally, that was only a snippet! today i held the fire in my hands for at least 7 seconds??

my computer has blown up at the moment so i shall be offline for a while but cant wait to get back online!!

anyhow, thanks for all the nice commentS!!!

Frodo

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
biggrin Heh heh. there I was, watching a this video about the Soton gatherings and suddenly - in the middle - was me smile That was aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaages ago - I'd forgotten about that footage.

Wicked video Strugz (again) - Can't wait for the G'ford one! No approval needed me ol' mucker, your reputation preceeds you wink

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi

FrodoBRONZE Member
old hand
1,092 posts

Posted:
thats cause u are so good.!!!

i shall be comming on thursday night..... if im welcome!

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
Aww, thanks smile

You mean this Thursday? Cool! It'll be wicked.

Like you need my permission!

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
Hey Durbs - thought id best get you in there somewhere wink

Reputation ubblol i have a few, none that id like to mention here tho wink

I have just finished a 2minute vid of some footage i got at the last guilford meet, tiz not as sweet as id like it to be however thats coz geting good footage in a crowded place can be difficult biggrin

Anyhow i will upload it before the end of the week tongue

Eezy All

beerchug

Antti_EverythingGOLD Member
addict
446 posts

Posted:
i-ight. got them to work with the divx-player and the videos are really nice. thank you......

Point your toes.

PyrolificBRONZE Member
Returning to a unique state of Equilibrium
3,289 posts

Posted:
I thought it was well wicked, nice one Strugz smile

--
Help! My personality got stuck in this signature machine and I cant get it out!

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
Thanx Josh smile

Have just uploaded the guilford vid - its only a short one as i just didnt get enough footage the short time i was there...........however to make up for it you can now see Durbs in his full glory biggrin

Vid contains some nice UV poi and some contact juggling biggrin

Click link on the first post and look for the file: Guilford - Backline

More to come soon!

Eezy

ben-ja-menGOLD Member
just lost .... evil init
2,474 posts

Posted:
rocking video, what are they using for poi? i want some biggrin ....... not that i poi but i want some

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourself, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous and talented? Who are you NOT to be?

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
M8 they are a highly expensive technological break through in the poi world biggrin

Commonly known as - socks wink

Ok Ok so the UV cannon you can see behind Durbs may have summit to do with it..... tongue

Eezy

FrodoBRONZE Member
old hand
1,092 posts

Posted:
smile

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
frodo - I like your isolated thread the needle type thing. (If that's what it is) In the lazy days vid.

Plus the look of intense concentration on your face. I'm trying to go for a look of mildly disinterested aloofness. sort of like: "Oh really, there's a staff on the back of my neck is there?"

(I have the flu - this post may not make clinical sense.)

hug

"the now legendary" - Kaskade
"the still legendary" - Kaskade

I spunked in my friend's aquarium and the fish ate it. I love all fish. Especially the pink ones. They are my bitches. - Anon.

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:

*Bump*

Another Eezy Sunday Part 2 is now up smile

It contains fire staff, doubles, flaming bikes and hamster poi!!

Tiz 32 meg though sorry to all dialups!

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
heh heh...gotta love the 1.5meg BB. I'm glad your sever pulls over 200KB/sec! ;-)

yet again nice vid dude

Who's the little guy? He's gonna hav mad skilz by the time he's 10!

Let's relight this forum ubblove

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
nice strugz, whos is the wee spinner?

is taht lil spanner?

Step (el-nombrie)

MikeIconGOLD Member
Pooh-Bah
2,109 posts

Posted:
Hah, that vid is great. How old is the lil kid? Cant be more than 4 and thats gotta be the youngest spinner caught on film smile

Hamster poi is awesome, my friend has one of those and hes gonna love to hear bout this.

Lastly...
Cmon Frodo, WTF? spank ubblol

Let's turn those old bridges we crossed into ashes.
We'll blaze a new trail,
and torch the rough patches.

-Me

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
Thanx Guys

The wee spinner you mention is my hardend disaplined master known as Yoda (outside of the degobah system i think peeps call him Aidan wink)

He is my Mrs little fella and my little m8 - i think he will be a fine spinner if he keeps it up smile

Hamster poi - hehehehe im afraid is no more - his career ended last night in a freak accident (namely his stick melted ubblol)

Anyhow - im now working on my next little project which involves much footage from the irish countryside (wire in a castle, poi spinning in refelective sea and other arty visuals)

Will keep ya posted biggrin

Eezy beerchug

Page: ...