Forums > Videos > Strugz - The Collection

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ......
strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
ALL VIDEOS MADE BY ME & OTHERS WHO HAVE ASKED FOR HOSTAGE CAN BE FOUND AT THE FOLLOWING WEBSITE:

Strugz website and video collection

I would point out that although i made most of the vids on there - im soooo not techy enought to have made the site, you will have to log in to access the downloads section, but i can assure its worth it. smile please bear in mind that these videos have been made over the lasy 3-4 years.

Here is a list of what is available the latest upload is in colour :

Another tribute to Ben - The 2bags experiance

Airport Terrorism with MCP

Benjamen - The Gay poet

Cabaret Saute - Tepooka

An Evening with UCOF

Another Eezy Sunday 1

Another Eezy Sunday 2

Falmouth - the meet 1

Falmouth the meet 2

Falmouth the meet 3

Firebreathing world record (04) Stone Henge

Flaming Nunchuca Fun with Ninja Rob

Ideas - King of Bongo

The Irish Invasion

Ireland - my holiday (vid from pix in my gallery)

Underthe Bridge 1 - Josh Doubles

Under the bridge 2 - Josh Clubswinging

Knox2 - Dave knox single contact from way back

Knox Doubles

Poi in the park - from 2004

Strugz & Staffs - 1 04

Strugz & Staffs 2 - 05

Uberstaff 05

The Village Xmas spin (one for a giggle - please have audio!)

Will Falmouth footage.

On the site there is a video blog with descriptions of all these vids and what you can expect from them.

Thanks to NYC for pointing out that i am confusing........ i forget about the newbies - ive been round here for far too long and assume eveyone else has too!

Enjoy them all anyway biggrin

Hey,

Ive been scowering these forums over the last few years and dowloaded many many vidz which have helped me learn all kinds of things, so here is a little summit back!

More on the way soon now i have the technology to knock out such things smile

https://www.soton-firespinning.co.uk/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=viewdownload&cid=3

This link will take you to our downloads section, where you can find 2 versions of the vid cool

Hope it entertains as much as the rest of the vidz on this site ubbrollsmile

Eezy

Strugz

"...We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing......."

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
Hey Stickman

On the homepage - click "downloads" - left hand margin.....

then Click SFS videos and youl see them all there.

biggrin

Battlesbridge Christmas spin

Benjamen - The Gay Poet.

cool

"...We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing......."

stickmanWorld Champ Procrastinator
580 posts

Posted:
thanks a bunch strugz, ill give it a shot...

biggrin

stickmanWorld Champ Procrastinator
580 posts

Posted:
ubblove

im lovin it strugz.. great vids.. especially the music. i hoope ben appreciates it, but i dont think you need to worry about that biggrin

ben-ja-menGOLD Member
just lost .... evil init
2,474 posts

Posted:
i absolutely love it ubblove brings back sooooo many happy memories the music is absolutely peeeeeeeeerfect its definately my favourite video smile althought strugz didnt add any of my dual fishtail footage ..... but other than that its perfect biggrin big thanx n hug for all the lovely messages from the lovely ppl biggrin (can u tell its the highlight of my day and ive had a really nice day at the beach filming)

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourself, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous and talented? Who are you NOT to be?

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
Glad you liked Ben biggrin

My favorite bit is the Lynx slo mo, a move i believe Glass introduced to the staffing world wink

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
yes in glass and sticks i think

not sure it was a steve move? some of them on vid are steve move, and classified as such.....

Step (el-nombrie)

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
Written by: mech

yes in glass and sticks i think

or Drew & Staff wink

ben-ja-menGOLD Member
just lost .... evil init
2,474 posts

Posted:
lol shame the lynx stall looks so awkward when i do it and i dont catch it properly ..... my horizontal leg stalls are getting more horizontal like and less hoping. i really like the bit at 0.25 thought best nice horizontal stall and step n glide i like step n gliding hehehe and the uber slow fishtail but my favouritest bit has to be the super fast spinning redface i think thats one of the few times ive spun fast since i started contact ..... would have to get caught on tape rolleyes smile

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourself, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous and talented? Who are you NOT to be?

ado-pGOLD Member
Pirate Ninja
3,882 posts

Posted:
he he

you just taught me how to do a SNES to Halo nice and cleaner.

I struggled with this for a long long time. smile

My thanks to you and the video boys.

Love is the law.

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
Me like smile

The christmas one is wicked - you just wait till the Fashion show one turns up...

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

MrConfusedBRONZE Member
addict
529 posts

Posted:
Just downloaded lots of vids, as well put together as ever. Not too convinced by the music tho umm. When I finally get my arse in gear and get around to playing with staff again (kind of waiting for the warmth), it'll be almost like having ben there to teach me. With dodgy music.
Hope you're coping with all that sunshine down there ben. Must be hard for you, I'm sure you wish you could be hear in the rain and gloom.

Fashion show, you say? redface
*runs off to hide somewhere with alcohol until all memory has faded*
Interesting night, that one. biggrin

J

If you're not confused, you're not thinking about things hard enough.

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
Man it took me ages to find this thread, last seen in january 5 moths ago ................ubblol

2bags the hobbit and myself had a little deal on that we would all make a vid to put online at the same time smile

Those two however have chickend out and are now doing one together.......... isnt that nice wink

So remarkably i have beaten them too it cool, me and Greenmilk went down to netley one night last week in the field where we used to meet up and we got a new vid from it smile

Got well stuck putting it together, then got fed up and decided this would do rolleyes

Still it will give people an idea what ive been playing with the last few months smile ubbrollsmile

Go here then downloads!

File is called: strugz & staffz - stix & stoned
time: 5min (ish)
size: 35meg

**waits for incomming projectile mouldy vedgtables**

ubblol

Helz BellzSILVER Member
lovin' it...
2,444 posts

Posted:
ubblove it but then you already knew that!!!

wicked vid man

biggrin

Live well, love much, laugh often...

Official O.B.E.S.E. cheerleader

MrConfusedBRONZE Member
addict
529 posts

Posted:
Very, very nice work!
clap

J

If you're not confused, you're not thinking about things hard enough.

steve dbBRONZE Member
enthusiast
272 posts

Posted:
the problem with discussing anything with strugz is that he's invariably stoned so has very little idea what's going on before, after or during the conversation wink. the plan to put out separate vids only lasted for about a week, then frodo and i decided that since we were going to be filming each other, and wanted to do some scenes together, we may as well just make one video. we told this to strugz on a number of occasions and it's only recently that he seems to have understood.

anyways, that's a very cool vid. i particularly like the two funny parts (and no i don't mean strugz' arms), the weird butterfly weave, the spinning round and round on the neck, the lovely scenery and the music. so pretty much everything then. biggrin

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
ubblol

biggrin ubbloco biggrin

IfritBRONZE Member
The GF of HoP
492 posts

Posted:
Just watched Stix and stoned and loved it. More of the same please smile

The backdrops were real well chosen and ive never seen focus on th fire taht good before thas it to do with the dusk twilight or manual focus?

Aw and the spinning was good to i suppose biggrin:D

Im not sure of the terminoligy but the around 47 seconds the move that is i was name it would be something like a parrellel crossover (or straight jacket smile).What ever its called it looked grt.

fire leads to creation

FrodoBRONZE Member
old hand
1,092 posts

Posted:
i cant belive that spanner let me sleep through the first viewing. there i was asleep on her sofa, when she downloads and watches the vid!

argh.

nice work man, though..

I think the spinning could be a little tighter on the doubles, sorta like mine wink

Cant wait to get ours out.

NICE WORK! see u tonight

passing through, this world still lives.

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:

Very nice dude - although quite why you're dreaming of Ben is anyone's guess wink

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

FrodoBRONZE Member
old hand
1,092 posts

Posted:
Strugz stop downloading ur own video, sixty times in less than ten hours!

how rude.

Stop pressing "save as", strugz now only 200 meg left of his hard drive after downloading "strugz n staff 2", fourty nine times wink

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
Written by: Frodo

I think the spinning could be a little tighter on the doubles, sorta like mine wink

dude i sort of agree - yeh the doubles could have been tighter - but then they would have been nothing like yours wink

Written by: durbs

Very nice dude - although quite why you're dreaming of Ben is anyone's guess

That shot was a bit random i agree - but i wanted the bits before and after the fishtail attempt in the vid - but there was this gap of me just stood there........... Ben very kindly sent me his dual fishy video so i figured id use a slight bit of comedy rolleyes

Besides - your just jelous it wasnt you ubbloco

I think about you on sundays though dude, that was a friday wink

ubblol

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
just watched the vid, and like it, just three complaints

first a total personal attack on you wink , it a shame you dont break out moves like that when i see you.....

would have looked much more lush in person than on video.

2) the vid for me was about 1-2 mins to long, i was all lush spinning, but i found myslef wanting something more, its kind of becuase it was just you pulling off high end tricks it just seemed a litle same of same

if you get me

LOVED the dream sequence, and have an ida like thta for another video, but will work on that seperatly and get that pumped out soon .......hmm think i might do that today.....

c)HOW COULD YOU LOSE THE HAT! that hat is you strugz! i demand you re-make the vid with the hat....... wink

i liked the vid all in all, its about an 8 out of 10 for me, i like the angles, and the style of the vid, and i love your spinning, its just missing that last bit of the x-factor for me....

sorry dude, but i still love you kiss

Step (el-nombrie)

ben-ja-menGOLD Member
just lost .... evil init
2,474 posts

Posted:
really nice video, sorry i didnt send feedback sooner have been out and about examining spinning sites. ok so some feedback

0.41 - 0.54 i really like and shall definately be learning
0.55 - 1.07 the flowers where really out of sync which destroys the effect imho
1.17 - 1.40 very sweet stuff but it seems like your not totally at ease with it as your body movements jerk around a bit to make the move work
1.56 - 2.00 could be really nice but at the moment its messy and doesnt flow
2.17 - 2.22 absolutely sweet as definately the best bit tongue
2.23 - 2.35 very very slick
3.45 ??? what do u do there it looks cool but its hard to make out the movement

your spinnings got looooooooooads smoother and better biggrin i really enjoyed the video especially the variety of moves and camera angles cant wait to see the next one

ParafinfairySILVER Member
old hand
845 posts

Posted:
Strugz!!!!! That was a really really good video. You've got even better than when I last saw you. I was really impressed with it. I liked the different camera angles and the bit where there was a sunset behind you. Your spinning is soooo good too. Aw mate I miss you!!! hug

Slicing the Loaf as we speak.

I need it..... Trust me!

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
Right!

Mech: thanx dude, 8 out of 10 - wow, you are feeling generous ubblol - as for the hat - wouldnt be much point in it being the hatless addition though would it wink

Ben: Thanks man, i agree the dual fishies are the best bit, [censored] move that it is ubblol i agree on the flowers as well, ive been working on them for a while and they are hard to get perfect as im sure you will agree, still next time eh wink as for the last bit 3.45 - its a standard round the neck turn into halo, whilst throwing the other one - tiz my favorite contact move with doubles at the moment smile

Lex: Thanks muchly m8y - i hope your keeping Ben occupied over there, keep him away from his staffs for me at least until i nail these damn fishtails continuously wink

Oh - and i miss you too and your cider wink hug

Overall the spinning is messy, but hey - i was stoned wink

Thanks for all your comments people, am a happy man smile

jemima (jem)SILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,750 posts

Posted:
From an arty farty point of view, I especially liked the orange flames juxtaposed against the blue hue of the sky. Complentry colours and all that. smile

Loverly staffage, gorgeouse ubblove

Never assume
Always Acknowledge

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
biggrin Wickid!

The Good

The double buttefly over the neck throw thingie, awsome! ubblove Ben you must be blind, or perhaps it cuz you have to watch it upside down wink

The Bad

The only down side to the spinning is some of the same direction timing, it seems to come and go in and out of sync, but your butterfly is always nice and sync'ed so work on it young man! spank

the ugly

Well we all saw Bens bit didn't we wink kiss

the rest

Overall a top vid, really enjoyed it! clap But I'd have to disagree with steps comments, I thought the length worked really well.

Spoonz mate hug

Let's relight this forum ubblove

FrodoBRONZE Member
old hand
1,092 posts

Posted:
i got my own back this morning at 5 am...

haha, he will never know its me!

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
Pirate Pixie Crew Captain
8,428 posts

Posted:
Soton won't let me sign in again. It says I don't exist frown I can't download the vid frown

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
Written by: Dunc

the rest
Overall a top vid, really enjoyed it! clap But I'd have to disagree with step s comments, I thought the length worked really well.

Diagree with me HEY!

well dont expect me to fix your pc again wink

Step (el-nombrie)

Page: ......