Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > Fire spinning gathering @ Ventura, California, USA

Login/Join to Participate

MillenniuMPLATINUM Member
Hyperloops suck
595 posts

Posted:
March 5th at 8 PM, fire spinning gathering on the beach near the Ventura pier. Bring your own props and fuel if you can, but there will be some for borrow if you need it.

Email Ryanmoray@hotmail.com or call (805)570-2874 for directions.

Hyperloops suck
595 posts

Posted:
Ooh ooh! Well, I don't think any HOPpers came, but we had 30-40 fire spinners/jugglers/whatever come, way more than expected! Not to mention about 200 people watching that strolled by randomly and stayed to watch. Awesome people, great conversation, lots of spinning and fire! And not a single accident in the 4 or 5 hours of constant fwirlage. Good fun!

Pictures will be put up soon on www.vex-xev.com. Due to the awesomeness of this event, we're making it monthly, possibly every other week. Definitely at least every first friday of the month, but maybe every first and third friday. Yummy!

OrbitSILVER Member
enthusiast
270 posts

Posted:
Hey, are you guys going to that Pismo gathering in April? Would be great to see you guys there -- there are going to be soo many people there! I think it's going to be better than Burning Man, since the focus will be on the spinning. It's too hard to just think about fire at Burning Man when there's so much other stuff going on that you want to do!

Roger/Orbit

Hyperloops suck
595 posts

Posted:
Quote:

Hey, are you guys going to that Pismo gathering in April? Would be great to see you guys there -- there are going to be soo many people there! I think it's going to be better than Burning Man, since the focus will be on the spinning. It's too hard to just think about fire at Burning Man when there's so much other stuff going on that you want to do!

Roger/Orbit

Never heard of what you're talking about, can you give me info, or link me to a place with info? Sounds like fun, I'd love to go!

Update on this coming friday's gathering:

"Ventura fire spinning/drumming gathering 4/2/04 at 8:00 by the Ventura Pier. Bring friends and family, dogs and squirrels. https://blackestheart.proboards29.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&num=1080448294
for more info"

We're hoping for 50 people or so this time! There's a bunch of drummers planning on attending so we'll have some nice live music to spin to. Local officials have been spoken to and it is a legal event now! See you on friday.