Forums > Social Chat > a real life short story.

Login/Join to Participate

Tao StarPooh-Bah
1,662 posts

Posted:
Two summers ago my stepmum died of cancer. I've never been able to find a way to proplerly honour the life of this amazing woman. I don't even need to go in to the details, i know you'll believe me, she was amazing.

anyway, last week my Dad told me a story about her and this is it;

Maria used to chat to people, anyone, people were just drawn to her and i never met a single person who didn't love her straightaway. She was a natural mother and one of the most graceful people i have ever met in both looks and ways.

One day she was talking to a guy while standing at a pelican crossing, and he showed her a cide, like morse code - it was a way of pressing the button so the lights would automatically go green straightaway. I guess kind of like cheats that computer programmers use to test all the levels on a new game. She used to use it on the way to school, but only if she was in a hurry (she was too nice to inconvenience the car drivers!). Noone ever asked her what the code was - it was just a quirky Maria thing - she had lots of those.

Well anyway, like i said she died two summers ago, and took the secret of the pelican crossing code with her. It wasn't a big secret, and if she'd told us then it wouldn't be a secret at all. But now it's a special thing that noone can ever take away from her. Whenever i'm about to cross the road now and i'm in a hurry i stop and think about Maria.

It sounds like a weird way to remember someone i loved, but she was so full of fascianting bits of information, and such an innocent, friendly and hugely intelligent woman, that it somehow seems fitting.

I had a dream that my friend had a
strong-bad pop up book,
it was the book of my dreams.

pounceSILVER Member
All the neurotic makings of America's lesser known sweetheart
9,831 posts

Posted:
that's a beautiful story....the kind that leaves you with this slight pensive smile smile

I was always scared with my mother's obsession with the good scissors. It made me wonder if there were evil scissors lurking in the house somewhere.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

**giggles**

Pink...?BRONZE Member
Mistress of Pink...Multicoloured
6,140 posts

Posted:
Yeah i've heard of that code too! And i agree if it's meant to be secret then... ubbangel

It was a lovely story hug

Never pick up a duck in a dungeon...

GottaLoveItSponge
883 posts

Posted:
I've never heard of the code!!! It's no longer as secret as it was to me!!! Hehe... I like waiting anyway wink

hug smile

Monkeys monkeys and bananas