Page:
Polifeciomember
27 posts

Posted:
I think that the world with one roligion or without religion will be the perfect one.
I am jew and my girlfrend ubblove isn´t so if my parents finds out they will f**ck spank me
what do you think about this??
and if you are jew please answer
peace

spin forever weavesmiley

THE BEAM WILL BE WITH YOU... ALWAYS

Same as Dostoevskiymember
54 posts

Posted:
THE ONE THING THAT YOU DIDN'T THINK OF, IS THAT gOD GAVE MAN Wwill TO CHOOSE TO SUCK OR NOT TO SUCK...
THE CHOISE IS YOURS...

when it gets colder that -25, you don't really care

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
Yes I did. God gave man that will...God gave man bad thoughts....God put the apple there.....God created evil...we're just using the things God gave us....be they nice or not they're all apparently created by God....he must contain elements of evil too as all his actions are deliberate....we're created in his image....so if God created evil then religion sucks not man....

Let's relight this forum ubblove

GottaLoveItSponge
883 posts

Posted:
Quote:

created by God....he must contain elements of evil too as all his actions are deliberate....

The thing that gets me is this - this isn't against a religion, just some people I know. They believe whole heartedly in God, but they do not accept the existance of the Devil. Surely you have to believe in both to be able to believe in the one?
The whole idea of balance gets knocked off by this and i have yet to understand where they think the evil in their world comes from

On the above question, it depends which way you believe - God created people or people created God... I don't think there will ever be a solid answer for the entire world to accept because there's no proof but people are still entitled to their own opinion with or without proof and I'm happy sitting where I am biggrin

Monkeys monkeys and bananas

Punkassemob***hmember
58 posts

Posted:
Join my religion today!

The commandments

1.Do what you think is sensible, or if not sensible fun for spectators to watch.

1. Don't accept a 'truth' that is obviously a metaphor or very silly.

3. Pay me a tribute for being your spiritual father in chocolate milk (Yazoo is not acceptable)

4. Vote Biffy.

Who wants to join? Orderly queue please, no shoving at the back.

p.s There is a god. It's Morgan Freeman. The T.V told me so it must be true.

You can always spot the moral victor.
They're the one bleeding on the ground.

EVIL DOES NOT WEAR A BONNET!- Mr Tinklestein

Mon the Biffy.

GottaLoveItSponge
883 posts

Posted:
Quote:

p.s There is a god. It's Morgan Freeman. The T.V told me so it must be true.

But the TV told me it was Alanis Morisette!

Monkeys monkeys and bananas

Punkassemob***hmember
58 posts

Posted:
It's been leading us both on! Join my religion, and we can go on a 'holy' war against T.V. A purely non-violent one of course, just us grumbling at everyone and eating chocolate cookies in a anarchistic way.
p.s I'm sorry to the individuals who started this as a serious thread, feel free to banish me, but remember who brought into being...

You can always spot the moral victor.
They're the one bleeding on the ground.

EVIL DOES NOT WEAR A BONNET!- Mr Tinklestein

Mon the Biffy.

ieuanBRONZE Member
holy man
110 posts

Posted:
I'm not really into huge apologetics, but I'll put my two cents in anyway biggrin

I am 25(in two days) and raised a christian. God revealed himself to me when I was 19, and I've had things happen that to me that I can only explain as God, so I personally believe. On the other hand I have been screwed by the very people in the church that claim to "christians'. I was back stabbed, bad mouthed, and unoficially kicked out, after 10 years of doing music cause certain people didn't agree of like what I thought or had to say. Now I'm not gonna chalk it up as God's fault, cause some people are mean and nasty and miserable with themselves and have to make hurt other to feel good, or justify their own means. I don't hate them, or wish ill on them, I feel sorry that they can't look outside the box, and see another realm of possibility. No one can possibly know everything, so no one can make a final say on what is right or wrong. I will say what I believe to be true but the botton line is just as much as I think I'm right, so does the next guy. I agree with the other posts. Alot of good has been done in the name of religion, so has alot of evil. This goes for any cause. Some argue that faith is the bane of our existance, but faith in something, whether God or anything else, holds the overall tide of evil at bay. Although I believe that people are born inherently evil(just my opinion, not stating a fact), there is something deep inside that longs to see good be done, and evil overcome. I may add more thoughts to this at a later time(cause this deserves more explanation), but I gotta go cause I'm at work and I actually have to do some work biggrin biggrin Peace and love to all. Just cause I don't agree with ya, doesn't mean I don't love ya!! ubblove

Ps, although at work, between constanly being obsessed with my own mortality(I want to die in a huge dramatic explosion of some kind) and spinning fire, they wonder what religion I truly belong to(muuhahahahhahaha0pay homage to him who walks between the rows!). One of my co-workers said if I started a religion she would be my first disciple tongue
EDITED_BY: ieuan (1079383480)

Gather your harps from the willow trees, dust off the ancient strings. Call the bards and prophets, let them sing healing and freedom. Let light and love flow from the strings, colors of revelation.

spiralxveteran
1,376 posts

Posted:
My ex was Jewish and believe me her parents didn't like her not going out with a Jew. It wasn't even that they didn't like me per se, just that I wasn't Jewish rolleyes And these weren't even very religious people... it was more of a cultural bias and one that seems fairly common in the Jewish community from what I've heard from various friends.

As for religion the reason it started was as a method of control - sharing a religion is a way to bond a far larger group of people together than just the extended family. Plus it helps you to exclude other groups.

"Moo," said the happy cow.

ieuanBRONZE Member
holy man
110 posts

Posted:
Oh, no doubt. I just meant that for some, religion helps them be less of an arse to others biggrin Course a little peace and beerchugmakes people less whore-ish too.
Someone slide me a Tom Collins ubblol

Gather your harps from the willow trees, dust off the ancient strings. Call the bards and prophets, let them sing healing and freedom. Let light and love flow from the strings, colors of revelation.

Page: