joulzenlightened
187 posts

Posted:
k while chilling in an abandoned cabin up north lol i was chilling with a friend and we were kidna bored.. we were looking aroudn and found a long peice of string bout 3.5m long so i tied at one end a rool of cardobard lol ( a heavy one) and a littel plastic shovel.
heres the idea i concluded form it..:
itrs 1 string but with 2 weights.. the fact that the string is joined together gives u freedom of placement with your hands upon the string resulting in your capability to control how long u want the strings
so basicly advantage no1: leghten or shorten at will creats some sick FX
adv 2: new style
adv3: a new thing
+ u can do a whole lot of stuf u cant do with normal poi. and u can do all u can do with poi so... give it a try? wink

it must be green

Singed Piper (formerly Mark1)resident bagpiper
342 posts

Posted:
i think you're describing meteor, a chinese prop that evolved from a form in which a long chain has a bowl of fuel at each end and is spun with only centripital force keeping the fuel from dousing the performer and audience. it is now done with normal wicks, glow-toys, and uv-active toys. if i'm not mistaken, the store has a book and the UV-active flavour of meteor.

slainte beerchug

Q:What's the difference between the Great Highland Bagpipes and the Northumbrian Pipes?
A:The Great Highland Pipes burn longer.

joulzenlightened
187 posts

Posted:
[censored]... i guess i am describing that exact thing... never knew it existed though

it must be green

polytheneveteran
1,359 posts

Posted:
Also has the advantage of staff moves as well as the poi moves, for those who play with both smile

The optimist claims that we are living in the best of all possible worlds.
The pessimist fears this is true.

Always make time to play in the snow.

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
or you can put it on your head and wear it as a mildly amusing hat.

Tao StarPooh-Bah
1,662 posts

Posted:
only mildly amusing.

I would rate it lower than pants but higher than something edible and gooey.

I had a dream that my friend had a
strong-bad pop up book,
it was the book of my dreams.

musashiistarring Skippy the green llama
1,148 posts

Posted:
props to da book in the store too, good stuff for beginning meteor

First intention, then enlightenment..
Ars Pyronomica

" Life is programmed. Whether death is programmed or not is yet to be determined."

MikeIconGOLD Member
Pooh-Bah
2,109 posts

Posted:
Id rather just wear it as a belt. Bout as amusing as the hat but its also at least functional.

Let's turn those old bridges we crossed into ashes.
We'll blaze a new trail,
and torch the rough patches.

-Me

joulzenlightened
187 posts

Posted:
lol such fools:) but i'de rather learn on my own
i dont trust books to much when it comes to teaching me how to make 2 heads twirl around me without hitting me and besides
its almost the same thing as poi xept u cant pass it behind your back as easely and freedom of movement is restricted

it must be green

originalsmitSILVER Member
addict
469 posts
Location: nottingham, england. cornwall wales denmark or pra...

Posted:
nononononononooooo

metoers not a restricted version of poi at all. ive just started with them and i see endless possibilities trailing away into the far distance.
try doing stuff like poi into a twist to one handed then do a behind the back pass like a staff. then you can do continual contact spins with one hand if you are brave enough to make it fast enought to stay solid.
get yourself down to the meteor thread on other toys. muchos advice there from people much much better than me.
im just a beginner but it really is such a joyously simplistic and difficult toy. i really love it. since i rigged the fire ones (nice and heavy) and made my staff i have slowed down a lot on the poipractice as these are soo much fun.

my original signature was tooo long.
this one is shorter