Agnimember
28 posts

Posted:
I need help from a Cirque fan...

I'm looking for a birthday present to buy for a friend of mine, which is a trapeze artist.
I know she loves watching Cirque acts, but she doesn't have any of their videos.
So I'd like to buy one with a good trapeze show in it.
Which one would you reccomend?

Also, I'm looking for the soundtrack of an act of their which I've seen.
In that act, two Identical twins where doing double trapeze, both fixed and static, together.
The twins had black hair, and wore green outfits, if that should help anyone.
Anyone knows which show that has been taken from, or better yet, which song of the soundtrack that is?

Thanks a lot.

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
The girls aren't twins actually, believe it or not. It is in Saltimbanco, I watched them all yesterday while the painters worked on the house.
As far as trapeze artists, they don't really do traditional trapeze so...Does she like the ballet in silk? Dralion and Quidam both have really great examples of that. Saltimbanco and Mystere have single bar flyers. Alegria has the biggest contingent of flyers doing some really incredible stuff on this-box like set up with swinging bars.
"We Reinvent the Circus" (CdS's first big show)has some aerial stuff but it was mild in comparison.

Hope this helps.

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

Agnimember
28 posts

Posted:
Thanks, Pele. I was kinda hoping you'd be around
Are you sure they aren't twins?
Anyway, their trapeze show is probably the most amazing thing I've ever seen.

According to the CDS website, in Saltimbanco they only have a solo trapeze show (which is great), but I'm also looking for the soundtrack of the doube trapeze show.

Is "ballet in silk" the same thing as tissu (however that's spelled...)?
If it is then she does that, too, but I think that she'd be more interested in solo trapeze.

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
I have all the Cirque videos dubbed onto one continuous video and when I am trapped inside I watch them, one right after another!
Ballet in Silk is the long drapes of silk that people wrap themselves in and then do the tricks. In Quidam they use red silk, and in Dralion they use blue. I have no idea if that is the same as tissue though, does it sound familiar?
The single bar in Saltimbanco is the two girls, and if single bar is what your girl is into, then I think that show would be your best bet.
As for music, I also have all of their music downloaded and burned, but no names to it, I will check for you and see what I can dig up. I am still looking for the version of Habanera out of Mystere, it was amazing!

For what it is worth, I think this is really sweet of you!

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

Agnimember
28 posts

Posted:
Thanks for the help, I ordered her Saltimbanco, and I'm pretty sure she'll be happy
Tissu is the same as what they have in Quidam and Dralion, and is lots of fun, too. You should try it sometime

Oh, and it turns out that the name of the song is Amazonia. You people should all get it

Thanks a LOT for your help Pele, and see you next tour!