Forums > Social Chat > The importance of being short

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
Tao StarPooh-Bah
1,662 posts

Posted:
being short is GOOD. I get cheap clothes and let to the front at gigs and allowed to sit on people's ahoulders and stuff.

i can also get away with stuff cos noone sees me do it... tongue

sometimes i get trod on, but the other stuff makes up for it so i don't mind.

SHORT PEOPLE UNITE!!!! and get back at the tall people who left us out of their club. ubbcrying

I had a dream that my friend had a
strong-bad pop up book,
it was the book of my dreams.

jeje_meowsmember
13 posts

Posted:
i'm 5'1 yuuuuuuuuuus
i love being short i can asked cute bois....and cute taller gals to get somfin when i can't reach it plus i get to go upfront in all the concerts tehehe
oh and umm everythings great about being short
ubblove

jeje_meowsmember
13 posts

Posted:
oh yeah and short people look cuter spinnin poi

ubbloco

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
Ani = Ani Di Franco ubblove

A short Bio:
https://www.perfectpeople.net/biopage.php3/cid=578

what the herl, here's a gallery too:
https://www.chicagogigs.com/gallery/photos_archive/ani_difranco/photos.htm

her site:
https://www.righteousbabe.com/ani/

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

pounceSILVER Member
All the neurotic makings of America's lesser known sweetheart
9,831 posts

Posted:
Quote:

Who's Ani?

eek

you just totally need to be beat for that! spank

**sigh**

you really need to be introduced to the wonderful world of ani. you can also check out her website:
www.righteousbabe.com

oh, and bender, you are so right, and i'm still envious of you!

I was always scared with my mother's obsession with the good scissors. It made me wonder if there were evil scissors lurking in the house somewhere.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

**giggles**

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
she be righteous, she be a babe. she makes feminism not uncool smile

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
Quote:

You need to be beat for that

ok ok, I can't know every musican in the world can I!! I'll check out some stuff when I'm home after the weekend, infact I'll put in a search and see if anything has downloaded by the time I get home on Sunday...ok?! tongue

Let's relight this forum ubblove

Tao StarPooh-Bah
1,662 posts

Posted:
Quote:

i hate shopping for pants. i have a stack of pants that all need hemming

this confused me. A lot. confused

so you mean trooouuuuuseeerrs! Sorry i'm english. rolleyes

personally i just make my own - cheaper and more choice, and you can make the out of chairs and curtains and stuff which makes people think you're cool. cool

strong-bad pop up book,

DeepSoulSheepGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,617 posts

Posted:
I thought you were talking about Annie with the red hair from the musical.

Quote:

Being short is one of the things that has made me me, and for that I'm very thankful...

Funny, I had the idea in my head your were tall Charkles.

I also under the impression that Arsn was short for some reason confused ......aahhhhh, it's a glitch in the matrix.....

I live in a world of infinite possibilities.

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
I think its Arsns avatar that makes him seem short biggrin
I thought the same thing too. smile

Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Im in a lonely battle with the world with a fish to match the chip on my shoulder. Gnu in Binnu in a cnu

squarefishSILVER Member
(...trusty steed of the rodeo midget...)
403 posts

Posted:
Dear all,
ubbrollsmileTHIS THREAD HAS BEEN HIJACKED BY THE AVERAGE SOCIETY AND SHALL SOON BE DRIVEN INTO A WALL......BOOYA!!! ubbrollsmile

Kind regards, etc.
Square(average-heighted)fish

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
Hurrah for short people smile

Well half of them. Being a short bloke's just annoying and causes nothing but difficulties, hurt and occasionally a sore neck. It also severly limits the choice of ladies available (not that I'm looking...)

Short girls just seem to get the good things and are much cuter than tall ones.

Meh and most definitely eeep

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

Tao StarPooh-Bah
1,662 posts

Posted:
one of the bestest things is that i like jumping and for some reason short people are allowed to be jumpy more than tall people.
ubbrollsmile

strong-bad pop up book,

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
hey down there (from my high vantage point)... wave

my girlfriends short (5'5") and cute so i guess i gotta give short girls some props
too! ubblove

tao, i think you're onto something, i can't jump to save my life cos i never usually have to!!!

nothing wrong with being short in my books... not that i know anything about it! biggrin

It is our fantasies that make us real. Without our fantasies we're just a blank monkey' - Terry Pratchett

KiwiBexmember
69 posts

Posted:
Quote:

nothing wrong with being short in my books... not that i know anything about it!

Yeah man! not so tall people, dont feel that the giants are being hostile! If I may speak for the group, we are all BFGs (big friendly giants). Ahh, Roald Dahl, he created the perfect world!

I said perhaps, and thats FINAL.

I love my length!

pounceSILVER Member
9,831 posts

Posted:
wait arsn's not short???

ahhh, there's definately a glitch in the matrix! i'm with DSS...i thought charles was tall and arsn was short.

and yes tao star.....pants = trousers tongue

I was always scared with my mother's obsession with the good scissors. It made me wonder if there were evil scissors lurking in the house somewhere.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

**giggles**

SpitFireGOLD Member
Mand's Girl....and The Not So Shy One
2,723 posts

Posted:
*wanders in*

I was under the misconception 5'5" was average, but perhaps I had delusions of granduer...or mediocre...or something.

Anyway, where should I place the chocolate covered strawberries? Oh and there are regular strawberries and such for those who don't like chocolate.

Solitude sometimes speaks to you, and you should listen.

spritieSILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
2,014 posts

Posted:
aww...thankies. ubblove She's been around me long enough to know that I'm about the only female that dislikes chocolate.

takes two of the fresh strawberries

Short is definitely a good thing...of course, I think that's because I've managed to master the short and cute thing. I think my body would be a little out of whack if you just elongated it.

trixyBRONZE Member
100 posts

Posted:
i am short (5'2) very short. many of my friends are also short and many a free period at collage will find us in the drama suit locking my mate megan in a stationary cubord for our tutor to find at the start of the lesson. ubblol

one bad thing about being short is that people tend to assume that you are more adgile and can clime trees, also that you like being picked up and spun round or carried off across the room.

all in all i wouldn't want to be tall and average is a bit to mundane sounding. 5'6 is the hight i would like.

luv trixy ubbangel

THAT'S ABOUT AS SENSIBLE AS STANDING ON A HILL, IN A THUNDER STORM, HOLDING A GOLF CLUB AND SHOUTING AT THE TOP OF YOUR VOICE /ALL GOD'S ARE *BASTADS* -THE GREAT TERRY PRATCHETT.

SpitFireGOLD Member
Mand's Girl....and The Not So Shy One
2,723 posts

Posted:
Yes, I learned spritie. biggrin I am trainable...

I'm not used to being called small....or ickle even. it's gunna take some getting used to....

Solitude sometimes speaks to you, and you should listen.

spritieSILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
2,014 posts

Posted:
ubblol I certainly would never call you short. But then, you are taller than me and I generally only think of people as being short if they are my height or shorter.

fake teeth and glueBRONZE Member
Checking who's online, watching you!
1,972 posts

Posted:
one thing i hate about being short is that my friend who is tall says thing like "look at that sunset, oh hang on you might not be able to see it from down there" and "whats the view like from down there?" on the other hand i have an advantage when we are chucking things at each other because there is more surface area for me to aim at.

i am short, this information can be obtained by looking at my location. i live in a box, i didn't mention however that it is in fact a match-box. it is a pain every time i want to type a post i have to put little lead pelits in my pockets and jump up and down on the keyboard. i started writing this reply before the thread was even started, using my phycicakonetikaletical powers to see into the future.

in short i am short. ubbloco

you just lost the game!!!!!! !!!!!

knowledge is power, power corupts, study hard, become evil.

_VT_SILVER Member
Your Face!
1,173 posts

Posted:
SHORT PEOPLE ROCK! I have nothing against height challenged people. Actualy i have a thing for short females. they are alway's so cute and not to mention fiesty! ubblove most of the girls i have dated where short. i love short people.the most fun i have ever had was with my friend kayla who is 4'8"

Heroism on command, senseless violence, and all the loathsome nonsense that goes by the name of patriotism - how passionately I hate them!
-Albert Einstein-

Peanut butter... It fills the cracks of the soul! -Paul Blart-

pounceSILVER Member
9,831 posts

Posted:
Quote:

i am short, this information can be obtained by looking at my location. i live in a box, i didn't mention however that it is in fact a match-box. it is a pain every time i want to type a post i have to put little lead pelits in my pockets and jump up and down on the keyboard. i started writing this reply before the thread was even started, using my phycicakonetikaletical powers to see into the future.

LMAO!!! ubblol

see, that just proves my point. short people are just too darn cute! go us!!! biggrin

**giggles**

zwitterionSILVER Member
52 posts

Posted:
i think teeth's post made my day.

arsnHow do you change this thing???
1,903 posts

Posted:
What really gave you the idea I was short??? I mean I wont complain, it means I could go back on all of those really cool kiddie rides again... rolleyes

I can't hear you... I have a banana in my ear.

"You mean I'll have to use my brain?... but I use staff!!!" ~ ben-ja-men

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
Im the short one

smile 5' 4"

TAJ "boat mummy." VALURA "yes sweetie you went on a boat, was daddy there with you?" TAJ "no, but monkey on boat" VALURA "well then sweetie, Daddy WAS there with you"

zwitterionSILVER Member
52 posts

Posted:
beat 5'3"

pounceSILVER Member
9,831 posts

Posted:
i've got ya beat zwitterion wink

i have no idea why i thought you were short arsn. one of those strange things that just happens over the internet i think.

**giggles**

Sir_Sheepold hand
725 posts

Posted:
5'1"

Spoiling Christmas for small children since 2003.

trixyBRONZE Member
100 posts

Posted:
children, children it matters not who is shorter than who, but that we are all short people together. the united republic of shortness.
short HOPers of the world unite.

ok, well anyway i am about 5'2 as far as i know, so i am already beat.

luv trixy ubbangel

THAT'S ABOUT AS SENSIBLE AS STANDING ON A HILL, IN A THUNDER STORM, HOLDING A GOLF CLUB AND SHOUTING AT THE TOP OF YOUR VOICE /ALL GOD'S ARE *BASTADS* -THE GREAT TERRY PRATCHETT.

Page: