vanizeSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,899 posts

Posted:
I have a favor to ask of those of you in the London area. Can any of you loan me a couch to sleep on for one night a week from today (on March 3rd)? I am going to Paris for that weekend, and it wound up being lots cheaper for me to go through London (no cheap airlines fly directly between Berlin and Paris till May).

I am arriving around 11pm that night at Stansted airport and leaving the next morning from Luton, so anyone located near one of those airports or in London proper would be ideal.

Anyway, I'll dig up a hostel or something if need be, but I figured it couldn't hurt to ask.

Thanks in advance. beerchug

-v-

Wiederstand ist Zwecklos!

WryTerraThe reason we say "European"
912 posts

Posted:
I'd offer. I'm *reasonably* near stanstead...

just I have two room mates and no couch. Still, with no other offers, get back to me and I'll ask them if they mind a random sleeping on the floor in the lounge? smile

"We have done the impossible and that makes us mighty" - Mal Reynolds

"I can't tell the difference between an electron and a cat" - Brother of a friend

vanizeSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,899 posts

Posted:
cool, I'll keep it in mind. beerchug
I'd be happy enough on the floor anyway - so long as it isn't cold, I can be comfortable.

-v-

Wiederstand ist Zwecklos!

DeepSoulSheepGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,617 posts

Posted:
Can't offer a place I'm afraid, but maybe some random advice...

Stansteads in a bit of a mad place when you're passing through. We were there for 6 hours on saterday on the way home and went to a place called Bishop - Stortford ( confused) or something which is only a few mins from stanstead if you're stuck it's close anyway.

If you end up heading for London city, I'd recommend the bus. It's only a fiver conpared to twenty something of the train and only takes 20 mins longer.

I'm sure someone'll be able to help though...

I live in a world of infinite possibilities.

Tao StarPooh-Bah
1,662 posts

Posted:
well i live in archway, but we're on tube & bus and i have a huge house that normally has at least 1 free bed every night.

PM me if this is any help.

I had a dream that my friend had a
strong-bad pop up book,
it was the book of my dreams.