Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > Dublin Juggling Convention 10th -12th March apparently?

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
DeepSoulSheepGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,617 posts

Posted:
ubblol

MARCH 10-12th eh? ubbrollsmile

As soon as the Doctor hears anything it'll be on the website here.....

Goes back to hiding in the real world! ubbloco

EDITED_BY: DeepSoulSheep (1141308463)

I live in a world of infinite possibilities.

Helen_of_PoiSILVER Member
lapsed spinner
412 posts

Posted:
hugs for the good doctor.

Am i the only one seeing a blue banner thing with Barry's contact details that covers up some of the info?

Maybe i just can't get him out of my mind...

Helen_of_Poi

EJC Ireland 2006 Organisational Team

doctor_fandangoGOLD Member
co-director of A.C.B.I.S.H.A.
761 posts
Location: in the corner beside the filing cabinets, 2nd floo...

Posted:
appartently theres some problems with anyone using 'firefox'. i didnt make the whole site tho, its just a tmeplatefrom dublin.ie , and i change the content.so if youre usin firefox, you might have some problemos

There's no place like 127.0.0.1, There's no place like 127.0.0.1, There's no place like 127.0.0.1,

"in most of our friends we're the hippies. but we have hippie friends of our own.. its like a dog having its own pet" - H. Sinoquet 19-03-2005

gerireMember
17 posts

Posted:
If you are using the latest version of Firefox, right click anywhere on the screen on the dublin.ie page and "View page in IE tab"

GF is away on a hens weekend in Galway next weekend so assuming Im not working Ill hopefully make it into atleast the Friday, maybe more, and get to meet you guys finally.

newgabeSILVER Member
what goes around comes around. unless you're into stalls.
4,030 posts

Posted:
Well, you lot clearly have stamina organising a Dublin then a European. Good on ya! Wish I could be there, but I'll have to see you later hug When it's warmed up a bit... I been hearing about this cold malarky and it's not my thang I tell ya! So keep each other warm and have a big group hug on me, OK sunny grouphug sunny

.....Can't juggle balls but I sure as hell can juggle details....

milkajourneyman
89 posts

Posted:
Written by: doctor_fandango

will you not be attending the paris convention milka?

so let me get this straight; theres a juggling convention, in dublin, on 10-12 march 2006.

I won't be in Paris either : there's another convention in Toulouse on the same week end and it's a really good one (2000 people attending the fire show last year). Moreover, how could I resist the Toulouse attraction ? This is such an incredible city biggrin

I'll try to come to Galway anyway, I miss Ireland too much ubbrollsmile
EDITED_BY: milka (1141645530)

lapsed spinner
412 posts

Posted:
More info, including artists performing in the public show here

Can't wait!

juggle weavesmiley juggle

Helen_of_Poi

taintedaddict
422 posts

Posted:
yey i cant wait...... juggle juggle the line up for the show looks amazing juggle

There are no stupid questions, only stupid answers...

Psycho_lemmingSILVER Member
Running hippy spinning lemming
15 posts

Posted:
Helen....

hug hug hug hug hug

how are you???

can someone who is luckily enough to be going give Helen a huge hug from me in real life

pleeeaseee....

mwa.... x x x

Fear leads to anger; anger leads to hate; hate leads to suffering...

lapsed spinner
412 posts

Posted:
You'll all be in Meeting House Square for the fireshow at the time ubbangel but one of our very special public show guests will be featured on RTE's Late Late Show on Friday night. So tell your parents to watch it!

hug's to Natalie

Will you be joining us in July for the EJC m'lady?

Helen_of_Poi

taintedaddict
422 posts

Posted:
ubbcrying just my luck...i have pink eye.....its horrible and sore (itl be cleared up before friday-i hope so im not gonna give it to everyone else ) but also the chinese circus is in belfast fri, sat and sun..........Grrrrrrrrrrrr waiting all year and they pick this weekend to perform......typical but oh well guess im just gonna have to make up for it by havin a wonderful time at the convention..... juggle beerchug still not sure where im staying at thou rolleyes

ado-pGOLD Member
Pirate Ninja
3,882 posts

Posted:
eek

hug

I thought pink eye was something people only got on tv!!!

Hope you get better soon!!!

We're off to see the wizard... i mean the chinese state circus... tonight...

tell y'all all about it tomorow...

Love is the law.

761 posts

Posted:
is pink eye the common word for conjunctiveitis?? if so my boss has it, he looks like some weird satan/vampire combo, pretty scary stuff.

get better soon no matter what you have honey! :huggles:

There's no place like 127.0.0.1, There's no place like 127.0.0.1, There's no place like 127.0.0.1,

"in most of our friends we're the hippies. but we have hippie friends of our own.. its like a dog having its own pet" - H. Sinoquet 19-03-2005

newgabeSILVER Member
what goes around comes around. unless you're into stalls.
4,030 posts

Posted:
Hey best wishes hug hug hug all you Dublin organiser people! hug hug

Here's some congratulations in advance...clap clap

.....Can't juggle balls but I sure as hell can juggle details....

RonopotamusGOLD Member
addict
412 posts

Posted:
Oh no! Not the Chinese State Circus!!!.... hopefully not biasing anyone's opinion too much before they see them but, I was horribly dissappointed by their show in Galway frown Mostly because I went to see the shaolin monks and it turned out to be "shaolin wu-shu warriors" TM, plasticy, cheesy, sacrilidge, skimpy flintstone wearing, warriors...
However if you're going for the circus side of things... yes there was definatly some cool moments
My overall judgement of the show was so clouded by my shattered expectations that I couldn't really enjoy it. However the majority of people I went with had a good time, so hope ye all enjoy it.

I've been having a superlovelyintenslypoifiying experience hree in germany with Olivier and Doro for the past week, and looking forward to continuing it in Dublin.

See ye all there

ubbrollsmile

Don't bolt your door with a boiled carrot...

ado-pGOLD Member
Pirate Ninja
3,882 posts

Posted:
i know exactly where you are coming from. I studied traditional kung fu for years and am a purist that goes way beyond geekery. ubblol

but i love a wacky chinese kung fu movie...

if ya know what i mean wink

there are no shaolin monks left alive. none... its very sad but true...

Love is the law.

RonopotamusGOLD Member
addict
412 posts

Posted:
really? ubbcrying

that really is very sad

I remember seeing a black and white photo of a shaolin monk (or perhaps it was a different kung fu master/fella) running along a wall.... really beautiful...

meditate

ubbcrying a tear for the world's loss

Don't bolt your door with a boiled carrot...

ado-pGOLD Member
Pirate Ninja
3,882 posts

Posted:
yeah

There are alot of kung fu schools in the shaolin region and so they use the name and location. But traditional shaolin kung fu, as it was, is no more.

Its worth bearing in mind, there are over 120 different styles of 'traditional kung fu'. there are probably a hundred more variations in the west that are simply pretending to be kung fu, teaching people a shadow of something great. that too is a travesty.

/bites his tongue before he goes on a kung fu rant/

yay for conventions!!!!

smile

Love is the law.

761 posts

Posted:
yeah, speaking of shaolin & kung fu, theres a juggling convention in dublin this weekend 10-12th march , for details check www.dublin.ie/juggling

ado-pGOLD Member
Pirate Ninja
3,882 posts

Posted:
aw c'mon baz

i did stop redface

:P

Love is the law.

761 posts

Posted:
yes u did, good boy.
1 big sleep then convention time
RAAAAAAAAAA!!! bounce

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
ubblol

See you guys all tomorrow... will be sending round an email later biggrin

And I didn't realise that Grant and Hillas and Flora were coming down too! That rocks biggrin

Laters hug

Getting to the other side smile

squarefishSILVER Member
(...trusty steed of the rodeo midget...)
403 posts

Posted:
Until tomorrow then....
toodles

taintedaddict
422 posts

Posted:
yey we belfast lot get around ubblol yey got a gig tonight then im all set....well sorta....maybe....Mmmmmmmmm i really should be more organised. redface oh yey my eyebals have stopped leaking........(pink eye is when you have the sever bacterial -i know i cant spell, conjuntivitis baz) smile bounce

goldoroxstranger
13 posts

Posted:
hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug

coucou amelie, adrian, clare, lisa, colleen, james, rob, ronaaaaan and the dublin poiple!

ok, ok, we send u back ronan...grrr. we could have kept him here much muuuuch longer ubblove

if u want a sneak preview of what the best player of ireland has been up to in germany, go to alphalight's gallery.

(well, yeah, not as exciting as arashi, the world master, but almost...)

meditate

we think of u, have a great time!

poipoibutterandmolagahoneytoast

hoophooplala sunny

doro*

gerireMember
17 posts

Posted:
oh man. Im baby sitting my 7 year old niece since early this morning, Im dying since too many pints last nite.

Ill still be in tonight tho, dont know about tomorrow. Looking forward to meeting ye folks.

Where exactly is meeting house sq? Is that just the main one in Temple Bar?

Are we planning on a few quiet drinks afterwards?
EDITED_BY: gerire (1141994455)

squarefishSILVER Member
403 posts

Posted:
no quiet drinks

ONLY NOISEY ONES!!!!

taintedaddict
422 posts

Posted:
hey me, nicky and alister are leaving at 4:30..... im driving them mad at the mo by asking "can we leave yet?" "can we leave yet?" but i suppose they have to work (to keep me in the life i deserve hahaha ubblol) looking forward until tonight bounce peace clap beerchug juggle weavesmiley biggrin spank wink

gerireMember
17 posts

Posted:
Missed the whole weekend apart from the opening nite in Meeting house Sq because of work. Argh!!

Pictures uploaded here

https://homepage.ntlworld.com/gerire/DJC/index.htm

squarefishSILVER Member
403 posts

Posted:
Couple of nice ones of me in there!

thanks gerire!

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
biggrin biggrin biggrin

Nice work gerire!!! hug

Thanks so much to everyone for a great weekend biggrin biggrin hug

Woohoo for Mr Jools biggrin biggrin biggrin

(and mucho thanks to those who took part in, stage-managed or filmed the fireshow - you guys rock biggrin)

Getting to the other side smile

Page: