Forums > Social Chat > Anarchy, group poi, and states of being

Login/Join to Participate

LyraSILVER Member
spiny norman
314 posts

Posted:
'ello, this is my first post, so please don't be cruel, and yes i already did searches, so you can stop your traditional newbie welcome right now, anyways, i have a few questions:
ive seen a couple of pictures of people makeing anarchy signs with fire poi and wondered how it was done and how long the exposure should be for photographing it
secondly, im learning poi/ teaching poi with three friends, we have hopes to do group routines sometime in the future, such as cordinateing moves and such, anyways, i just wondered how much this had been done and if anyone has any tips
and finally, kind of a hippy question, what state of mind does twirling most compare to (dreaming, pain, giving birth(i guess thats the same as the last one), eating at a buffet, whatever)
peace and much luv

if you think that our kiss was all in the lips, come on you got it all wrong man, and if you think that our dance was all in the hips then, oh well, do the twist -The White Stripes

AdeSILVER Member
Are we there yet?
1,897 posts

Posted:
Quote:

ive seen a couple of pictures of people makeing anarchy signs with fire poi and wondered how it was done and how long the exposure should be for photographing it

Do you mean they were making the shapes with poi, or were they maybe a fire scultpure in the shape of the symbol?

and as per requested, I'll dispense with the welcome tongue

ubbrollsmile
welcome - I couln't help myself biggrin

ben-ja-menGOLD Member
just lost .... evil init
2,474 posts

Posted:
there are heaps of performance troupes that do choreo my tip is practise lots together as when ur in time it looks wicked when ur out of time it loses its effect. for me personally when im twirling and having a really good twirl (quite rare these days sadly) im not aware of anything else around me or even what im doing my body just takes over and my awareness steps out of myself, i find this only happens when im twirling in a remote place with only a small number of close friends around. usually when i twirl at our meets im focused on my technique

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourself, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous and talented? Who are you NOT to be?

LyraSILVER Member
spiny norman
314 posts

Posted:
thanks, i m not actually sure if it was poi or sculpture i should go back and check

if you think that our kiss was all in the lips, come on you got it all wrong man, and if you think that our dance was all in the hips then, oh well, do the twist -The White Stripes