Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
should be there tonight from about 8ish or so... biggrin

It is our fantasies that make us real. Without our fantasies we're just a blank monkey' - Terry Pratchett

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
well that went pretty well. the first durbs-less spin and the sky didn't fall down or anything bad like that. in fact it was a pretty good effort with seven of us... give yerselves a pat on the back! smile

see y'all on thurs...

It is our fantasies that make us real. Without our fantasies we're just a blank monkey' - Terry Pratchett

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
You'll be pleased to know I had a token spin on Thursday on a lovely beach in Goa biggrin

And Linda's "surprise" birthday present has already been used biggrin
(Somehow she guessed I was going to give her some poi...She just didn't know it was possible to get custom made giraffe ones wink )

Word

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
ubblol reprazenting in the sun... sunny

it was so cold this thursday we got through 1 1/2 tubs of parafin between four of us and were still in the pub by half ten for surreal actor's karaoke and pool! grrr.. bring on the winter, we can handle it....

p.s. angelblue <--- we were this colour

MrConfusedBRONZE Member
addict
529 posts

Posted:
You think it's cold there?? It's been snowing for the last four days here, got down to about -5 degrees yesterday! Too cold for spinning even!

Glad to hear you're all braving the weather better than me. Don't envy you the kareoke, though.

J

If you're not confused, you're not thinking about things hard enough.

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
ubblol it is... we hit -4 last week! we're really representing in every clime at the moment aren't we?

as for the kareoke, that's old hat... last night was psy-trance in The Star! bounce ubbloco we went on a recruitment drive and got about 7 new numbers to add to the list... well done boys! biggrin i also got a wicked picture of keith looking like he was mid orgasm while he was spinning... ubblol oh and for the record keith, because you never come online and read anything ---> you're a censored tongue

marnie, was a pleasure to meet you! apologies for my lack of conversational skills, i have a short attention span... hug

so anyway... we're gonna move inside for the winter. (yay!) back room of the Stoke pub. uv cannon, music, heating and fun. £3 contribution to the cost of the room. not sure when exactly we're gonna start but next weekend sounds good to me... watch this space for confirmation! ubbrollsmile

_Aime_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
Alright Dad, How're you?

Good. What do you want?

Money. So I can go to guilford.

I dont have any.

Balls.

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
goan goan.. summers coming.. lex is back... ed's around... lets get the drums out this week an have a party! biggrin :bounce

animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
So what's the plan this thursday, Dub?

I have a feeling Len is gonna want to head for Falmouth at silly times like 10 at night... I really should arrange with him What he wants to do...

Empty your mind. Be formless, Shapeless, like Water.
Put Water into a cup, it becomes the cup, put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, put water into a teapot, it becomes the teapot.
Water can flow, or it can Crash.
Be Water My Friend.

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
no idea... you can still come with me if you like, my sister's going some other way apparently... i still haven't packed..

tozGOLD Member
34 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Leaning_Towards_Corruption

So what's the plan this thursday, Dub?

Ditto Ed's question.. Really not feeling arsed to go all the way to London this eve, might see if I can sack it off and come with you guys for a spin!

By the way, Happy B-day mate!!! biggrin

ParafinfairySILVER Member
old hand
845 posts

Posted:
Hello children. Just to say that this Thursday poi is going back to its roots. Yes back to YORK ROAD CAR PARK top floor!!!!!! If its an amazingly warm night then we can go outside on the grassy area. We have some of the old people coming down for this hopefully so it should be a good night. Plans at the moment are to meet in the pub first but I'm still waiting to hear which one so I recommend anyone reading this should just go straight to the car park at 8:30ish onwards and we'll be there. Happy Thursday..... bounce bounce

Slicing the Loaf as we speak.

I need it..... Trust me!

newgabeSILVER Member
what goes around comes around. unless you're into stalls.
4,030 posts

Posted:
hey chaps is the Guildford meet a juggly one too? I have a mate who's staying with his parents in the area but he;s not into poi.. good juggler and lovely mate... oh yeah Lex, you know him: Tom who camped at Earthcore with us!

.....Can't juggle balls but I sure as hell can juggle details....

animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
It is a juggly meet, but it's a dark one too...

I'll be back down in a few weeks time for some firey fun and games... biggrin

EDIT: Hang on... I know nothing about the car park... Does that mean it's a non acrylic friendly, concrete ground? AHHH!!!
EDITED_BY: Leaning_Towards_Corruption (1145799542)

Empty your mind. Be formless, Shapeless, like Water.
Put Water into a cup, it becomes the cup, put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, put water into a teapot, it becomes the teapot.
Water can flow, or it can Crash.
Be Water My Friend.

old hand
845 posts

Posted:
To be honest the Sunday one is better for juggling due to light but Thursdays are good for a laugh - you don't *have* to do poi!! I've spoken to Tom online a bit, I'll talk to him about it. Gabe, you must come to at least one!!!

Ed, don't worry the car park is concrete but to my knowledge we're only doing one night there which will be this Thurs. Kind of a reunion for the old people if they can make it so we thought we'd bring it back to where it started for the night. Will be back at the river after this one.

I need it..... Trust me!

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
i'll get the zimmer frames ready... smile

_Stix_Pooh-Bah
2,419 posts

Posted:
*gets in the que for a zimmer frame*

waves at Lex.. looking forward to hearing all about your travels!

xx

I honour you as an aspect of myself..

You are never to old to storm a bouncey castle..

old hand
845 posts

Posted:
Yay so you'll be there? Heard from Dr Noodle that she'll be there too woooooooooooooooooo.

Maybe we could try spinning the zimmers??

I need it..... Trust me!

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
See you at the carpark!!

Yay for old skool ubbrollsmile

"...We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing......."

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
bumpety bump biggrin

ill be there around 7 smile

"...We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing......."

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
Bah humbug tongue

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi

_Stix_Pooh-Bah
2,419 posts

Posted:
missed you last night Durbs.. but I know you were there in spirit!

It was really sureal to see everyone again.. but we've got a picture or two to prove it!!

Great to be all together again..

I honour you as an aspect of myself..

You are never to old to storm a bouncey castle..

old hand
845 posts

Posted:
Yes, that was definately a good night at the car park. Security was nice, you never know, eventually he might have a quick spin on his rounds like Asif did. Yay to nice security!! I'm putting a pick up in my gallery now as I don't know how to put it in the post.

Next one will be the last Thursday of the month and I'm not giving up on G & Vev and Luke....

Nice to see everyone hug hug hug

I need it..... Trust me!

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
Hello you buch of over cooked breaded luvlies!

Is the stoke on sunday? What time?

I need summit to do sunday afternoon and the pub sounds like a good plan! biggrin

So anyone going to be around?

Dub / Lexy?

Ill give you guys a call saturday if your too slack to reply here wink

hug

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
yesyesyes... we'll be there from about 5.30 depending how slack we are (and we are very slack)...

wicked spin last night got some of the best photo's i've taken in ages (see gallery) and some really nice burns... and loadsa people we haven't seen for ages showed up which was real nice! biggrin

i got even more excited after tom showed me the new website we're about to launch hich is looking seriously lush ubblove. he's done a really top job of it.. i was so excited i couldn't get to sleep...
bounce
see you on sunday!

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
wicked afternoon at the pub yet again ubbrollsmile

you guys really should get some pictures of it up on here to tempt people down - its a perfect practice space!

great to see you all again - i tell ye since that durbs guy left this meet has come on leaps and bounds wink

ubbrollsmile

see you by the river very soon no doubt!

juggle

oh and can i be the first to say

cough

Great work dude!

biggrin

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh.... shiney new website biggrin

Very nice...

hug

Getting to the other side smile

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
glad you like it! still ironing out a few bumps and things but should be ready to tell people about soon... wink

nice one tom! biggrin

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
hmmmm... looks like we may have to retreat to the car park tonight as it's rain and gales forecast...
rolleyes

tom was up late last night tweaking the website again if anyone's interested... any feedback as to what you like or what we can improve is appreciatd! biggrin

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
Dub anychance you getting there before 9pm wink

earlier the better really coz ill have to head off around 10ish... i can get there for 7?

as for website suggestions:

1 - move the menu on the left up a few rows so its not halfway down the page smile

2 - put up that picture of the wirewool on the river smile

Niether of which are important - the site is looking sweet cool

Page: ......