Please see the new thread:

[Old link]

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

tozGOLD Member
34 posts

Posted:
Wow, just realised the Happy Thursdays thread was buried in the depths of 2004! This simply won't do, especially since the weather's getting nicer every week... come on people! bounce I'll be there tomorrow, and hopefully someone else will too!

wave Yay, summer!

ParafinfairySILVER Member
old hand
845 posts

Posted:
Aw, I heard that snow and frost was on the cards for England in the next few days (seriously)!!! Still it doesn't stop all of us plus the pub is always warm... smile Hope you have a good night!!

Slicing the Loaf as we speak.

I need it..... Trust me!

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
Not sure about spinning - a little bit damp and cold, but Scruffy's is always so warm and welcoming biggrin

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi

NadishomeLiving life to the full!
177 posts

Posted:
Hey just wondering what times the meet up and where it takes place and exactly where as have a council meeting thursday next week as i did tonight! but would love to come along.

Life is short!
So lets leave a mark,
for people to remember!

tozGOLD Member
34 posts

Posted:
So just to confirm, there's no spinning tonight (Thurs) by the river, but we're still on for the pub this Sun? Am hoping we can have the pub anyway, since the forecast is RAIN! https://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/5day.shtml?id=2040
frown

Nadishome: Durb's directions at the top of the thread are still correct. Check out the Guildford Sunday Sessions thread as well! It is usually every Thursday, tonight is a rare exception! Anyways, hopefully see you soon!
wave

animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
The weather's a bit poo today...

What's happening?

Empty your mind. Be formless, Shapeless, like Water.
Put Water into a cup, it becomes the cup, put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, put water into a teapot, it becomes the teapot.
Water can flow, or it can Crash.
Be Water My Friend.

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
*blows thick layer of dust off the thread with an industrial strength leaf blower creating a giant cloud of ickle grey particles*

cough cough... i can't believe how deep this was buried! eek

anyway, i had a really good spin last night despite, or perhaps because of, the small turn out, heavy mash up smoke fest, coffee cup fuel container and a burn that's given me the biggest blister i've ever had.... biggrin

lets make sure we keep things going this winter even though all the fairweather crew seem to have dissappeared already! rolleyes
bounce

It is our fantasies that make us real. Without our fantasies we're just a blank monkey' - Terry Pratchett

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
smile

Glad people turned out - Southampton was fun too, but no fire (or smoking at the spin meet - which frankly, is just wrong wink )

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
Well, it's not raining biggrin

Anyone pootling along tonight?

I might even get there for 6 so there's still some light in the sky...

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi

ParafinfairySILVER Member
old hand
845 posts

Posted:
Please keep it going while Durbs jets off on his travels!!!! I couldn't bear for it to have stopped by the time I get back...

Slicing the Loaf as we speak.

I need it..... Trust me!

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
Indeed smile

Erm, can't make tomorrow night as I'm going to be rocking my socks off to Reuben in Islington Academy biggrin

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
splitter... tongue

It is our fantasies that make us real. Without our fantasies we're just a blank monkey' - Terry Pratchett

tozGOLD Member
34 posts

Posted:
Howdy all!

Well, it's a lovely evening for a spin and a spliff... will definitely have to head down the river this evening. This time I'll try to arrive before everyone's gone home to bed...!! ubblol

It sucks, because Thursdays are by far my busiest day of the week at the mo... frown I'll try not to be too late.

Am still very much up for Sundays too. It's much better to practice in daylight.. Durbs: Do you think we'll be able to use the Stoke pub again?? I know a fair few people who are interested in learning poi, I'll have to kick their ass down to the river to beef up the numbers!

Actually, having said that, probably won't be alive for this Sunday, since it's Hard House Academy 5 on Saturday.... Yay, LAB4! bounce2 bounce

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
what gets me about sundays is that i'm always somewhere else in the country instead... might be good to move thursdays inside again at some point if we can actually find anywhere.... smile

when do you get back lex?

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
Best of luck smile

I tried for ages to get an indoor venue for Thursday - it's very hard meeting all the criterea; lots of space, high ceiling, cheap/free, smoking possible (not necesarily inside, but close), music, open till at least 10....

Not sure about the Stoke on Sunday's, I've spoken to them briefly and they didn't seem uber-keen to have us back. Which is fair enough seeing as the room should cost £120 ish and we used to pay them £30 max - just not enough regular people on a Sunday frown (Or Thursday for that matter)

Ho-hum

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
SUNNY!! biggrin

bounce bounce2

I'll be getting down there early-early (6-ish) with some work chums, to soak up some erm...atmosphere wink

Should be a lovely night for a spin though

More poeple come!

This will be my penultimate Happy Thursday

eek frown biggrin

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi

tom2BRONZE Member
26 posts

Posted:
is this on next thursday and is it in the backline studios cos i heard mention of the backline place if it is i shall be there if not i need someones number to ring and get to meet me sumwhere as i will be on my lonesome

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
Haven't been in Backline for yonks smile
Just by the locks.

Should be on though - if it's raining, might just be some pub action instead biggrin

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi

tom2BRONZE Member
26 posts

Posted:
sweet i shall see ye there no matter what pubs are slowly turning into my second homes are u talking bout the pub over the bridge near debenhams?

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
yup - The Brittania

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi

tom2BRONZE Member
26 posts

Posted:
excellent this is a stupid question but du they normally have door people??

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
only at the weekend...

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
My last Thursday - and I don't think I'll make Sunday, so I think everyone should come biggrin

Dub - you got any of those pics up from Sat/Sun?

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
*ahem*

I said "Is anyone coming down this Thursday for my last poi night in the UK for a year?

wink

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi

tozGOLD Member
34 posts

Posted:
Durbs!!

First things first: definite spanking for not turning up on Saturday spank ....and again..... spank 'Twas awesome! :-D Em's place is even cooler than I imagined.. Stumbling drunkenly over the babies' graves was a bit of a weird one tho! umm But then, we were all completely ubbloco...

Wouldn't miss your last Thursday for anything! *checks forecast* Erm... heavy showers, wouldn't u know it!? Still, I'll be there. with bells on!

T.

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
Woot biggrin

Yeah - I know - Bad me for not coming...

But I do have rather alot on at the moment in my defence ubbangel

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi

tozGOLD Member
34 posts

Posted:
hehe

Oh yeah, u don't still have a whole heap of ball chain do you?? Have been thinking of putting longs chains on my monkey fists for a while now, if u have any spare that would be wicked!

ubbidea
(Have decided that long long chains is how James makes his spinning look so graceful!)

umm
(maybe...!)

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
Sorry forgot the ball chain - but...

Wow!
What a wicked night

Spinning till 1.30!
Proper hardcore

Wicked send-off guys biggrin

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
twas certainley one of my favourite nights by the river! more fire than i've seen there for ages... we need to do that more often.... biggrin devil

tom2 - was good to meet you, hope you an steph can make it down again!

tom1 - send me a text before the next meet an i might remember to bring that chain for you...

james - best of luck on your travels dude but please don't stay away for too long! hug

durbs - hope you have a wonderful trip man and don't worry, we'll take good care of your baby for you while you're gone... ubbcrying hug wave

*blows fanfare fairwell for durbs and goes out to the shops to buy an electremeric sliced bread cooker to take care of things with while he's away*

MrConfusedBRONZE Member
addict
529 posts

Posted:
Definately a good one to leave the country on! Thursdays just aren't going to be the same for the next couple of years...

Hopefully be seeing you all when I get back, whenever that may be!

If anyone wants to go on my e-mail list (found a nice free blog site with maps and everything!), pm me your addresses. Probably just being a bit useless, but I can't seem to find out how to grab addresses from the profiles. I'm sure I used to be able to do that.

All the best,
James

If you're not confused, you're not thinking about things hard enough.

Page: ......