Forums > Social Chat > Hitch Hikeing.........

Login/Join to Participate

_VT_SILVER Member
Your Face!
1,173 posts

Posted:
I might end up hitch kikeng to Houston,Tx. from Kansas City,Mo.. the route i will take is I-35 south to I-20 east to I-45 south. If anyone along this route could help me with a righ be it 10 feet or to the next town it will be most appreciated. right now this is only a thought swirling around the inside of my head and i know the dangers of hitch hikeing. I have been doing it since i was 16. If you can help thank you and god bless you!

Heroism on command, senseless violence, and all the loathsome nonsense that goes by the name of patriotism - how passionately I hate them!
-Albert Einstein-

Peanut butter... It fills the cracks of the soul! -Paul Blart-

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
dont be hitching bro...I had the worst experience when I was sixteen and hitching around new zealand... scary man and me and my friend were wigging out cause we didnt think he was gunna let us out... he was more than freaky...

just please be safe hug

TAJ "boat mummy." VALURA "yes sweetie you went on a boat, was daddy there with you?" TAJ "no, but monkey on boat" VALURA "well then sweetie, Daddy WAS there with you"

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
Any NZ is a lot safer than the US for hitching! On the opposite side of the hitching coin you've also got to be really quick at judging character by look before stopping to pick up hitchers. I've built up some really good instincts along the way. I can spot a cute European girl 3 miles away wink

_VT_SILVER Member
Your Face!
1,173 posts

Posted:
well, i am 23, i have hitc hiked to and from such plces as dallas,texas , new orleans,lousiana , san fransico,calafornia , los angeles,calafornia , Houston,texas , and atlanta,georgia so when it comes to hitch hikeing i know how to keep myself safe. It's just thay i have a place to stay waiting for me there along with a possible job opportunity. where i am at now i'm pretty much S.O.L and need to get down to houston. Since i don't have the money for a bus ticket i have no other way down there.

Heroism on command, senseless violence, and all the loathsome nonsense that goes by the name of patriotism - how passionately I hate them!
-Albert Einstein-

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
and we can all see dom form 4miles away, with that tallness, blond hair, black and org trim sexy jumper, and amazing brignt nice vib he projects, you cant but want to stop and pick him up!

Step (el-nombrie)

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
Quote:

Any NZ is a lot safer than the US for hitching! On the opposite side of the hitching coin you've also got to be really quick at judging character by look before stopping to pick up hitchers. I've built up some really good instincts along the way. I can spot a cute European girl 3 miles away wink

Was that European or "European"? ubblol wink

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

Mistress AuroraHot Schtuff
1,032 posts

Posted:
I wouldn't hitch hike if I were you it is very dangerous. Plus just recently there is suspicion of a seriel killer roaming the states in a big rig. A girl from OKC was murdered and found in TX.

Serial Killer

Even though he seems to be targeting prostitutes that doesn't mean he could break his cycle or something. I would be EXTREMELY CAREFUL AND CAUTIOUS. I would hate to find out that a fellow HoPper was harmed in any way. ubbcrying

If you do choose to hitch hike do take care and try to find people you know who are willing to lend you a ride peace hug
EDITED_BY: Mistress Aurora (1077488925)

RISK: Do not follow the common path; Go where there is no path and leave a trail.

bubblishisFalse Eyelash
346 posts

Posted:
My brother hitch hiked from Seattle to Ohio or thereabouts. And it was rough. Easier for boys than for girls, I think. Aside from spending a few nights on the side of the highway he was ok. Still...not fun sleeping on the highway.

Be safe. Keep your cell phone charged. hug

All the freaky people make the beauty of the world.

RovoGOLD Member
(the person actually known as Chris Bailey)
544 posts

Posted:
Thiers a hippie fellow that travels through my town when hes in the northeast andhes been hitchiking the country for about three years now From hitchiking hes pretty much fine except hes really tripped, burnt, and w/e elsed out but i guess if you would want to hitchike your life away That might be the way to go. But defiantly i think its easier for guys alot of people from my town seem to hitchike away from here but they always end up back. I'e only hitchiked once and that was home form a concert only 3 hrs away from my town so i don't know that much about5 it juss felt like puttin in my two cents smile

Peace, Love, Circles

FireSpiritSILVER Member
Classic 90's Fire Dancer... Poi, Staff, Doubles, and Breathing
743 posts

Posted:
Quote:

My brother hitch hiked from Seattle to Ohio or thereabouts. And it was rough. Easier for boys than for girls, I think. Aside from spending a few nights on the side of the highway he was ok. Still...not fun sleeping on the highway.

Be safe. Keep your cell phone charged. hug

It is alot easier for boys to hitch, I thumb to work every day. ubbtickled What I would suggest is a bit of Mace on a key chain. wink Its always a good idea to have when hitching rides long distance anyway, and its not a knife, or a gun where you could get yourself into trouble. eek Its a good idea to have a Cell as well.
Good luck my friend.
May the sun be on your face, and the wind at your back.
wave~Fire Spirit

FIRE IS ALIVE!
IT LIVES AND BREATHS!
IT CONSUMES, AND DISTROYS!
BUT WE CONTROL IT,
AND DANCE WITH FIRE!!

MrConfusedBRONZE Member
addict
529 posts

Posted:
I wouldn't say it's easier for boys to hitch. I've had a lot more trouble getting lifts than a lot of women I've met along the way rolleyes. I would say it's safer if you're male, not easier; "safer" being a relative term, hitching is never a particularly safe way of getting around. Can be fun, though. Something to do with the mentality of someone who would pick up a hitcher, they tend to be (from my experience) really nice, if occasionally slightly crazy, people ubblol.

J

If you're not confused, you're not thinking about things hard enough.

_VT_SILVER Member
Your Face!
1,173 posts

Posted:
well i sold my x box ubbcrying for the money for a bus ticket. so i will not be hitchhiking.

-Albert Einstein-

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
Shame you had to do that VT, and no one here could give you a lift. I
f I was driving through I'd have picked you up. I like picking up hitchers, you always end up having a good ole chat, maybe a smoke, share some stories, have a laugh and away you go. Good way to pass the time on a long boring journey and you get an enourmous sense of well being after helping someone cover what would be a great distance on foot.

Enjoy Houston VT!! wave

Let's relight this forum ubblove