Forums > Social Chat > should my friend quit smoking herbs?

Login/Join to Participate

joulzenlightened
187 posts

Posted:
k this is quite an unusualy question but were discussing this... yesterday while smoking like 4g's to 4 ppl, my friend (a smoker for bout 3 years now) jsut passed out and cracked his head on the conkrete. we got him up and all of a sudden he was coompletely concious, 2 secs later he passed out again. so he was clearly going in and out of conciousness. i am aware that he was badtripping but i'm wondering if u think that him passing out might be the cause of something like high blood presure, something in his head i dunno..... and if smoking might plat a role in this ( one worth quitting smoking for) confused help??
EDITED_BY: joulz (1077389044)

it must be green

mrFlibbleSILVER Member
Ghostbuster
455 posts

Posted:
sounds like a question for the Doc, but i would have thought that anyone losing consiousness should be checked by a doctor pretty soon to make sure there's not anything serious causing it.

also i think it goes without saying that quitting smoking whatever you're smoking is a good idea.

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
I think he definately needs to see his doctor and describe what happened, including a frank disclosure of his drug habits to the doctor.

And, of course, it is never medically advisable to smoke anything, be it tobacco, marijuana, or anything else. Kinda rough on the lungs, the blood vessels, and pretty much anything else in your body.

As for what can have caused this loss of consciousness, I can only guess, which isn't very useful.

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

joulzenlightened
187 posts

Posted:
i c not many ppl are interested int he question... but u c the replies i have gotten are from ppl who dont smoke.. therefor dont encourage it but i'm saying that smoking is a choice we make.. thats seettled. But if it ends up in more serious things like a friend dying while having a cuncution isnt worth smoking for lol thats the kinda anaswer i'm looking for.. if this is potentially dangerous

it must be green

pavementmember
121 posts

Posted:
I have friends who pass out and hit head n stuff after a heavy smoke.. Personally i would see a doctor.. And eat cakes instead of smoking............

kajicraftmember
2 posts

Posted:
hey ... im the guy who fainted lol sup?
i read alot on the net and well marijuana causes fainting... so its obvious.
i had been smoking alot that week so that mite of been the cause.
maybe something had to do with my bloodpressure cuz all i had was 1 toast in the morning until 12h00 which is when it happened.
but i gotta admit it felt scary. my eyes just blurred out and i felt such a strong feeling in my head i thought i was gonna cry. then i just started thinking and the next thing i know im on the floor .
its really the first time that i faint...
well if anything else like that happens.... ill be sure to quit smile but i am not the only one who has this since ive read alot on forums about people with the exact same thing.

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
Passing out is dangerous because not only does it mean that your body doesn't properly regulate its own blood pressure, but it also means that you can get seriously hurt.

There was the poor lady in the ER who I heard about who passed out and fell right through a glass table. It was touch-and-go for a while, but she did live. She'll need about 6 operations to put her face back together, though.

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

kajicraftmember
2 posts

Posted:
yes but u do know that marijuana does just that.
it makes you have irregulate blood pressure.

pounceSILVER Member
All the neurotic makings of America's lesser known sweetheart
9,831 posts

Posted:
that's all the more reason to quit though. just cause "it does that" doesn't mean you should continue to smoke it.

I was always scared with my mother's obsession with the good scissors. It made me wonder if there were evil scissors lurking in the house somewhere.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

**giggles**

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
I think the problem might be smoking to rediculas (sp?) excess. Like my Gran says...nothing's bad for you unless you have too much.
If you only wanna smoke to get incredibly stoned then you hardly even gonna remember enjoying it!
Also, light/moderate usage wouldn't cause these kind of abversive occurances in 99.9% of people. And as it was said above, try a cake once in a while but not oo much and read up on it first.

Oh and also expect to get this thread closed pretty soon as it isn't appreciated here by "those upstairs" when something illegal is discussed, especially drugs.....be it hyperthetical, cultural, factual and especially if you mention your own usage. Can't see why but that thems apples for ya!

Let's relight this forum ubblove

joulzenlightened
187 posts

Posted:
well.. u seem to knwoa lot about how the system works confused but thnx anyways as always this site is a great consutation place yet ppl never start huge threads bout my quotes.. meh peace

it must be green

Mr MajestikSILVER Member
coming to a country near you
4,696 posts

Posted:
*bump*

just because i find this thread amusing, especially that people were referring to Doc 5 (:O) years ago.

"but have you considered there is more to life than your eyelids?"

jointly owned by Fire_Spinning_Angel and Blu_Valley

Fire_MooseSILVER Member
Elusive and Bearded
3,597 posts

Posted:
this happened to me a couple minutes before i saw someone spinning a fire staff for the first time...pretty awesome

O.B.E.S.E.

Owned by Mynci!

HawkfeatherJYNothing is imposable to a sufficantly talented fool!
156 posts

Posted:
Your friend has a problem, You as a good friend want to help him. The truth is, only he can help himself by making the right choice for him. You are merely a bystander in the wayword torrent of life & you must be willing to except the responsablity of letting him make the choices he will make. Nothing says you can't try & sway him to the safer dicisions though. Maybe it would help him, by alowing him to understand that you care for him & don't want to see him hurt him self anymore. Some times just telling the truth, lets people know how much you actualy care for them. If he dosn't listen to you it is because the addiction is strong & he will not here the words of love you have for him. You may have to repeat over & over again your intent. But none the less keep trying. If you feel your friend is worth it, than he is.

Perception is truly in the Eyes of the beholder... So dream on with no Fear. ~Hawkfeather~York~

Fine_Rabid_DogInternet Hate Machine
10,530 posts

Posted:
How does smoking weed mean you have a problem? confused2

The existance of flamethrowers says that someone, somewhere, at sometime said "I need to set that thing on fire, but it's too far away."

156 posts

Posted:
If it causes you to pass out it becumes a problem.

Perception is truly in the Eyes of the beholder... So dream on with no Fear. ~Hawkfeather~York~

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
If being the important word.
However, there is no definite proof that it was the smoking that caused the blackout, rather than just a low blood pressure black out.

Old thread anyway. smile

156 posts

Posted:
ture that..

Mr MajestikSILVER Member
coming to a country near you
4,696 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: UnscrupulousChavOffersFootIf being the important word.
However, there is no definite proof that it was the smoking that caused the blackout, rather than just a low blood pressure black out.

which makes it all the more important to have seen a doctor. but meh they are (were) young and indestructible i bet. that said the friends getting him back on his feet so quick was probably the cause of the second blackout...

"but have you considered there is more to life than your eyelids?"

jointly owned by Fire_Spinning_Angel and Blu_Valley

Fine_Rabid_DogInternet Hate Machine
10,530 posts

Posted:
I've never heard of anyone passing out from weed...

Falling asleep, yeah...

But passing out? Never happened to me, and I smoke baaaaaaaaare.

The existance of flamethrowers says that someone, somewhere, at sometime said "I need to set that thing on fire, but it's too far away."