Forums > Social Chat > Starting an Arizona fire event?

Login/Join to Participate

OniTorastranger
13 posts

Posted:
At encanto park, in Phoenix, Arizona there is an SCA event every wed night. I saw someone fire juggling there last night. Woohoo! A place to spin! So, to be sure, I called the director of parks and recreation. He said the SCA rents the park that night, and it's up to them wether or not I can spin... Poi isn't european, so, likey they won't...

He however, offered to help me start a night of the week specifically for fire dancing! He said if I wrote up what happens, what objects are used, how the event is safe, fire dancers could have the park one night a week, or month!

WOOHOO! Here's my problem. I know one person who spins. How do I turn this into an event, or a haven for phoenix dancers? Anyone else ever built an event? Should I make flyers, advertising this as a sober rave? Should I try to get a few friends to go out there with me, and attract attention...? I'm looking at about a footbal field sized area of green grass, with almost no light. It'd be optimal for glow dancing too... I wanna go to a dancing event, and this is the only one I've ever found in Phoenix. Advice?

-=Dave

-=Dave

bubblishisFalse Eyelash
346 posts

Posted:
I have a hard time organizing my socks sometimes so I'm not the one to ask. tongue Definitely sounds like fun though. Seems to me like you may want to start small and let it evolve. Just because you have a lot of space don't mean ya gotta fill it.

Good for you for stepping up. beerchug

All the freaky people make the beauty of the world.

OniTorastranger
13 posts

Posted:
Yeah, my only concern about starting small, it the willingness of the park to clear a night for me, if I'm only gonna have 4 people showing up... Come to think of it though, right now, it wouldn't even be 4, it would be two. o.o

-=Dave

bubblishisFalse Eyelash
346 posts

Posted:
Yeah that might be a little anti-climacitc. Sort of like when Fisherspooner yells at the audience to cheer and go crazy but no one does....

All the freaky people make the beauty of the world.

OniTorastranger
13 posts

Posted:
... Spoon what? o.O

-=Dave