Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > Wild Marmalade's last gig-Friday 20th Byron Bay

Login/Join to Participate

KnoxiousGOLD Member
420 posts

Posted:
Wild Marmalade - The Last Dance

It's your last ever chance to get down to the alchemical synergy of one of the most innovative dance bands of the recent times as they're rocking their final gig this Friday 20th in Byron Bay.

If you caught them at the last two Woodfords' or last years Bellingen Global Carnival then you know how unmissable this final Wild Marmalade gig will be. If you've never heard them play - you want to be here to catch what will be a storming last set.

Powered by the deep didj grooves of Si Didj and explosive drum rhythms the two Matts; Ledger (Skin, Kangaroo Moon) and Goodwin this is real life dance music at its finest... infectious, hypnotic and completely improvised.

Adding to the vibe for the night will be a blazing fireshow from Byron's FlameOz firedancing troupe, blissful tunes from DJ Booth, scrumptious food and drinks from Rainbow Chai and esoteric lighting from Squiffy Vison and Temple State.

All will be held in Byron's best outdoor venue The YAC (youth Activities Centre), Gilmore Crescent, Byron Bay. *This is a drug and alcohol free venue - but hey do you really need them?*

Doors open at 6.30pm.

Tickets are $10 on the door.

For more info phone Dave (0407) 963 954

smile

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
Last gig?

What a shame - these guys are truly dancetastic!

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
WE ARE SO THERE!!!
and we will be bringing some \of the brissie crew... ubbtickled ubbtickled

TAJ "boat mummy." VALURA "yes sweetie you went on a boat, was daddy there with you?" TAJ "no, but monkey on boat" VALURA "well then sweetie, Daddy WAS there with you"

Helz BellzSILVER Member
lovin' it...
2,444 posts

Posted:
Is this the "doof" that lisa was on about??

Sounds great, yep I'll be there biggrin

Oh buggar - that's my wishful thinking AGAIN..... D'oh ubbcrying

Have fun guys..... biggrin

Live well, love much, laugh often...

Official O.B.E.S.E. cheerleader

.:* Moon Pixie *:.Carpal \'Tunnel
3,492 posts

Posted:
Last gig? ubbcrying Ever??? eek

Well I might have to venture down for my last boogie then ubbrollsmile (fingers crossed friday stays free for playing and not working)

*:...one day all the fairy fridges will be aligned and my pixie world will be complete...:*

BamBamPooh-Bah
1,810 posts

Posted:
It's today already biggrin lets party biggrin

Barmy me
ubbrollsmile

A kiss blown is a kiss wasted, the only kind of kiss is a kiss tasted.

I'm a woman. We don't say what we want, but we reserve the right to be pissed off if we don't get it. That's what makes us so fascinating and not just a LITTLE bit scary.

MrConfusedBRONZE Member
addict
529 posts

Posted:
Have a good one, these guys are so damn good! Pity I can't be there, will just have to content myself with playing their cd way too loud on the bus tonight biggrin!

J

If you're not confused, you're not thinking about things hard enough.

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
ubbtickled
*heaves a contented sigh*
oh wow
that sooo rocked hug

TAJ "boat mummy." VALURA "yes sweetie you went on a boat, was daddy there with you?" TAJ "no, but monkey on boat" VALURA "well then sweetie, Daddy WAS there with you"

.:* Moon Pixie *:.Carpal \'Tunnel
3,492 posts

Posted:
smile .:*joins in with contented sigh*:. smile

*:...one day all the fairy fridges will be aligned and my pixie world will be complete...:*

BamBamPooh-Bah
1,810 posts

Posted:
It rocked BIG TIME biggrin

Love to all who danced, laughed and enjoyed the night.

Bammy

A kiss blown is a kiss wasted, the only kind of kiss is a kiss tasted.

I'm a woman. We don't say what we want, but we reserve the right to be pissed off if we don't get it. That's what makes us so fascinating and not just a LITTLE bit scary.

- cat -member
48 posts

Posted:
ssssssssHHHHHHHHHHHHSSSSHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*puts fingers in ears and starts singing loudly and badly - tralala la-la* smile

....... umm

ubbcrying