Forums > Videos > up and coming videos

Login/Join to Participate

UcofCotesymember
61 posts

Posted:
Hey there all,
Just to let u know the UCOF chris video ( it has no name yet) will be out on general free download this if you can be bothered to watch it relese in there near future.... does anyone know of any good video editing software? that is possibly free? let me know if ya do let me know.
Also the joint UCOF video will be availiable (I still cant spell) after Easter.
See ya soon
Chris beerchug

Turkish Goggles
Distress
A chicken with one leg is like a bus with no wheels.......Useless, unless you have a rich imagination

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
I'm very excited, but can I ask a favor? Can you please use a conventional format, like .mpg? I know it has drawbacks, but it's also probably the most compatible format out there.

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

UcofCotesymember
61 posts

Posted:
no probs will do beerchug

Turkish Goggles
Distress
A chicken with one leg is like a bus with no wheels.......Useless, unless you have a rich imagination

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
woot!
i canst wait for another sweet UCOF video!
my harddrive partitions burst with delight!
:readies cursor over download manager icon: smile

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

UcofCotesymember
61 posts

Posted:
lol thanks bender should be done in a couple of weeks
beerchug

Turkish Goggles
Distress

ben-ja-menGOLD Member
just lost .... evil init
2,474 posts

Posted:
adobe premier is good and free if u know someone who has it wink if ur going to release a low res copy please also release a high res copy as a general rule between 5-10 meg per minute is just fine and dandy in my books biggrin cant wait to see it

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourself, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous and talented? Who are you NOT to be?

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
agreed, adobe premier is the sh1t but be careful and be sure to check that your capture device (whether it be a separate capture card or your graphics card) captures into mpeg4.

my one captures into mpeg2 and as such, is not compatible with premier which demands mpeg4.

i thought there would be a nice shareware codec converter around somewhere (or at least one that just does mpeg2 <--> mpeg4) but it seems i am more optomistic than i thought.

i have to use a crappy video editor which is why i never produce poi videos.
as soon as i get a new capture card, expect to see a slew of videos (using lots of old material) from me.

i wouldn't hold your breath though... wink

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

ben-ja-menGOLD Member
just lost .... evil init
2,474 posts

Posted:
have u tried capturing through premier? when i capture avis with other programs premier spits the dummy

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourself, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous and talented? Who are you NOT to be?

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
Quote:

agreed, adobe premier is the sh1t but be careful and be sure to check that your capture device (whether it be a separate capture card or your graphics card) captures into mpeg4.

my one captures into mpeg2 and as such, is not compatible with premier which demands mpeg4.

i thought there would be a nice shareware codec converter around somewhere (or at least one that just does mpeg2 <--> mpeg4) but it seems i am more optomistic than i thought.

Premiere Pro supports a wider range of capture devices / video files, but isn't entirely re-inventing the wheel - which is a good anad bad thing!
TMPenc is the mpeg4 convesion software yoo seek!
both are not free frown

ps i like yoooo!

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

UcofCotesymember
61 posts

Posted:
cheers for the feed back there guys didnt make total sense but i got the jist of it filming is still going on as lighting has been a problem but we seem to have it sorted. Half an hour to get two mins of usable film oh the joys
!!!!!
keep anymore info you have comin
thanks again
Peace Out beerchug
Chris

Turkish Goggles
Distress

ben-ja-menGOLD Member
just lost .... evil init
2,474 posts

Posted:
depending what sort of camera u have it should have settings to adjust the brightness/night vision. that or just find a really well lite area to twirl

UcofCotesymember
61 posts

Posted:
Sorry about the savage delay this is due to........
1. Terrible Weather.

2. unfortunate and unlucky camera work ( We thoght we were being clever but werent).

3. Trouble meeting up to film.

4. Wrong type of leaves on the line.

5. The fact that all undelivered mail in Britain is returned to Ireland.

It is coming i promise (the video not the mail)

Peace out
chris beerchug

Turkish Goggles
Distress

FrodoBRONZE Member
old hand
1,092 posts

Posted:
i want it i want it!!

please let me see it, please.... please please please...

please...

i know what i want and i want it now!! ucof ucof ucof off!!

pleasE?

passing through, this world still lives.

UcofCotesymember
61 posts

Posted:
Sorry dude no previews allowed..........but seen as you are so keen i could send you a couple of breakers that i got like...cant really give away too much though. Do you have msn? This is only due to the fact you are so persistant...btw i dont believe i am as good as jon so my vid probably wont be as spectacular.....but i will try not to disappoint.
beerchug

Turkish Goggles
Distress

FrodoBRONZE Member
old hand
1,092 posts

Posted:
boardrits@hotmail.com smile

UcofCotesymember
61 posts

Posted:
Got cha beerchug

Turkish Goggles
Distress

UcofCotesymember
61 posts

Posted:
Anybody out there got any ideas as to some little extras i could throw in?
I will take the top 3 say... and i will credit your ideas at the end of the Video.
let me Know
chris beerchug

Turkish Goggles
Distress

FrodoBRONZE Member
old hand
1,092 posts

Posted:
flames lots of flames!!

what about some double back summersaults!?

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
Quote:

Premiere Pro supports a wider range of capture devices / video files, but isn't entirely re-inventing the wheel - which is a good anad bad thing!
TMPenc is the mpeg4 convesion software yoo seek!
both are not free frown

ps i like yoooo!

cheers for zee tips.

i just got a capture card that has a firewire port and captures to mpeg4.
but then i relised my hdd was only 18.5gb (smaller than my mp3 player!) and very crap.
so i got a new one of them too.
and a web address to put things on when they are finished.
will have a go at making premiere work tonight... :fingazcrossed:

one thing i'd love to see pinned to the top of this forum is a 'compression settings' thread what tells us how to set up premiere to make decent quality vids that don't take 11 years to download.
however i'll probably just nag glarse, peakay or bloob when the time comes... smile

ps. i think yoooo is far too cool to have not got completely better already. be well again. now dammit wink

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

UcofCotesymember
61 posts

Posted:
could try them i guess cant promise much though beerchug

Turkish Goggles
Distress

UcofCotesymember
61 posts

Posted:
Sorry delays delay delays
The vid will be raedy for the end of Uni Hols
beerchug

Turkish Goggles
Distress

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
which is when?

wink

UcofCotesymember
61 posts

Posted:
Whwn we do ours numb nuts what like 4 weeks time i guess
beerchug

Turkish Goggles
Distress