masterfranklinmember
1 post

Posted:
Hiya..Is there a firedancing community in Leeds or Yorkshire??

I have been spinning since I baught my staff last year in Thailand and I'm really wanting to practice and meet like minded people----CAN ANYBODY HELP ME??

Jimmy

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
you allways have the sheffield community!

goto my website poiinthepark.net and find out there is a huge community based in yorkshire.

AjtagThe occasional one...
445 posts

Posted:
I will be movin to leeds at some point soon so if you are up 4 it?!

There are 10 types of people, those who understand binary and those who dont.
Enjoy - A

pengwinoBRONZE Member
suitable for vegetarians
300 posts

Posted:
Wooo, I made the decision over the weekend to move back up to Leeds at the end of this month!!

I was amazed at how many spinners/ jugglers there were in Hyde Park over the last 3 days, it was just fantastic... some really great ones as well as groups of people teaching each other... when did Leeds get so poi-obsessed?! eek biggrin

I take it there are no official gatherings any nights of the week in Hyde Park/ elsewhere in Leeds at the moment? There ought to be! And I'd love to organise something once I am back up there... anyone with me?

Ajtag - you there yet? Isn't Hyde Park just the funkiest place these days? I can't get over how impressed I was....

sunny weavesmiley juggle sunny

animals who are not penguins can only wish they were

pengwinoBRONZE Member
suitable for vegetarians
300 posts

Posted:
wave
Alright people - I move in 5 days.. where are you Leeds folk?! I know you exist..

Might have to run over to Sheffield when I can then and play there instead. Anyone in Leeds who ever reads this though, do get in touch ok?

bigginsSILVER Member
165 posts

Posted:
hey up,

in leeds looking for twirlers cos i'm very out of practice and need to get back into it

also, are there any juggling clubs in leeds (preferably where ppl don't take it all too seriously)

cheers

B

Wielding a Wooden Spoon

Baznewbie
7 posts

Posted:
hey dude my names baz i live in the hyde park area of leeds if your up some fire spinning me and my mates (about 8 of us) are looking to set up a fire tribe if you wanna come down for a burn in the park at some point give us a buzz smile

Baznewbie
7 posts

Posted:
hi mate my names baz me and my friends (about 8 of us) are looking to start a regular fire gathering down in hyde park (leeds) if your interested in meeting up to spin some fire sned us a reply smile

Baznewbie
7 posts

Posted:
hi mate my names baz me and my friends (about 8 of us) are looking to start a regular fire gathering down in hyde park (leeds) if your interested in meeting up to spin some fire send us a reply smile

Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
im in manchester but can travel

before i met those lot i thought they'd be a bunch of dreadlocked hippies that smoked, set things on fire ,and drank a lot of tea but then when i met them....oh wait (PyroWill)

Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
Ha pengwino just realise I have you in my phone Don’t think we have actually met though if we have I'm so so sorry I have a crap memory. I'm the little thing that lives in dark corners and jumps out so scare people Mwahhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!

before i met those lot i thought they'd be a bunch of dreadlocked hippies that smoked, set things on fire ,and drank a lot of tea but then when i met them....oh wait (PyroWill)

pengwinoBRONZE Member
suitable for vegetarians
300 posts

Posted:
I return!!!

Hey Baz, I'll send you a PM. Were you part of the fire spinning crowd last friday after the fireworks in the park? That was a lot of fun, but I didn't spin for long as the fair was beckoning biggrin ubblol

Mint Sauce.. yeah send me more scary texts.... and yes we did meet for all of about a minute one night at reading fest.. my memory is poor so i will forgive you. oh i remember - you accused me of being a newbie and/or never posting because you hadn't heard of me / didn't believe i existed or something along those lines, haha... smile

Biggins - you should gatecrash the university juggling society as there is a lot of poi folk go along to that.. it doesn't seem to matter if you aren't a student and it's all very relaxed and friendly and they are sure to welcome you with open arms. i've not actually been since their first meet unfortunately as i've been working monday nights, however - they meet in either the Refectory or the Riley Smith Hall in the Union from 7pm on Mondays.

big up to hyde park crew, see ya round... erm, if anyone fancies dropping by i live in the old pub beerchug (quite infamous in relation to the '97 riots i believe!) on hyde park road, down towards the bottom end.