Fire BunnySILVER Member
veteran
1,260 posts

Posted:
Hay hello how are ya'll? well as i said in my thread a wee while ago... my feet begine to itch. ow and no i dont have some icky feet fungus...i dont think... anyways i love my home very much, but im just longing to travel sooo much. i want to go every where. travel the world! iv always wanted to go somewhere and live for a wee while. i was thinking maybe somewhere in USA just a little town like nelson, or maybe some where over the other side. Scotland, Ireland area. iv had a few custermers come into work, the first one was scottish and i said that i was kinda thinking of heading somewhere over there to live for a wee while, and she said go to Ireland. the second one came it to my other job and i was chating to her and she said the same thing. that altho it was wet it was just such a lovley place. the 3rd were husband and wife form Ireland and i hit them up about it too. least be said they encarnted me with their storys. saying that the males over there were charming (to witch i replied anyone that speeks to me with that gorguse accent will have me smiten) they said theres a saying over there "charm the pants off you" witch we have here to but use diffeantly. and that that was what they tryed to do and their ambition in life. ubblol but mostly i want to go over there because i here that people are just so lovely. and that the except anyone... and party heaps! (alto as im not much of a beer drinking i might put myself to shame...)

anyways im and really thinking that itd be great to move over there and was wondering if there where any hoppers from Ireland or that have been to Irland etc and if you could tell me alittle more about it (coz i really dont no that much) and where would be a nice place to go.... that type of thing. so if you could thatd be grate biggrin PM me to if you want. thanks

What if we think the jokes on them,
But really - the jokes on us....

and also... i wuv Rougie *snuz*

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
Miss Coney, I will tell you all about them next month. Yaya for mememmeme. ubbrollsmile
You already know Dav at least!!!!!!.

hug hug hug hug hug

Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Im in a lonely battle with the world with a fish to match the chip on my shoulder. Gnu in Binnu in a cnu

Fire BunnySILVER Member
veteran
1,260 posts

Posted:
whats happaing next month?

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
How about you move to Perth Australia??????

Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Im in a lonely battle with the world with a fish to match the chip on my shoulder. Gnu in Binnu in a cnu

Fire BunnySILVER Member
veteran
1,260 posts

Posted:
but what would i do there? id need a good job so i could get some money and then travel the long way round on the way home...

DeepSoulSheepGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,617 posts

Posted:
Ireland's cool. cool
Really it is. biggrin

In a rush but I'll write more later.
Any questions?

Oh....and yes....yes we are. kiss

I live in a world of infinite possibilities.

Fire BunnySILVER Member
veteran
1,260 posts

Posted:
yeah how much dose it cost to live, is it easy to get a job, a job that pays ok, whats it like to rent/flat, is it really cold, i no it rains heaps, umm umm umm... what are the people like (even tho i no youll say charming! biggrin) im sure ill think of heaps more later

FabergéGOLD Member
veteran
1,459 posts

Posted:
Quote:

Ireland's cool. cool
Really it is. biggrin

In a rush but I'll write more later.
Any questions?

Oh....and yes....yes we are. kiss

Yes, yes, yes and yes to all of the above biggrin

It's a cool place, but the cost of living is quite high at the moment. I suppose we're used to it by now, but everyone that's been here lately tends to agree that everything is on the expensive side.

But don't let that put you off, you will get a job, of some sort. Are you looking for something specific or would bar/restaurant stuff do? There are thousand of Aussies & Kiwis here, and they're all working, so it shouldn't be any different for you. You will need a visa though, you'll need to check that out from your side, as I'm not too sure of the particulars.

Rent in Dublin may be a little more expensive that other parts of the country, but as long as you're willing to share with a few others it's perfectly managable.

Not that I'm trying to blow my own trumpet here or anything, but most people are nice, chilled & genuinely friendly, and a little mad ubbloco biggrin ubbloco

Gnorc is coming to visit us next month, I'm sure she'll be able to fill you in with tales of all sorts of shenanigans upon her return biggrin

Anything else you wanna know, just shout......

peace

My mind not only wanders, it sometimes leaves completely smile

Fire BunnySILVER Member
veteran
1,260 posts

Posted:
i was thinking i might be able to work in retail, as thats what iv been doing and im good at it. poticuly with shoes, but i think it would be ok to maybe work as a bar maid for a wee bit too. that be fun (...or would it?...)

i dont mind living with someone. i fact id like to live with someone. id be really worried about not knowing anyone, and not getting to meet anyone, and not finding a job mostly i think. iv heard a wee bit about it but as i say i dont really not that much. sept that its a lovely place with lovly people. (crazy pple that love to party every night. would i be able to keep up i wonder)

where do you think would be a good place to live? somewhere where its a bit warmer would be cool ( ubblol ) i dont no where id go. dont no if id go to dublin or not because of the price of things etc... um um um

id want to kiss the Blany stone too biggrin

and id love to meet a hole lot of you charming irish folkes with our charming accent... altho im sure ill be laughed at for my gammy kiwi accent... umm biggrin

tell me more!!! biggrin

PukSILVER Member
Sweet talented nutter
2,615 posts

Posted:
What about every where ?.

that shrewd and knavish sprite

Called Robin Good Fellow ; are you not he that is frighten of the maidens of the villagery - fairy

I am the merry wander of the night -puk

DeepSoulSheepGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,617 posts

Posted:
I'm in London at the minute and its at least as expensive as Dublin... eek

I'd say you'd get bar work fairly easy and it's goodish money.

Quote:

gammy kiwi accent

What are you on about. Accents are always groovy as long as your not in the country your accent's from.

Doh, out of time again... rolleyes

I live in a world of infinite possibilities.

Fire BunnySILVER Member
veteran
1,260 posts

Posted:
i still want to go everywhere! really really want to go to egypt at the moment. but i want to go every where. right now im -kinda- thinking movie to ireland for 6 monthes or a year or so depending on how i like it. do lots of crazy things. and then on the way home travel round a bit. its just a thought tho. altho i do really want to go to Ireland.

dude you are so always out of time! ubblol ubblol
(note to self. time management...)

FabergéGOLD Member
veteran
1,459 posts

Posted:
mmm.... Egypt ubblove I spent 6 weeks wandering around there about 14 years ago, that's when I was first bitten by the travel bug biggrin

I'm sure it's changed a lot since then, but I still regard it as one of the most amazing places I've ever been to.

You should go. The Pyramids and ancient temples alone are worth it. As is swimming in the Red Sea, with dolphins !

Lots of folks from down your neck of the woods move here or to the UK for a year or so and then travel Europe from here, it's much easier to get to around.

I'm thinking of packing up and heading to South America for a year before this year is out. Starting Spanish lessons soon so at least the ball is rolling ubbrollsmile

KatBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,211 posts

Posted:
Go West! I love the west of Ireland.

It is cold, rains a lots and is expensive but sure you could find work to tide you over. Probably best to go between April and September weather wise if you are heading for 6 months.

Think there was a thread before on going to Ireland - do a search on place recommendations. If you looking for poi people to play with there are often spinny people around Galway though not sure if they check HOP. If you were to head down there and approach random people though sure they would be very friendlty.

Have fun if you decide to go wave

Come faeries, take me out of this dull world, for I would ride with you upon the wind and dance upon the mountains like a flame.

- W B Yeats

Fire BunnySILVER Member
veteran
1,260 posts

Posted:
yeah iv always wanted to go to egypt. well iv allways wanted to go every where but Egypt has always been right at the top of the list. deffanitly.

is it colder in west Ireland the the rest of island? i think id want to go the warmest place i could coz i dont do well with the cold. even here i dont. cant stand it its a bitch. i was thinking of leaving maybe feb march next year. that way i miss winter here and go there when it startes to warm up a little bit

Motaddict
666 posts

Posted:
Check out galway, on the west coast. Cool place, quite a few spinners. Spanish arch in galway good spot for spinning, mind you it'll be pretty damp at the moment...
Quote:

id want to kiss the Blany stone too biggrin

I would advise giving that a miss, for, lets say, well, sanitary reasons ubbloco

Come forth and thou shalt win enternal happiness. but he came fifth so he won an electric toatser.

Vestiamember
47 posts

Posted:
i have been to Dublin,Ireland like 2 yr. ago it was really fun but i went during the winter. very cold and pretty. hope you have a great time

~Vestia~

wave

*Vestia enters the world of poi not knowing what to do*

*smiles and than starting thinking i never know what i'm doing*

spherespinnermember
38 posts

Posted:
Heya smile

Ahhhhh... just can't resist.. gotta tell ya just how cool Edinburgh in Scotland is.... very very very very cool..... cool Decided about a year and a half ago now that I would venture over to the UK... was tossing up between Ireland and Scotland... having no contacts in either country I wasn't biased in anyway... ended up going to Edinburgh.. cos I had heard what a magical place it was.... was going to go for a few months... and ended up staying a year!! ubbloco

It is the most amazing place for spinners..... there is a huge community of incredible fire people over there... and all very friendly and inviting... ubbrollsmile The best thing is there is a regular Monday night in the meadows get together to do fire.. and it continues right through the winter... even when it snows!!! biggrin In fact one of our best nights was just after it had snowed.. everyone turned up and we had lots of fun spinning fire whilst dodging snowballs... eek!!

So from my experience... I would totally say go to Edinburgh.. you'll love it.. if u love fire twirling... !! I am heading back that way for the second half of the year... can't wait!!

In saying that I never got to Ireland (cos I got soo sucked into Scotland!) but a few mates who went said Galway was nice.. but there were still more fiery folk in Edinburgh wink

Good luck on your choice though... either way.. travelling is sooo much fun... !!!

hug
J smile

smile
Start chasing dreams.... one day u may catch them..

OzE_QTBRONZE Member
64 posts

Posted:
Hi Fire Bunny smile
A friend and I are planning to go and work in ireland for a while (hopefully) next year too. When do you think you'll be heading over? I'm still doing lots of looking around like you and trying to figure out the best places to stay and to visit. Also trying to save money (It's SO hard!! LOL)
From the little bit of research I've done so far and from what ppl have said on here it seems like Galway is a good pick.
Maybe I'll see you over there! We can drink some guinness beerchug and have a spin weavesmiley
smile OzE_QT

Fire BunnySILVER Member
veteran
1,260 posts

Posted:
my saving isnt going very well at the moment... im trying to buy a car you see... but yeah im still looking at it. sceard about moving over by myself tho. do you have any websites about Galway that says what its like to live in etc? opss got to go. talk to you later smile

FabergéGOLD Member
veteran
1,459 posts

Posted:
Hey Firebunny wave

Here's a decent enough site. Look under 'Directory' for some useful info about moving to/living in Galway, looking for jobs/places to stay etc.

https://www.galway1.ie/directory/dliving.htm

happy hunting peace

Lisa

DioHoP Mechanical Engineer
729 posts

Posted:
My sister is going to be visiting Ireland in a few weeks for a class, if anyone's interested in helping her have the best trip ever, please PM me smile

I'm also looking for a particular Transformer toy that I hear is pretty common around Ireland... if there's any soul willing to snag action figures for me please also PM me and we'll arrange something biggrin

What hits the fan is not evenly distributed.

FabergéGOLD Member
veteran
1,459 posts

Posted:
just sent you a PM, regarding your sis, not the transformer unfortunately ubbrollsmile

Fire BunnySILVER Member
veteran
1,260 posts

Posted:
hay thanks luvie ill go check your you site. hug

i really want to go and work in ireland for a wee bit and then travel heaps on the way home. i really want to go Egpyt. im really intersted in that at the moment as well. i no its not really on the way home but a slight de-tour would be fine with me biggrin
only proplame is that i have heard heaps that ireland is very very expentsicve and im thinking not much saving would be done. ah well drinking would make up for that eh beerchug