Forums > Social Chat > Have you been bluejacked?

Login/Join to Participate

mrFlibbleSILVER Member
Ghostbuster
455 posts

Posted:
Has anyone been bluejacked? Post your experiences here. I haven't been bluejacked yet, but i've only had my phone a couple of weeks. If you don't know what it is, have a look at https://www.bluejackq.com/

_VT_SILVER Member
Your Face!
1,173 posts

Posted:
If i had a device with blue tooth on it i would be bluejacking anyone i could find.

Heroism on command, senseless violence, and all the loathsome nonsense that goes by the name of patriotism - how passionately I hate them!
-Albert Einstein-

Peanut butter... It fills the cracks of the soul! -Paul Blart-

Fire BunnySILVER Member
veteran
1,260 posts

Posted:
lol it sound really cool but i cant figer out how to do it. can all phones do it? i have a nokia 2100 and i live in new zealand. do you think ill be able to do it? i dont seem to be able to figer it out and i really want to try it. any pointers? (iv have been to the site)

What if we think the jokes on them,
But really - the jokes on us....

and also... i wuv Rougie *snuz*

RixatrixBRONZE Member
paranoid of gov't conspiracies
217 posts

Posted:
i'd love to do that to someone i knew and just freak them out but unfortunately i have nothing that can bluejack.

mrFlibbleSILVER Member
Ghostbuster
455 posts

Posted:
Firebunny if your phone has bluetooth capability then it should be able to do it. if not then u need a new phone ! biggrin

DeepSoulSheepGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,617 posts

Posted:
umm
Beyond flirting I don't see the appeal I'm afraid.

I live in a world of infinite possibilities.

mrFlibbleSILVER Member
Ghostbuster
455 posts

Posted:
i can see the appeal.
you never know what someone is gonna send you, could be anything. sounds appealing to me.

Fire BunnySILVER Member
veteran
1,260 posts

Posted:
yeah i went in to day and asked the vodafone pple about it, and they didnt understand how you could do it. coz they say you need a passkey to sent it to another fone, and you culdnt just do it to a ramdon person. and ther are only about 5 fones in that shope that can to it and there all big n expensive. its not a the phone that i want to get next, and which is a pix fone, and i dont no anyone/havent seen ppl with the fones that do have it. but maybe in a few years... ubblol

What if we think the jokes on them,
But really - the jokes on us....

and also... i wuv Rougie *snuz*

EeraBRONZE Member
old hand
1,107 posts

Posted:
Unwanted intrusions into our lives.
Sounds like spam to me.

There is a slight possibility that I am not actually right all of the time.

Tao StarPooh-Bah
1,662 posts

Posted:
no it's fun!

i like connecting with strangers any way i can, even if it's just smiling on the tube. People ignore eachother far toomuch in my opinion and it's just another way of saying 'hi, we're all humans here! how are you?'

sometimes i leave random messages on people's message borads, to email adresses, or sometimes on noticeboards in college and stuff. I like people who come out of their shells and make new friends!

I had a dream that my friend had a
strong-bad pop up book,
it was the book of my dreams.

Chironback after 5 years...
35 posts

Posted:
it seems quite big in the uk i've done it a few times, and its really easy to do, you just create a "contact" name that is a message i.e. instead of a phonebook entry being called Bob or Susan it just says " hello" then send the contact like a business card via bluetooth. Its a bit fiddly cos you have to have all your greatings already stored up but wont be long before they start creating programs to do it. Its about the only decent use for Bluetooth that I know of.

Wizard of LED poi !

mrFlibbleSILVER Member
Ghostbuster
455 posts

Posted:
Quote:

Unwanted intrusions into our lives.
Sounds like spam to me.

i dont think it is because you can always turn off bluetooth on your phone then you wont receive any messages at all.

GottaLoveItSponge
883 posts

Posted:
Is it just like a business card? Which phones can do it??

Haha, this sounds great, I just read the tips and tricks.... made me giggle and reminded me of Jay and Silent Bob

Monkeys monkeys and bananas

mrFlibbleSILVER Member
Ghostbuster
455 posts

Posted:
its more than that
you can send each other files like ringtones, pictures, videos, depending on what your phone supports.