phunkyold hand
877 posts

Posted:
Does anyone know of any free webhosting site that offer at least 5 mb of space with no banners, advertisments or buttons?

I'm looking for a place to make my webpage but banners and such are really annoying.

adamricepoo-bah
1,015 posts

Posted:
Good luck! What's in it for the hosting service?

If you have a Mac and OS 9 or better, Apple gives you 5 MB of web space to do with as you want. Otherwise, I think you are SOL unless someone friendly comes along.

I'm hosting my website for $6/mo, which is pretty darn cheap.

Laugh while you can, monkey-boy

The Welcome Mattmember
193 posts

Posted:
well.. to I think Freeservers has a banner.. but its not that big. and they give you a ton of space.. I would give them a try.

www.freeservers.com

I dreamt that I ate a 10 pound marshmellow and then when I woke up, my pillow was gone!

phunkyold hand
877 posts

Posted:
Well i'm just going to use geocities for now and use a redirect service to change the URL. Geocities has the little button banner at the side but you can close most of it.

audaxBRONZE Member
freelance bum
286 posts

Posted:
www.crosswinds.net is pretty good and I think it's Canadian too phunky!
www.thefreesite.com seems to have good links.
A word of warning, free web hosting seems to come and go, and go with your carefully written site

UYI wink OLDSKOOL

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
if it's only 5mb you can host on my page and use a V3 redirect url (https://come.to) depending what's on it...

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

Raymund Phule (Fireproof)Enter a "Title" here:
2,905 posts

Posted:
Dude please, I am down on my knees begging you not to go the route of Geocities!! Geocities is of the devil, if you are anthing like me you will enjoy programing your site rather than letting someone select a template for you. Dude Freeservers has one banner on the top thats it. You can go the route of paying for one but I really do not think that you can find a free one without banners, plus if you do go the pay route, advertise with someone elses banners make some money off your site. Just whatever you do, do not use Geocities or homstead!!!

Some Jarhead last night: "this dumb a$$ thinks hes fireproof"

Acid Damagemember
5 posts

Posted:
Email me matt@nodge.net and I will setup some free hosting on my server (www.nodge.net)

-Matt