Forums > Social Chat > Complete change of life

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
CassandraFroggie ... Ribbit !!!
4,224 posts

Posted:
sooooooo.....

I still cannot quite beleive it .... but I DID IT...
yesterday was my final exams , i am now almost officially a Massage therapist ...
So what ???? .you might ask ... well... Had someone told me that 3 years ago i would have laughed my ass off...

3 years ago I was PR Manager in the pharmaceutical industry ... kinda happy working corporate girl, kinda... but not quite ... Poi got into my life and along came quite a few amazing and inspiring people peace. And I thought travelling would be good, take a year off and then go back to work... i have always wanted to travel around the world ....
I saved money working like a dog but I did it ...

First exotic stop : guatemala where i worked as a clown ... that alone was enough to know there is no way i am coming back to sit in an office...
Little by little i learnt to listen to my heart with help and inspiration of my friends and decided one year later to become a massage therapist ... and so i did it... and today I just finished the intensive course here in Melbourne and my head is spinning , my heart is dancing and i am grinning...

so what is this thread ?

another one that says : look at what poi did to me wink because Hop and poi did play a big role ::looks at her own beloved roommate Flynt, boyfriend and closest friends ... they all have screenames :: EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEK wink)

I just know that some of you are happy with their choices and their lives and I am so happy for you... But I know I was not completely and am quite proud that i did not wait until i am 60 that taht some of you are in the same situation an d thought you might want to share as well (josh ? Katinca ? kat ? Drome ?...) because who knows ... this might make some of you think a bit ... and maybe even be inspired ????? biggrin

spreading my wings smiling at the world I am truely hoping everyone experiences that amazing feeling that what you are doing is rigt , no matter what it is ubblove

Shine on
Cass

"I want brown bread... no, that is diesel oil..."
"So I was raised in Europe, where History comes from ..."
"NON !!! La Plume de mon oncle n est pas Bingibangibungi !!!"

The Tea FairySILVER Member
old hand
853 posts

Posted:
ditto

I think I'm in exactly the same sort of place right now, Bubbles. Finished Uni last summer and I've been in my job for 9 months now, but it's like every day is the same and nothing's moving forwards and it all feels very, very frustrating!

I really desperately want to move away from London and back to more rural surroundings, but I feel pretty lost as to what I would do in terms of jobs, especially as I'm getting paid a fair bit and I don't hate my job right now, just know I could probably be doing something better.

It's wierd but I'm missing studying too, at Uni I felt like my thoughts and how I understood things was evolving all the time but now there's nothing to really focus on so that growth has stopped. I don't really feel ready to do postgrad but I'm thinking about looking into training in something completely different, like learning a specific trade or skill. hug

Idolized by Aurinoko

Take me disappearing through the smoke rings of my mind....

Bob Dylan

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
hug

i know what you mean, im happy for the fact i could go into anything, but its what to go for and how to start. i know for a fact i cannot stay in the job im in now, its ruining who i am, regardless of the money i earn id prefer it to drop if i found something i liked.

what did you do at uni? im assuming you got your degree. i left uni because i just wanted to work and build my career, and i was traped in the student life ubblol what is it you do?

ive had an offer to go to qatar to live at my mums and find work there for a lil while, which is a possibility but such a huge jump, and that scares me.

Disclaimer:im not responsible for what i say or do whether it be before,during and after drinking alcoholic substances (owned by BMVC).
Creater of Jenisms(TM)
Virginity like bubble,one prick all gone.

blu_valleySILVER Member
fluffy mess
197 posts

Posted:
You all just need to move to Brighton biggrin sunny

"I want to know if you can see beauty even when it's not pretty, every day,and if you can source your own life from its presence.." - Oriah Mountain Dreamer

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
:P

find me a job tongue

Disclaimer:im not responsible for what i say or do whether it be before,during and after drinking alcoholic substances (owned by BMVC).
Creater of Jenisms(TM)

Sparklygreenfire*Green Spirit*
201 posts

Posted:
 Written by: The Tea Fairy

It's wierd but I'm missing studying too, at Uni I felt like my thoughts and how I understood things was evolving all the time but now there's nothing to really focus on so that growth has stopped. I don't really feel ready to do postgrad but I'm thinking about looking into training in something completely different, like learning a specific trade or skill. hug

I feel like that at the moment. I'm a Mum...and as much as I love my Son, that's kinda ALL I am at the mo. Which in itself is bloody hard work at times. But now he's at school, I wanna do something more. I do cleaning at the moment, as well as painting and pet sitting...but I really wanna go back to college. I love Animals/wildlife and would like to go into Conservation...so I'm heading for an Animal Management degree. I can't wait to get back to studying, and once I've finished...the job I will be doing will no doubt involve plenty of research and observation.
Maybe you could do a part time course on top of you'r job? Maybe cut your hours down if poss...if not, open uni in your spare time. It's hard doing that tho...so little time to chill!! frown

Are you a robot...or an alien?

blu_valleySILVER Member
fluffy mess
197 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Ze_Bubbles

:P

find me a job tongue

Find your own job! I give you answers, I don't live your life for you wink hug

or you could come work for my company... like I said before...repeatedly... tongue

"I want to know if you can see beauty even when it's not pretty, every day,and if you can source your own life from its presence.." - Oriah Mountain Dreamer

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
i forget ubblol my memory is detiorating here. is there a website or something with positions on?

besides i though you were leaving...:(

sparkley, are you definatly going to uni then or is it just an idea at the moment? i know there is a lot of help out there for parents wanting to go back into education

Creater of Jenisms(TM)

Page: