Page:
Tao StarPooh-Bah
1,662 posts

Posted:
what actually is isolation with poi? confused

i do a spot of contact juggling where isolation is where you move your hads round the ball so it looks like your hans are moving but the ball is still and completely frictionless.

as far as i can tell, this can't be what poi isolation is, cos poi aren't clear like contact balls, plus they have a string which would make it pretty hard. all of which leads me to the question - WTF IS POI ISOLATION??????

thank dudes! peace

ps - we really need a 'frustrated' emoticon to demonstrate the aaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrgggghhhhhhhhhh!!! of not being able to master a move.

I had a dream that my friend had a
strong-bad pop up book,
it was the book of my dreams.

zenimusSILVER Member
2 posts

Posted:
hmmm.. i can do isolations but I'm looking now for a 3 beat isolation video.. anyone know where I could find such a video?

buggleberry_fairySILVER Member
172 posts

Posted:
i've read all of the isolation threads around, and i get the concept of it, but when i put it into practice somehow it looses all sense of understanding. I can without the poi make the bicycle circles with my hands, but when i add even just one poi usually my hands refuse to make a circle as i know i'll hit myself, and if i bring up the courage to try the poi just makes a bigger circle. I think i just cant make the middle of the cord/chain stay in one place.

Any tips? Is there a technique to starting it off? I tried the shopping bags and can do that but when i try a circle from it it just goes everywhere.

"Be the change you want to see in the world"

poigmarmite and nutella sandwich
1,590 posts

Posted:
 Written by: zenimus

hmmm.. i can do isolations but I'm looking now for a 3 beat isolation video.. anyone know where I could find such a video?

https://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?docid=-4035594550615062776&q=poi

THE hop Pyro.
(with parents)
Unowned

faith enfireBRONZE Member
wandering thru the woods of WI
3,556 posts

Posted:
the people in back are fun too
there are tangles with tails and other guy doing isos and a guy doing double staff and girl with a regular staff

the best part was the people trying to get through ubblol weavesmiley

Faith
Nay, whatever comes one hour was sunlit and the most high gods may not make boast of any better thing than to have watched that hour as it passed

1,590 posts

Posted:
I still can't do isolations very well frown They just seem to fall out of the sky and when i put more power into them, they stop islolating frown

THE hop Pyro.
(with parents)
Unowned

faith enfireBRONZE Member
wandering thru the woods of WI
3,556 posts

Posted:
then i suggest stop thinking about doing them and think about how cool that looks...the more confident the more power should come into them

Faith
Nay, whatever comes one hour was sunlit and the most high gods may not make boast of any better thing than to have watched that hour as it passed

1,590 posts

Posted:
Thanks wink

THE hop Pyro.
(with parents)
Unowned

Page: