DeepSoulSheepGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,617 posts

Posted:
I'm just wondering (and not out of competitivness - I can't do 'em all yet smile ) whether you can do any / all of the following moves.

1) BTB TTN (all directions)

2) BTH TTN (all directions)

3) BTB 4 beat TTN

4) BTH 4 beat TTN

5) Split time BTB / TBTH TTN eek

It'd be cool if you said whether you plan on learning them too, cause I'm interested to know?

I don't believe a lot is gained with these moves visually by themselves, but they certainly are worth learning me thinks.

Of the ones I have learnt I've certainly gotten the same satisfaction as any other moved I've learnt. They have also open up transitions into moves (BTB butterfly waistwrap without coming back in front) that wouldn't otherwise be possible, as well as ways of dancing (getting into it) better(think ttn and dancing).

One of the reasons I'm wondering is also because of all this hype about loops (ubbangel) and other more "complicated" moves and what can be missed out on.

weavesmiley

I live in a world of infinite possibilities.

simian110% MONKEY EVERY TIME ALL THE TIME JUST CANT STOP THE MONKEY
3,149 posts

Posted:
no no no no no smile

but...

weasel does a lovely btb waistwrap-stretch split-time isolation (follow not butterfly)

which is another funky one from the school of bending-your-arms-round-in-silly-ways-then-doing-complicated-stuff biggrin

edit- it's backwards. Haven't seen forwards too, cos it'd be very hard.
EDITED_BY: simian (1076668958)

"Switching between different kinds of chuu chuu sometimes gives this "urgh wtf?" effect because it's giving people the phi phenomenon."

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
yes yes no no no yes.

i find bth easier than btb when doing thread the needle - bf weave ugly anyone...? ubblol

and you are right about a proper btb bf ww.

they're disgustingly hard - i've never seen a split time one.

jonnny moohaahaa can kind of do one of the same time ones ubbrollsmile

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

simian110% MONKEY EVERY TIME ALL THE TIME JUST CANT STOP THE MONKEY
3,149 posts

Posted:
i think i can do a full non-alternating butterfly btb ww...

i took it from doing it with two sticks, and it took me ages to learn with them ubbangel

"Switching between different kinds of chuu chuu sometimes gives this "urgh wtf?" effect because it's giving people the phi phenomenon."

RevBRONZE Member
Bastard Newbie Messiah
1,269 posts

Posted:
yes yes yes no no...at least I think no on the last one.. I don't spin split time bf stuff.. it just doesnt work with my style...

More useless information courtesy of Rev...
Confusing the masses, one post at a time...
"Obviously, you're not a golfer.."- The Dude
"Buy the ticket... Take the ride..." -Raoul Duke
"FEMA has never done catastrophe planning..."-Michael Brown

TheWibblerGOLD Member
old hand
920 posts

Posted:
My inwards btb butterflies suck.

But I can do a mean 3Bt BF BTB Outwards (split time ttn) in the wall plane

I could almost do 3Bt BF Weave BTB in wheel plane but never quite got comfortable with repeating it.

They are all great moves though and certainly open up masses of possibilities.

I stopped practicing them when i started throwing my poi around, then i got into hyperloopery.

Personally throws and contact poi are way higher on my list of things to learn. However, learning moves like the ones mentioned will make for a very strong foundation so go for it.

¦m¦

Spherculism ~:~ The Act of becoming Spherculish.

Dragon7GOLD Member
addict
625 posts

Posted:
umm Do you mean that bad a$$ ttn weave that jo derry does in front??? (4bt ttn weave btb?) If so NO i cant do that btb, in front is hard enough, as far as 3bts and splittimes in all those planes... no prob's.

A friend talked about "quantums" when you learn about 10 different moves, while cleaning old moves and moves not quit "in your set" and then you continually learn new moves all the time, which takes alot of the pain out of waiting for afew weeks to just learn 1 move.

Just has to do with time management, u spend 5min on loops, 10 on new moves, 5 on cleaning etc etc obviously there are guanna be moves that take 6months to learn, but if your learning other moves inbetween praticing that move, you neva feel stagnated, or bored.

Back to the topic, personally i dont think it matters that much, cause noone can even see your doing btb ttn so its pointless, unless you just wanna say "Im the Man, i can do 4bt btb ttn weave" although it dose widen you base, and skill lvl. wave

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
i agree with everything dragon just said biggrin

This is a post by tom, all spelling is deleberate
-><- Kallisti

arashiPooh-Bah
2,364 posts

Posted:
yes yes yes yes yes. rolleyes

all good to know but... still one level lower than you ought to have them for lots more airwraps. you oughta be able to inch around back and forth from split time to normal time inside all these. and be able to turn at any point of course.

-Such a price the gods exact for song: to become what we sing
-Seek freedom and become captive of your desires. Seek discipline and find your liberty.
-When the center of the storm does not move, you are in its path.

Kitveteran
1,269 posts

Posted:
i dunno what ttn means so dunno but as the only thing i can do behind the back is flutterby and almost a weave prob no no no no no no no hehe

educate me please!

random murbles

BELTANE FIRE FESTIVAL. 30th april ~ Calton hill - Edinburgh
SAMHUINN FESTIVAL. 31st October ~ Royal Mile - Edinburgh

SpitFireGOLD Member
Mand's Girl....and The Not So Shy One
2,723 posts

Posted:
ttn is thread the needle.

I can sort of do a behind the back butterfly, but not anywhere good enough to get a ttn going with it.

The only trick I can do reliably well behind the back is the btb reverse weave.

I'm working like mad on the btb forward weave, as MAnd can attest, but...well...I'm a slow slow learner with some things.

Other folks say those tricks are possible, so I'd believe em...but I'd love to see a btb ttn.

Solitude sometimes speaks to you, and you should listen.

StoneGOLD Member
Stream Entrant
2,829 posts

Posted:
Interesting questions DSS.

1) BTB TTN. No, haven’t felt a need for it yet, but I think about it from time to time.
2) BTH TTN. Yes, but I not very well. Not one I practice much.
3) BTB 4 beat TTN. No
4) BTH 4 beat TTN. No
5) Split time BTB / TBTH TTN. Don’t think. Trying to improve my split-time bf TTN.

6) bf weave ugly anyone? No, but I have a very ugly bf upper fountain. One day I’ll get the one I want there.

Special thanks to the contributors in the recent waist wrap discussion on the bottom carry, as now I’m starting to get into btb bf ww’s. Cheers.

If we as members of the human race practice meditation, we can transcend our fear, despair, and forgetfulness. Meditation is not an escape. It is the courage to look at reality with mindfulness and concentration. Thich Nhat Hanh

poikidBRONZE Member
68 posts

Posted:
I'm afraid I cant do any of those as of yet, and have no one to spin with who can do it....well for that matter no one to spin with period. I'm starting to think I am the only spinner in Washington. frown

-Missy Poi, the Kid-

In order to achieve what most people cant, you must do what most people wont

Y.T.SILVER Member
hopeless addict
121 posts

Posted:
i can btb ttn in the wall plane as well as the ttn weave btb. with the ttn i can make it 3 and 4 beat depending on which side i'm on. it's kinda cheaty because i mainly move the one arm. and visually it does look nice once you manage to do it not contorting your body in an obscene way. and it looks lovely once you get some thru wraps in there too.

bth is yet to be explored and split time is baffling me btb. it may have to wait because today i believe i began my obsession with club juggling...

Ninjas NEVER give up!

DeepSoulSheepGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,617 posts

Posted:
I know what you mean, I just started juggling clubs too smile

Mainly towards Taniwha and Nix....I know they mightn't look like anything worth learning but I reckon they totally are and I already gave an example of the one you mentioned.....the btb ttn.....not to mention turning.

I wasn't refering to the BTB TTN weave at any point ubblove but only a straight forward 4 bt btb butterfly and split time variations...specifically because these move MAY look the same.

Anyway moves like the 4 beat TTN you dance way more in front so why not behind.

I live in a world of infinite possibilities.