NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
It seems like there's a run of folks bumping up extremely old posts, which is fine and all. But if you do bump up an old post it would be nice to somehow let others know. (I know one can just look at dates)

It's confusing that folks are just picking up where others left off 2 years ago in the middle of the conversation without making a note of that fact. Most people on old posts are no longer with us, yet people are conversing with them as if the conversation is concurrent. Some of my old comments are no longer relevant (especially asking for help with moves that I've got now and such!) and it would be nice to reemphasis the fact that they are old.

I think it's great that people are ressurecting ancient but relevant issues, but please indicate that you're doing so and why.

THANKS!
biggrin

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

Jezaddict
642 posts

Posted:
If you are refering to the fire vs glow thread. I mention that it was an old topic and I did ask if people had changed their opinions since it was last discussed.

'Happiness is liking peeing on yourself. Everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth.'

'If *I* had a hammer, there'd be no more folk singers.'

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
Heh heh - I noticed that on the "Breathing Exercies". I got all excited that Dibs had started posting again - but no frown

Ho hum.
Not complaining mind you - it's much better than just loads of new threads ending in "Please do a search" wink

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
*goes to find some amusing old nyc threads*

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Nope... not referring to any in particular. There have been at least 10 threads that have been dead for over a year that have been bumped recently. I bumped one myself but at least made a note that I was bumping it.

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
hey mate ima waiting for that day when i can ressurrect this thread with an untimely bump!...erm with the proper indication that it's old, o'course!
sorry if bumping dib's old thread caused confusion - i just really needed the advice and thought it would be nice to reshare her contribution smile
thanks for clarifying this bit of hop policy, oh NYC! beerchug

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

certifiedloonSILVER Member
29 posts

Posted:
Think I might well have done that numberous times, just due to not paying attention to the dates enough - so apologies, I plead ignorance! And will try not to do it without warning.

Thanx NYC, my forum etiquette is crap ubbtickled